Goodwin Derby (Dundee Utd vs Dons)

5 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

We never experienced the new manager bounce when he arrived at the Dons. Didn't win for a month and only had 2 wins by the end of the season.

Which means nothing. Home win or draw. Probably draw for a complete lack of banter.

You can’t put a price on 13 wins from an arbitrarily selected 21 games though. 

25 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

I don’t want to come across like an entitled weegie c**t here but having the Shed completely empty for a United v Aberdeen game on a Saturday night makes absolutely no sense to me

Didn't they move the game to Saturday evening to encourage a bigger crowd and better atmosphere? 

59 minutes ago, Alan_G said:

Banter prediction: Goodwin to get booked for gesticulating to Aberdeen fans giving him dogs abuse as they stream out early tears running down their face 3-0 down at the half time whistle

Final Score -

3-4. 

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I don’t hate him tbf (although he pushed it yesterday). 

He doesn’t seem like a bad guy, quite the opposite. He’s just not very good at his job and he talks a lot of waffle to mask it. 

Still in disbelief as to how he was given the Aberdeen job at the time. He was doing ok with us, on a good run but only weeks before that good run, according to ITK guys on here we were sniffing about McInnes before Killie appointed him. We hadn't won in about 11 games.

He got away with a lot because as you say, would sweet talk the fans and he had (still has imo) legendary status as a cup winning captain, Aberdeen fans were never going to take to his teams playing style or be that bit more patient with him because he had no affiliation with their club. 

United fans already despise him so he has to get off to a good start to win them over. 

I was looking forward to seeing what Robson could do with this team in a 'winnable' away match tomorrow, but it now feels like a bit of a circus.

However, hopefully we can see a professional job for a change - there have not too many of them away from home this season.

Despite that - the way football works, means it's now in the tea leaves that we lose this game regardless.

Edited by tarapoa

We need to do absolutely anything to win today.

I'd play Goodwin personally. He's the easily hated dirty b*****d we're missing in the team. A total c**t thatll kick and punch his way through a game.

And it would mean he wasn't manager. 

Edited by mishtergrolsch

22 hours ago, coprolite said:

I think Jim is going to be absolutely baffled by our revolutionary tactic of using defenders to head the ball away from our box. 

An interesting concept. Looking forward to seeing how this works in practice.