St Mirren ⚫️⚪️ v Celtic 🟢⚪️ 05/03/23 1200 hours

1 minute ago, Squonk said:

You implied that any exceptions whatsoever disprove a theory and invalidate an entire argument.......except when that doesn't suit the narrative you're promoting.

Not promoting anything, just pointing out that suggesting VAR benefitted Celtic yesterday over St Mirren is pretty dumb considering the VAR decisions in the game. 

1 hour ago, Bobby_F said:

Yeah, both correct decisions.

Or are you suggesting that they were wrong to do that?

And are you suggesting that the Celtic player didn't score with his arm for the second?

If that had been the case VAR would have ruled it out, it overturned the other decisions so absolutely zero reason to suggest it wouldn’t overturn that one other than the one you wish to tell yourself.

So aye not a lot to see here other than your defender not being strong enough

47 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Either, as Mr Postegoclu says on an almost weekly basis, VAR in Scotland is operated in such a way as to be institutionally, deliberately and regularly biased against Celtic, which is disgraceful and tawdry at best, racist at worst. Or, Mr Postegoclu makes these claims in order to put pressure on officials to try and ensure that any 50-50 calls alway go Celtic's way which is also disgraceful and tawdry. Either way it stinks. 

Hi Kennie, surprised to see you here 

Tom Hanks Hello GIF

Edited by Jinky67

Jota diving is the real issue, unfortunately as it’s not in the box the weak referee can be conned without any repercussions. I note the hard done by Postecoglou isn’t quick in highlighting that, I’m sure he would be if a Jota dive leads to a penalty award being overturned through VAR. 

2 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

Ah the meme or Gif, or whatever it's called.  Friend of those who struggle with cogent arguments using the written word.

It would help if you were capable of a cogent argument preferably written in some sort of coherent syntax.

I’d be less inclined to mock you with said gifs if you were however much can be said with such a simple gif. They can be wonderfully effective 

Edited by Jinky67

4 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

If that had been the case VAR would have ruled it out, it overturned the other decisions so absolutely zero reason to suggest it wouldn’t overturn that one other than the one you wish to tell yourself.

So aye not a lot to see here other than your defender not being strong enough

Watch it again.  One of the arms the Celtic player uses to push O'Hara also happens to stick the ball into the net.

VAR - rightly - awarded Saints a penalty after ref gave Celtic benefit of the doubt.

VAR - rightly - awarded Celtic a freekick rather than a penalty after ref gave Celtic benefit of the doubt.

VAR - rightly - awarded Celtic a penalty after ref gave St Mirren benefit of the doubt.

VAR - wrongly - let Celtic's second goal stand when it should have been chopped off for a foul and/or knocking the ball in to the net with his arm.

Only wrong decision benefitted Celtic.

Edited by Bobby_F

4 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Watch it again.  One of the arms the Celtic player uses to push O'Hara also happens to stick the ball into the net.

VAR - rightly - awarded Saints a penalty after ref gave Celtic benefit of the doubt.

VAR - rightly - awarded Celtic a freekick rather than a penalty after ref gave Celtic benefit of the doubt.

VAR - rightly - awarded Celtic a penalty after ref gave St Mirren benefit of the doubt.

VAR - wrongly - let Celtic's second goal stand when it should have been chopped off for a foul and/or knocking the ball in to the net with his arm.

Jinky will be diving into his gif folder right now...

For what it’s worth I think Johnston’s goal could easily have been disallowed and probably should have been. Having said that I also think the foul on Kyogo could easily have been given as a pen.

34 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Again I can’t see it hit his arm but I can see Kyogos foot on the 18 yard line with Dunne still making contact with him 🤷‍♂️

B994EA96-DEE9-48D9-B749-D53267DCC554.png

Edited by Jinky67

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Again I can’t see it hit his arm but I can see Kyogos foot on the 18 yard line with Dunne still making contact with him 🤷‍♂️

B994EA96-DEE9-48D9-B749-D53267DCC554.png

Are you being serious here? The position of Kyogo's foot is not relevant. What is relevant is the contact by Dunne, which is quite clearly outside the box. This is fairly basic rules of the game