St Mirren ⚫️⚪️ v Celtic 🟢⚪️ 05/03/23 1200 hours

24 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Where the ball is going isn't relevant in the laws of the game - it is purely whether or not the handball is deliberate.

Technically correct but situationally wrong. His arm blocked the pass, i.e. the ball went straight to his arm and not via any legal part of his body. So not about where the ball is going but where it had been!

Yeah for the third time in three games against them this year, we're scratching around looking for positives after a four goal humping. As with the cup game, I think there were some. We deservedly go ahead and and have a degree of control in the game. 
Then Dunne's brain fart and 5-1,
I think if we keep 11 men on the pitch we don't lose that game.
But the red card and the resultant sacrifice of Grieve not only weakens our defence - Taylor is rubbish - it also takes away the energy and out ball that Grieve gives us. He hassles defences and stops them having time to play our the back. With that gone it was wave after wave and the scoreline had an inevitability about it when the equaliser goes in. 
Back to the grind now, and another suspension to add to our stretched squad. Only one more game in March, at Tannadice in a couple of weeks. Hopefully some of the injuries have cleared up by then. 

4 minutes ago, WeeMentalDavie said:

Charles Dunne won't be popular amongst his team mates

Indeed.

We didn't defend particularly well in the second half. However, that's all down to Dunne.

Against other diddy teams, you've got a decent chance of getting a result with ten men.

However, the quality and depth of the squad we were up against today, meant that the ten men had no respite at all.

Robinson must be in Krakatoa mode with Dunne as I'm sure he'll have drummed into the players the importance of blootering it to fuck when under pressure.

It's frustrating as hell that one moment of incompetence changed the game so much. Not that you'd have noticed on Sportsound, until Sir Thommo pointed out the fact that the fact that they were up against ten men, might have influenced the game in their favour somewhat.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Where the ball is going isn't relevant in the laws of the game - it is purely whether or not the handball is deliberate.

Why was a Saints player red carded for a hand ball against Celtic a few weeks ago?

I thought they said it was because the ball was goal bound?

58 minutes ago, starryfish said:

I’m lost with the laws of the game these days, penalty for Celtic I get, no punishment for Gogic for the shirt pull though. Is that not classed as denying a goal scoring opportunity? Or can you not give a pen for DGO and also send someone off? Though that can’t be the case if Dunne was red carded and penalty originally given in first half 

The reason Oh threw himself to the ground when he felt the tug was because he was never getting the ball.

Brave wee celtic once again overcoming the odds to beat the biased VAR teams.

Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou: "VAR doesn't miss anything by the looks of it, especially with us. We had to keep our composure

Dreadful by Dunne, he got too comfortable with letting the ball roll across his body instead of leathering at first opportunity. Albeit, he did remarkably well not to leather that wee w**k Kyogo for the patronising pat on the head after he got the red card. 

We beat ourselves today. Red card was a game changer. Poor decision making in the second half. 

We need luck to win these games and it went right out the window with Dunne. 

The second Celtic goal was a foul on O'Hara but that is clutching at straws. 

Team needs to forget about today and move on to the next game.

1 minute ago, bennett said:

Brave wee celtic once again overcoming the odds to beat the biased VAR teams.

Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou: "VAR doesn't miss anything by the looks of it, especially with us. We had to keep our composure

Did you get your hopes up for a wee second there?

Its that hope that kills you in the end

9 minutes ago, FTOF said:

It's frustrating as hell that one moment of incompetence changed the game so much. Not that you'd have noticed on Sportsound, until Sir Thommo pointed out the fact that the fact that they were up against ten men, might have influenced the game in their favour somewhat.

Crocker actually acknowledged that, then added that even it it had stayed 11v11 they would have come back and won anyway. Why bother with the superlatives then? Or putting it on the telly?

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Did you get your hopes up for a wee second there?

Its that hope that kills you in the end

You're usually pretty balanced,  do you think that VAR is out to get celtic?

Good comeback in the end, the red card was clearly the turning point and getting a goal early in the 2nd half was key, Abada being on made a difference too

Whilst they had 11 on the park St Mirren were good just like at Celtic Park. Both times I’ve been impressed by them, they unlike many teams press us hard and make us uncomfortable.