St Mirren ⚫️⚪️ v Celtic 🟢⚪️ 05/03/23 1200 hours

3 minutes ago, AW saint said:

We beat ourselves today. Red card was a game changer. Poor decision making in the second half. 

We need luck to win these games and it went right out the window with Dunne. 

The second Celtic goal was a foul on O'Hara but that is clutching at straws. 

Team needs to forget about today and move on to the next game.

I thought it would've been soft to give a foul against Johnstone, O'Hara needs to be stronger. That said, it was never a foul on Jota that lead to it.

Overall though, I thought the ref had a decent game. Dunne got himself sent off and the Gogic penalty is another daft one. He cleanly wins the ball, there's no need to hold on to Oh's shirt.

We'd have put up a better fight with 10 men, but Celtic are a good side and would've likely made a break through at some point even with 11 on the park.

3 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

Or putting it on the telly?

Because Sky only care about viewing figures, understandably, and Celtic/Rangers will always attract the biggest viewership figures.

If we could get a broadcaster who also had an interest in helping the "product" grow then theyd probably have had either Utd/Aberdeen or County/Well on instead because of the narratives with both. But i dont see any broadcaster ever caring enough.

Just now, bennett said:

You're usually pretty balanced,  do you think that VAR is out to get celtic?

Out to get Celtic? No but there is clear inconsistency with what constitutes handball. I’m pretty sure fans of other teams also experience this where it doesn’t make sense from 1 week to the other.

I have no issue with the Taylor handball but I have seen games this season where those have been to VAR and not given such as against Hearts and Rangers due to how close they have been to the person playing the ball. I just can’t tell what is and what isn’t anymore 🤷‍♂️

12 minutes ago, bennett said:

Brave wee celtic once again overcoming the odds to beat the biased VAR teams.

Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou: "VAR doesn't miss anything by the looks of it, especially with us. We had to keep our composure

If VAR was out to get Celtic, their second goal would have been ruled out. 

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Out to get Celtic? No but there is clear inconsistency with what constitutes handball. I’m pretty sure fans of other teams also experience this where it doesn’t make sense from 1 week to the other.

I have no issue with the Taylor handball but I have seen games this season where those have been to VAR and not given such as against Hearts and Rangers due to how close they have been to the person playing the ball. I just can’t tell what is and what isn’t anymore 🤷‍♂️

It almost feels like the refs are unsure also. 

18 minutes ago, bennett said:

Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou: "VAR doesn't miss anything by the looks of it, especially with us. We had to keep our composure

Nicked from Twitter:

Fqdhqy5XwAAkd38.jpg

33 minutes ago, bennett said:

These last 2 games will now be known as the * Asterisk games as Celtic huffed and puffed to get the better of us until we were down to 10 men in both games despite all their million pound players on show 

Over 2 games with 11 men each on the park after 136 minutes on the clock the score  1-1 

Your biased VAR helped you's to score 8 goals in 44 minutes  😂

1 hour ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Vintage St. Mirren.

Vintage StMirren, the only team to give Celtic a game this season it seems.

Definitely the only team to beat them. 

A moment of madness cost us. Goal difference has taken a doing as well. Meh. We'll badly miss Dunne for Tannadice, assuming he only misses the 1 match?

22 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Vintage StMirren, the only team to give Celtic a game this season it seems.

Definitely the only team to beat them. 

A moment of madness cost us. Goal difference has taken a doing as well. Meh. We'll badly miss Dunne for Tannadice, assuming he only misses the 1 match?

Might be more as he's had a suspension already.

50 minutes ago, Portmahomack Saint said:

These last 2 games will now be known as the * Asterisk games as Celtic huffed and puffed to get the better of us until we were down to 10 men in both games despite all their million pound players on show 

Over 2 games with 11 men each on the park after 136 minutes on the clock the score  1-1 

Your biased VAR helped you's to score 8 goals in 44 minutes  😂

I’m pretty sure there will be no asterisks handed out on the back of these games mate.

Thanks for the GD boost however, much appreciated 

8 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Were you not all wanting him binned and in fact howling with laughter at rumours he was off to Aberdeen?

Now he's- wait for it - "Chilli D!"

Sarah Silverman Eww GIF by HULU

He was also known as ‘Chilli D’, to those familiar with him, at the time of the rumours. 
Terrible point, terribly made. 

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

I’m pretty sure there will be no asterisks handed out on the back of these games mate.

Thanks for the GD boost however, much appreciated 

Don't thank me Jinky, thank VAR it's why you and yer pals across town wanted it, 

Can't believe the other clubs fell for it, Got to be up there with the home team keeps their own gate money deal how stupid are we 😂