Goodwin Derby (Dundee Utd vs Dons)

10 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

If we'd lost this game this thread would have been drowning in Hearts fans.

Their hubris is unmatched,

Which is remarkable really, given we are 7 points behind them with 30 to play for in a season with potentially the worst run of defeats in the club's history.

A win on the 18th and we absolutely should be looking to finish above them.

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’s really embarrassing hearing Goodwin have to say ‘I did my best, don’t see why I deserve to be hit by a coin’ 

Fucking pathetic behaviour. Goodwin was a shit manager but he’s a good man and never said a bad word about the club or the fans since his sacking. Get a grip. 

It's only a game. Some people need to remember that

10 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’s really embarrassing hearing Goodwin have to say ‘I did my best, don’t see why I deserve to be hit by a coin’ 

Fucking pathetic behaviour. Goodwin was a shit manager but he’s a good man and never said a bad word about the club or the fans since his sacking. Get a grip. 

Spot on. He's been nothing but respectful towards Aberdeen and you can actually tell he's still hurt but how it all panned out. 

I love my sport but it really does bring out a lot of low-lifes. Shameful stuff.

28 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Spot on. He's been nothing but respectful towards Aberdeen and you can actually tell he's still hurt but how it all panned out. 

I love my sport but it really does bring out a lot of low-lifes. Shameful stuff.

One of the best things about football is the raw passion it generates, unfortunately too many are unable to separate this from basic decency at times. 

47 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yeah. Didn't understand the terrible reception tbh. 

6pm kick off probably didn't help. 

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Yeah. Didn't understand the terrible reception tbh. 

6pm kick off probably didn't help. 

Didn’t expect a good reception tbf and nothing wrong with a wee bit of partisan hostility and banter but if you reach a point as an individual that you wish to assault a guy over their personal failings then you’re a c**t of the highest order. 

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Football - bloody hell.

Dundee United was my first away game in 1967, 3-1 back then, too, same sequence of scoring, 0-1, 1-1, 1-2, 1-3

https://afcheritage.org/matches/fixtures/mreport.cfm?fixture_id=2765&season=1966-67&squad=Senior

Would you believe it, that was my first away game as well. We had just moved down to Dundee two weeks earlier because of my Dad’s job. 

A few things from tonight. As others have said I’ve no idea how the Jerry Kerr Stand gets a safety certificate. It’s like a rabbit warren with narrow stairs and doors everywhere. Getting from the turnstile to the food kiosk is like a game from the Crystal Maze. Anyway on to the game. Fearful before the match with Goodwin coming in and our awful away record, and the first 30 or so minutes didn’t help. Could easily have been a couple of goals down, but we held firm(ish) and got into the game. Outrageous goal from Duk and great to see Marley get a goal. It’s ages since I’ve experienced an atmosphere like that away from home and loved seeing what the win meant to the players. I was standing in the front row of the Jerry Kerr and genuinely didn’t see anything getting thrown at Jim Goodwin, but unfortunately it doesn’t surprise me. I would hope that the club come out and publicly condemn any fan who threw anything including the idiot who threw a red flare which landed beside Ryan Duncan just missing him after one of the goals. More of these days please.

Edited by kingjoey

1 hour ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

We just stink of relegation. We played quite well in the first half but didn't score, which leads to this inevitable outcome. Like in 2016, we are so obviously the worst team in this division that it's hard to get in any way wound up. We're down.

Jim Goodwin is not at fault, but nor is he going to be able to do anything about it. Having said that, I'm not sure who could. The damage has long since been done.

You needed to appoint a manager with a proven “quick hit”, short-term effect. 
Goodwin has never done that ever.

You’re not staying up.

Not with him as manager nor with a defence containing Edwards & Mulgrew, & that fanny of a goalie