🤩🤩🤩🤩Alba Cup Final 2023🤩🤩🤩🤩

** Friday Night Football **

Saints are the hosts tomorrow night when Abbey Vale FC and Creetown Football Club face each other in the final of the South Of Scotland Football League Alba Cup.

With the victors facing Renfrew and Luncarty in a three way play off for a place in next seasons Scottish Cup this is sure to be a keenly contested match.

Kick off is 7.30pm and admission is £5.00 for adults and £3.00 for concessions. As these charges are set by the Southern Counties Football Association our normal practice of allowing U16's free entry will not be available.

We will also be running our 50/50 half time draw.

There will also be a fully licensed can bar available prior to kick off and after the final whistle.

Come along and support grassroots football.

1 hour ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

I did think about coming down for this one, but have decided I don't really want to be getting home potentially after midnight.

Good luck to both teams, hope it's a good game. I'm sure Renfrew and Luncarty will be looking on with interets.

Have a lie in Sat morning.

54 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Home game for us tomorrow, I'm at the park before 10, no chance of a lie in 🤣

Know the feeling mate at yard for 7 to do horses to give me a chance of getting to Meadow Park.

Half time in Alba Cup Final

Abbey Vale 2 -0 Creetown

Aedan Kerr & Jay Burns.

Vale front 3 have beating of a ponderous Creetown backline everytime who are standing off the Vale attack. Not having to play through midfield just get it up to front 3.

Creetown having a good amount of possession but ponderous in build up. AV backline showing how to defend properly not allowing strikers time they want.

Neither midfield much in show. Game played at pace with too many layoffs and flicks. Nobody putting their foot on the ball and bringing others into the game.

Vale no2 on loan from QOS. Best on show and able to go higher.

Full time at St.Marys

Abbey Vale 2 - 1 Creetown.

2 first half goals for Abbey Vale from Aedan Kerr and Jay Burns.

A reply from Tyler Rennie but Abbey Vale are Alba Cup  Champions.

FB_IMG_1677881205185.jpg.42dc608623fd6abf073712f2d7fe64af.jpg

So Abbey Vale go forward to represent SOS against Renfrew and Luncarty for a place in next season's Scottish Cup.

Vale opened the scoring inside 2 minutes after the Ferry back line conspired to pass the ball to Aedan Kerr who ran from half way line rounded the keeper and tucked away nicely.

Ferry dominated possession for most of opening half without creating anything worthwhile with Lewis Dunn the orchestrator in midfield, more of him later. Meanwhile Vale were actually created the better chances and were rewarded when Queens loanee Jay Burns started and finished a decent flurry of passes.

The second half was almost one way traffic with Ferry camped in Vale half with Modric lookalike Dunn pulling the strings. Again 're first half failed to really create but were rewarded for their endeavours with a somewhat hopeful launch forward from, if I remember correctly, no.2 Robert Paisley was watched admiringly by the Vale backline and keeper. The only switched on player was Ferry no.3 Tyler Rennie, who played more advanced entire second half, drifted in from the left and made enough of a contact to find the goal and suddenly it was game on.

The remainder of the game was mainly spent in the Vale half, with Lewis"Modric" Dunn supplying the quality play.

Despite the pressure and possession didn't feel Ferry created much. There were a few hairy moments for Vale but in fact they had the clear cut chances for the remainder of the game. Ferry keeper Dale Leith had 2 excellent reaction saves to keep his team in it. The other chances were wasted by the Vale frontline.

In conclusion Ferry had most possession and territory with their midfield controlling the tempo. But they lacked any guile or creativity up front.

Vale first half; their front 3 were running amok with the Ferry backline who were quite ponderous and wasteful with their passing. Second half though they became a long ball side. Every time keeper Hall was in possession there was no out ball for him, as all the Vale players were up at halfway. This resulted in the much more physically competent Ferry winning virtually every challenge keeping the Vale on the back foot and in their own half.

Overall impression was both sides played the occasion rather than the game resulting in a, at times, frantic encounter with only the Ferry Modric (Dunn) supplying any real quality. But unfortunately for him there wasn't another Ferry player with enough to prosper from his promptings.

There was a healthy attendance at St.Marys. From what I could see as well as Vale and Ferry devotees there was a reasonable turnout from local Kirkies. Didn't do headcount, not into this form of w***ing myself. A guesstimate would say 200+ inside St.Marys.

Could be wrong though.

Anyway hope to make it to Meadow Park tomorrow. As realised have never seen a LL team play.