5 minutes ago, Portmahomack Saint said:

I've just seen the Celtic penalty my god what have we done...  VAR  🙈  

The game is F 

1 hour ago, Portmahomack Saint said:

I've no idea what the rule is 

Becoming more and more evident with every post you make mate

2 minutes ago, Portmahomack Saint said:

Even Rangers would be embarrassed with that one 🤣

Pulls his jersey clearly in the box and holds him up. That is by the very definition of the law a direct free kick.

The laws are free to read, go have a look 👀 

5 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

Why was a Saints player red carded for a hand ball against Celtic a few weeks ago?

I thought they said it was because the ball was goal bound?

The red card in that case was the punishment after a handball has been determined to be deliberate, if a handball is not deliberate then it's not a foul, even if the ball is going in.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The red card in that case was the punishment after a handball has been determined to be deliberate, if a handball is not deliberate then it's not a foul, even if the ball is going in.

If it’s deliberate or not isn’t taken into consideration the only consideration is has it stopped an obvious goal scoring opportunity which he did.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Yes it was deliberate his arm was behind him when the ball was smacked at him from 2 yards 🤣

Jinky will be along shortly with the Celtic conspiracy rule book on that one as well 🤣

Just now, Jinky67 said:

If it’s deliberate or not isn’t taken into consideration the only consideration is has it stopped an obvious goal scoring opportunity which he did.

That is simply not true. An accidental handball in that area is never a foul, it has to be deliberate to be a foul. The specific law is "denying a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity by a handball offence". It is only an offence if it is deliberate - see below.

"Not every touch of a player’s hand/arm with the ball is an offence.

It is an offence if a player:

• deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, for example moving the hand/arm towards the ball

• touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger. A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised"

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

That is simply not true. An accidental handball in that area is never a foul, it has to be deliberate to be a foul. The specific law is "denying a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity by a handball offence". It is only an offence if it is deliberate - see below.

"Not every touch of a player’s hand/arm with the ball is an offence.

It is an offence if a player:

• deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, for example moving the hand/arm towards the ball

• touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger. A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised"

Taken straight from IFAB

5E2A644C-2517-4C90-AC3E-1A4993847665.png

Can’t believe that there is any debate about Dunne’s brain fart resulting in a sending off. 

After the recent cup game at Darkheid it was imperative that we kept 11 players on the park all game. 

That cost us any hope in the game. 

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

There's zero chance Taylor's handball in the cup game was intentional. Zero.

Yet, penalty kick and red card.

I assumed those things happened because it stopped a goal (although bizarrely there was another defender behind him).

37 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Can’t believe that there is any debate about Dunne’s brain fart resulting in a sending off. 

After the recent cup game at Darkheid it was imperative that we kept 11 players on the park all game. 

That cost us any hope in the game. 

There isn't, is there?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/64857297

“VAR doesn’t miss, especially with us”

God, it must be so hard being Celtic 

Its a total miracle they’ve won a million trophies in the last decade despite the relentless adversity 

Glad I don’t support a team who encounter such horror 

They are in my thoughts 

3 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Its a total miracle they’ve won a million trophies in the last decade despite the relentless adversity 

They are in my thoughts 

Eh what about your 2nd goal Ange when your player jumped on the Saints players back and put the ball in the net with his arm''''   

10 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

They are in my thoughts 

Perhaps a Scottish football 'journalist' , if there is such a thing, could ask the Blessed Ange Postegoclu if he is of the opinion that there is an orchestrated conspiracy to do down Glasgow Celtic via the biased application of VAR and , if so, could he provide evidence for his claim . Then we either root out those who are making it almost impossible for Celtic to win anything fair and  square or we tell Big Ange to shut the f**k up, politely of course. There really is no middle way. Sadly what passes for Scottish 'football journalism' is so firmly wedged in his antipodean anus that no one will dare ask Mr Postegoclu to put up or shut up.

21 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Perhaps a Scottish football 'journalist' , if there is such a thing, could ask the Blessed Ange Postegoclu if he is of the opinion that there is an orchestrated conspiracy to do down Glasgow Celtic via the biased application of VAR and , if so, could he provide evidence for his claim . Then we either root out those who are making it almost impossible for Celtic to win anything fair and  square or we tell Big Ange to shut the f**k up, politely of course. There really is no middle way. Sadly what passes for Scottish 'football journalism' is so firmly wedged in his antipodean anus that no one will dare ask Mr Postegoclu to put up or shut up.

He’s Greek.