Heart of Midlothian v The Better Saints

Meh. Really felt for Brown today, he’s not an lcb and was getting caught out a few times on the wrong foot. Not his fault at all and I like him, but if we don’t have 3 fit cb’s can we please play 4 at the back (or just play 4 anyway)

1 minute ago, Elixir said:

How many 3-0 maulings is that we've dished out this season now? Two in particular certainly spring to mind.

Of course in the great scheme of things it doesn't matter how many you dish out. You'll never be allowed to attain 2nd place. You've surely seen the decision making this season that has ensured that the other half of the twins is cemented into that position. My god you've only got to look at the penalty they were awarded today and then look at the one that Killie were denied to know how things will never change.

Just now, John Bonham said:

Meh. Really felt for Brown today, he’s not an lcb and was getting caught out a few times on the wrong foot. Not his fault at all and I like him, but if we don’t have 3 fit cb’s can we please play 4 at the back (or just play 4 anyway)

Has there ever been a player that has made so many appearances for a club with so few in his natural position (RB in a four)? He’s played there maybe three times in three seasons.

3 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Has there ever been a player that has made so many appearances for a club with so few in his natural position (RB in a four)? He’s played there maybe three times in three seasons.

Very true. Really unfair on the laddie as he plays wherever he’s asked and give his all, but as a defensive right back with a winger in front of him he would be a really effective player imo

A big result which keeps the chasing pack at arm's length ahead of a tough run of games. Hibs probably the only realistic challengers now.

Performance-wise it was much the same as the last couple of months. Patchy and reliant on moments of luck/quality rather than actually controlling the game.

46 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Mind when you vanished for years when Hearts were shite?

Absolutely the worst type of fan.

Did it ever occur to you that such things might be done deliberately because it evidently winds up utter bores like yourself? warnock.png

Just now, Elixir said:

Did it ever occur to you that such things might be done deliberately because it evidently winds up utter bores like yourself? warnock.png

You realise thats not better, right?

45 minutes ago, INDICATOR said:

Of course in the great scheme of things it doesn't matter how many you dish out. You'll never be allowed to attain 2nd place. You've surely seen the decision making this season that has ensured that the other half of the twins is cemented into that position. My god you've only got to look at the penalty they were awarded today and then look at the one that Killie were denied to know how things will never change.

Shocked we won't be catching Rangers, tbh.

18 minutes ago, DC92 said:

A big result which keeps the chasing pack at arm's length ahead of a tough run of games. Hibs probably the only realistic challengers now.

Performance-wise it was much the same as the last couple of months. Patchy and reliant on moments of luck/quality rather than actually controlling the game.

Better to be lucky than good, as we all know. 😎

1 hour ago, Gorgie greatness said:

No3 wasn’t meant although grant celebrated like it was  😳 

The man needed a break.

I'm still unconvinced we've learned fucking anything from that Motherwell defeat other than we're now inherently reliant on Gino and how much he can stretch a defence.

Well worth the win IMO. Never put a full performance on yet again but played some good stuff in patches and showed some flashes of quality that was enough to get us through.

Thought we showed a real willingness to defend as well which is good to see. 

Wonder what St Johnstone have done to Gino? Seems personal. 

6 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

Lot of negativity in the stands with people suggesting that was fucking dreadful but I’m not sure I agree. 

Decent away support I thought. Almost all stayed to the end of a 3-0 defeat, which I like to see.

6 hours ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

You could forgive that if he scored goals the way Crawford randomly did at important times or created anything.

Instead he takes wild shots from distance or makes terrible passing choices in good positions. I’d have booked him immediately when he got played in down the right and tried to play an outside of the left foot pass to absolutely nobody when he had two or three very good options in the box.

5 hours ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Rudden contributed more than McLennan in his cameo than McLennan did in his 70 minutes. Unlucky not to score.

Hard to analyse that all in because I think we’d have been at least worth being level right up to the point Hearts got their second. Disappointing lack of response to that by both the players and management and then we concede a disaster of a third goal to totally kill it off. 

Hadn’t read the match thread and just wrote much the same in the Saints thread, so wasn’t plagiarising!!

An enjoyable open game for an hour or so then hearts got their tales up after the second and we caved in a bit for 15 minutes. Wish the manager had been more proactive (again) early in the second half at 0-1 instead of waiting until the games effectively over to make changes.

Hearts are decent, as they should be with the money they’ve spent, and got some strong options on the bench. Feel Tynecastle should be more a lot more intimidating as in years gone by it could be a great noise from the home support, but very subdued today until the game was won.

Well it turns out we’ve not suddenly become shit after all. Which is nice

That said 3-0 possibly flattered hearts a little Hearts we’re better but Saints weren’t utter shit. They’ve got mid table adequacy written all over them and if VAR had given them that consolation penalty it would be hard to begrudge them that shred of respectability 

Which, coincidentally, was basically my take on our recent collapse against Rangers and the handball that wasn’t given then.

VAR officials may get things right but they clearly don’t have much compassion 

14 hours ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Transfermarkt says its 3 times in 3 seasons, funnily enough, as a RB in a back 4.

Once v Hibs when he was subbed on. And twice from the start (v Rangers/Celtic this season).

In the last 12 months hes played more on the left side than the right. 

10 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Feel Tynecastle should be more a lot more intimidating as in years gone by it could be a great noise from the home support, but very subdued today until the game was won.

The reality is Hearts fans are fucking shite at home. Quiet as a mouse. Could be one of the most atmospheric stadiums in the country. Also, I hope Hearts have some sort of alternative to their current away allocation. This segregation is needless and embarrassing. 

18807CDE-E17A-485C-A550-B1D4EF969816.thumb.jpeg.e183a9bc62e4d0edcbc7ede4b3f46259.jpeg

Edited by jamamafegan

15 hours ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

It’s a shame because I actually think there is a decent player in there. Being constantly shunted about the pitch/playing one game every couple of weeks means he’s thrown under the bus somewhat.