Title race

27 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Screenshot_20230304_170043_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.487fba486092b09529d0517394597dcc.jpg

A Morton victory on Tuesday means it's just about a 3 horse race for the title. Anything else and I'd think it's down to Dundee to catch QP. Dundee's next two league fixtures are against thistle and Ayr so there's going to be teams dropping points there. 

11 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

A Morton victory on Tuesday means it's just about a 3 horse race for the title. Anything else and I'd think it's down to Dundee to catch QP. Dundee's next two league fixtures are against thistle and Ayr so there's going to be teams dropping points there. 

We have to win those 2 games against Thistle and Ayr.  QP next 3 games are all at home and offer them a chance to push on from any fk ups the Dees offer. 

4 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

Nah, Partick not out this yet. Still all to play for as lots of points still to be dropped in this league. 

I don't want us to win the league. I want us to get to the playoff final where we'll relegate Dundee Utd with a last minute goal at Tannadice. 

Sadly us Jags fans can't have the nice things, so I'll hold my nose and welcome the impending title win ( @Duszek kens).

FML.

Still think Queen's are winning it, they've been the best team we've played in the league this year by miles and have our number. If Morton can beat Ayr then our game on Saturday will feel like a bit of a title race elimination for one team assuming QP win on Friday night. 

2 hours ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Still think Queen's are winning it, they've been the best team we've played in the league this year by miles and have our number. If Morton can beat Ayr then our game on Saturday will feel like a bit of a title race elimination for one team assuming QP win on Friday night. 

They may have your number, but they've only picked up 5 points out of 27 from the other 3 promotion contenders. They've been very good against the other sides in this league which is why they are top.

Agree on Sat, but we need to take care of Ayr first. Win both and I think we are guaranteed top 4 with a right good chance of the title but won't be easy. You lot are in right good form, should be a great game.

7 hours ago, Virtual Insanity said:

You lads have been the best team we've played by a considerable distance. QP have just received pumping after pumping from us.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

You lads have been the best team we've played by a considerable distance. QP have just received pumping after pumping from us.

And we've beaten Thistle 3 times so far this season, including embarrassing them at Firhill. Football obviously doesn't always work like that though.

I don't think we'll win the title unless we take 9 points from our next 3 games (Arbroath, Cove, and Inverness all at Ochilview). If we do, then it's game on.

9 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

And we've beaten Thistle 3 times so far this season, including embarrassing them at Firhill. Football obviously doesn't always work like that though.

That was the point.

11 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

I don't think we'll win the title unless we take 9 points from our next 3 games (Arbroath, Cove, and Inverness all at Ochilview). If we do, then it's game on.

You won't and the whole of Scottish football will rejoice at this failing financial experiment.