9 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Following on from the Club Legends thread. Who are your favourite Cult Heroes from your current squad/squads of recent times?

For Aberdeen I'd say our most obvious one of the last 20-25 years is Zerouali who scored some absolutely ridiculous goals for us. I guess for a season, mainly due to the song, Pawlett earned that status. Don't really think we have anyone in the current squad who is close to becoming a cult hero. 

Neil Simpson?

6 hours ago, Empty It said:

Laryea Kingston absolutely class when he could be bothered.

Zaliukas, absolute bombscare at times but absolutely class other times, nothing inbetween really.

My claim to fame was nutmegging him at about age 11. His son played for the team I played in and he joined in for a kickabout but was going for it as a bit of a showoff. I didn't do anything spectacular, just popped it through his legs while running :D His son was raging at getting subbed once and called me "white boy" when coming off as well. Completely forgot all this until I saw his name here ffs :D 

In more recent times, definitely Stelios. Eating the thrown chocolate bar will surely never be forgotten.  Mark Yardley for me as the all time cult hero.  For a chunky chappie he scored a ridiculous amount of goals.  His last for the club vs Morton was probably one of his best.  Zero scored an incredible free kick against us at Love street that had some of the St. Mirren fans applauding. Only other time that I've seen that was Charlie Adam's goal from halfway for Ross County.

Colin O'Neil but then his weird and staunch side (that was probably always there) was exposed to a wider audience thanks to soshul meeja in his later fat-ned life in addition to his "psycho" tag.

Of late, I guess Liam Grimshaw is the closest to a cult hero, let's classify him "semi-cult" .... not for being a standout but just being a thoroughly nice chap, who bought into the club and a fan favourite despite not living up our collective expectations and hopes on the pitch. Run through a brick wall for you though.

2 hours ago, The Other Foot said:

A lot of people posting photos and expecting the ignorami among us to know who they are. 

Apart from Obua. Remember him well 🙄

A fair point. Obua and Pasquale Bruno were my two. Bruno was both a quality footballer, and a psycho. Loved him.

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

A fair point. Obua and Pasquale Bruno were my two. Bruno was both a quality footballer, and a psycho. Loved him.

My only memory of Bruno was him elbowing Dean Windass in the face at Tynecastle because i briefly appeared on Sportscene in a crowd shot raging at him from behind the fence. So i owe him my entire tv career.