Heart of Midlothian v The Better Saints

Weird game, football.

Decent chance this ends 4-0 yet, in general terms, its not really a performance you worry about repeating.

Well that’s just a disaster of a third goal to lose. I don’t think this has been anything like a 3-0 game but we’ve totally fallen out of it since the second. A cross that sneaks in at the back post completely kills the game.

I don’t think he’s been absolutely terrible today but we really need to stop playing Carey remotely as much. Wotherspoon and Murphy both contribute far more and are permanent fixtures on the bench.

Just now, Jamie_Beatson said:

I don’t think he’s been absolutely terrible today but we really need to stop playing Carey remotely as much. Wotherspoon and Murphy both contribute far more and are permanent fixtures on the bench.

He does everything Crawford does off the ball.

Ball watches, doesnt track his runners, makes random bursts "pressing" beyond the strikers, with no chance of winning the ball, so he can then walk back and not get criticised when his mans free.

Add in the fact he then moans to everyone else about it.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

He does everything Crawford does off the ball.

Ball watches, doesnt track his runners, makes random bursts "pressing" beyond the strikers, with no chance of winning the ball, so he can then walk back and not get criticised when his mans free.

Add in the fact he then moans to everyone else about it.

You could forgive that if he scored goals the way Crawford randomly did at important times or created anything.

Instead he takes wild shots from distance or makes terrible passing choices in good positions. I’d have booked him immediately when he got played in down the right and tried to play an outside of the left foot pass to absolutely nobody when he had two or three very good options in the box.

3 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

You could forgive that if he scored goals the way Crawford randomly did at important times or created anything.

Instead he takes wild shots from distance or makes terrible passing choices in good positions. I’d have booked him immediately when he got played in down the right and tried to play an outside of the left foot pass to absolutely nobody when he had two or three very good options in the box.

Aye the first points key.

You can put up with players contributing little in defence if theyre contributing something. We've not had anything out him for a while.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye the first points key.

You can put up with players contributing little in defence if theyre contributing something. We've not had anything out him for a while.

Rudden contributed more than McLennan in his cameo than McLennan did in his 70 minutes. Unlucky not to score.

Hard to analyse that all in because I think we’d have been at least worth being level right up to the point Hearts got their second. Disappointing lack of response to that by both the players and management and then we concede a disaster of a third goal to totally kill it off. 

2 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Rudden contributed more than McLennan in his cameo than McLennan did in his 70 minutes. Unlucky not to score.

As he should, hes a striker playing up front.

Im no huge fan of McLennan and wont be happy if we sign him with the idea hes a striker, but its clear we arent playing him in a way that helps him so im loathe to butcher him too much.

He looked his best when played as a winger when we played the 4-4-2 type shape, and now looks hopeless again up front. Thats on the manager more than McLennan for me.

Just now, Elixir said:

How many 3-0 maulings is that we've dished out this season now? Two in particular certainly spring to mind.

Mind when you vanished for years when Hearts were shite?

Absolutely the worst type of fan.