Ross County v Motherwell - Kettlewell Derby (04/03/22)

5 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

The ten man curse is broken!

As Busta has said a few times, I don’t know what people expect from KVV? He’s a great striker at our level. 

It’s also grand that VAR went our way today.

As an open KVV disliker, I can answer this.

What I expected from him is all the things he's doing now, that he wasn't doing before. I have absolutely no issues with him at the moment, and I'd be extremely surprised if anyone did.

I've never said he didn't have ability, he just (previously) always did the wrong thing and played like he either didn't care what his instructions were or didn't know what he was doing. Previously I fully believed (and still do), that we'd have scored more goals collectively than he did individually, if he wasn;t playing.

For whatever reason, he has completely pulled that back and he's playing like a player who is actually listening, and is interested in doing something other than what he wants to do regardless of whether it's right or not.

Absolutely no issues with him at the moment....delighted. I still stand by my opinion of him previously...that hasn't changed, but I think pretty much all of us would admit that we can see he has changed dramatically.

Delighted with that result today, especially playing against 10 men.

On KVV I think he plays better when he’s worried someone else might become the favourite. I mean is his upturn in form linked to Hammell leaving, or Obika turning up with his own song 👀

Edited by Ceiling Granny

The last 2 games have felt like the type that we wouldn't have got anything under Hammell - we're both more resilient and we're carrying a bit of luck for the first time this season. 

County were slightly the better side before the sending off I thought - but we weren't handing out free gifts like Utd and the game was the type of low quality affair you expect in relegation 6 pointers. 

An Aberdeen win in the next couple of hours will have us pretty much out of reach for the bottom spot I think - playoffs still too close for comfort with a couple of tough games coming up.

Anyone watching the replays will have no complaints about the penalty decision being overturned. Iacovitti was pulling butcher down by his shirt before butcher grabbed his.

The red card foul was stupid and a clear professional foul. When you see the angle from behind the goal, you can see that KVV was going to cut across Iacovitti before being took out. The side on angle makes it look closer. So I agree, the ref was shite and VAR fixed it for a change.

Now we're moving into some tougher games, so a few twists still to go in the relegation battle. 

Until the sending off that was never going to end 2-0 to Motherwell.

We were excellent in the first half, by far the better side. Second half was a more scrappy affair.

Really dissapointed by that result. One giant leap forward, then all that ground is lost.

Edited by silver

40 minutes ago, Al B said:

For whatever reason, he has completely pulled that back and he's playing like a player who is actually listening, and is interested in doing something other than what he wants to do regardless of whether it's right or not.

Absolutely no issues with him at the moment....delighted. I still stand by my opinion of him previously...that hasn't changed, but I think pretty much all of us would admit that we can see he has changed dramatically.

Said it a few weeks ago, but I completely understand why he was how he was; basically being asked to cover the forward third of the pitch alone looks a fucking shite job. 

Suddenly his work rate has halved, and immediately he looks class for it.

7 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Said it a few weeks ago, but I completely understand why he was how he was; basically being asked to cover the forward third of the pitch alone looks a fucking shite job. 

Suddenly his work rate has halved, and immediately he looks class for it.

💯 agree with this. It is utterly mental that folk can’t see he was being asked to do a completely impossible job he wasn’t suited to and still had so many goals….

The shouts about KVV remind me of the abuse Higdon first took when we were shelling the ball to his heid and folk saying how useless he was. Then we realised get the ball to his feet and play around him. 

He is a class act and we are lucky to have him in my opinion. 

16 minutes ago, silver said:

Until the sending off that was never going to end 2-0 to Motherwell.

We were excellent in the first half, by far the better side. Second half was a more scrappy affair.

Really dissapointed by that result. One giant leap forward, then all that ground is lost.

Fair chance it would have been 1-0 if the guy never took out Van Veen. Then who knows what would have happened. 

10 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

The best thing about that game was the minutes applause for the young county fan who lost his life aged 23. Thanks to Well for participating 👏

I thought it was a nice touch that the players and ref stopped to join in. Relatively small gesture but I'm sure it meant the world to the guys family.

1 hour ago, wellboy1991 said:

It is utterly mental that folk can’t see he was being asked to do a completely impossible job he wasn’t suited to

Could it not perhaps be that some people are just seeing something different to what you're seeing, or disagree that this is what the issue was?

15 minutes ago, Al B said:

Could it not perhaps be that some people are just seeing something different to what you're seeing, or disagree that this is what the issue was?

Could be… however that would be mental imo ….

People seem to forget he isn’t a young player anymore. Being asked to cover essentially the full front line, with no midfield support, no support up top and still get in the box. But be called lazy, it’s no wonder his head was down.