Goodwin Derby (Dundee Utd vs Dons)

24 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

It was a stipulation from the council when they changed it to unallocated standing. Can only sell around 2/3rds of the capacity which sells out most games.

I would have thought someone who calls themself ‘Merkland Red’ would know that 😅

Couldn't be bothered changing to RDU Red 😙

12 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Not having a go at you personally but this is terrible patter. Let the bastirt be forgotten instead of making light of his crimes.

I didn't create the meme and it is completely to do with the fixit aspect (or rather he won't) than any link to the paedo b*****d.

But I'll take it down to avoid any mixed messages.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

1 hour ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Aye, you either do it for everyone or not at all, surely?

Hearts (when going well) & Aberdeen would fill it. 
Why give the scum the stand but not Hearts/Aberdeen?

Presumably, the (highly depressing) thought process is that Dundee United home games against Celtic and Rangers are foregone conclusions, and giving their fans the shed is a drop in the vast ocean of uncompetitive advantages that they have.

Edited by Illgresi

50 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Just a neighbourly suggestion but could you not allocate home fans this section if the roof covering makes such a difference to the noise generated? It would give the home fans a chance to create a crescendo of noise to back the team.

In order for that to work, one of the coaching staff will first have to issue a personal guarantee.

4 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

He’s showing signs of great shithousery.

If it pisses off fans, much more of it please. 

Beaton booked him for time wasting, it bothered him not one bit. He didn’t change & carried on. 

Having watched some of the time wasting shit that we have to suffer at Pittodrie from opposition goalkeepers and they’re never even spoken to, that booking last night was a complete joke.

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

Completely. @Merkland Red should really be called Paddock Red imo.

I'm sure other old b*****ds would agree.

Some of us really old b*****ds would insist on King Street End.

5 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

Just a neighbourly suggestion but could you not allocate home fans this section if the roof covering makes such a difference to the noise generated? It would give the home fans a chance to create a crescendo of noise to back the team.

We did in Dundee Derby games, the AZ home game and a few others. This season we had record ST sales, but the way the season has gone we'd probably struggle to get much in there. If this season had gone as hoped for then I'm sure home fans would have been in there a lot more often.

5 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Aye, you either do it for everyone or not at all, surely?

Hearts (when going well) & Aberdeen would fill it. 
Why give the scum the stand but not Hearts/Aberdeen?

Would love that to be the case, that they didn't get it, leave it empty or let us have some of it.