St Mirren ⚫️⚪️ v Celtic 🟢⚪️ 05/03/23 1200 hours

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Celtic equalise and youve got a Celtic fan more interested in trying to argue with folk on here than celebrate.

What a miserable existence where the entire point of supporting a side is so you can try and argue with people. 

Youre talking about a club and fanbase that have invented a conspiracy to make it seem like they are freedom fighters fighting against a system.

Despite the system very much swaying in their and their ugly sister's favour.

Edited by Jacky1990

39 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Seeing the penalty again, he's hit it 3 times with his arm, and won possession with it.

You can argue whether or not it's deliberate, but surely that is exactly the sort of thing that should be a penalty every time?

30 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Sorry. He was waffling so much it is hard to keep up with how much he got wrong.

Aye the handball was pretty clear and not even close to the most contentious ones this season. Arm up, away from the body and blocked a pass. Absolute stick on.

Where the ball is going isn't relevant in the laws of the game - it is purely whether or not the handball is deliberate.

I’m lost with the laws of the game these days, penalty for Celtic I get, no punishment for Gogic for the shirt pull though. Is that not classed as denying a goal scoring opportunity? Or can you not give a pen for DGO and also send someone off? Though that can’t be the case if Dunne was red carded and penalty originally given in first half 

Edited by starryfish

I had no complaints with the penalty for the handball. It’s the complete lack of consistency that’s the problem.

Didn’t matter the end. Stupid from Dunne as St Mirren were excellent first half.

This is brutal.

Could get worse yet. Would at least have been a competition with 11 v 11.

The Celtic fans screaming and frothing over every minor incident around the box when 5-1 up against 10 men is embarrassing.

1 minute ago, starryfish said:

I’m lost with the laws of the game these days, penalty for Celtic I get, no punishment for Gogic for the shirt pull though. Is that not classed as denying a goal scoring opportunity? Or can you not give a pen for DGO and also send someone off? Though that can’t be the case if Dunne was red carded and penalty originally given in first half 

It’s not a red card if there was a genuine attempt for the ball (in the box). That’s why it was a red card regardless in the first half (although a different challenge could have led to the bizarre situation of it being a penalty and a booking, changed to a free kick and a red). 

I suppose with the shirt pull, it wasn’t deemed an obvious goal-scoring opportunity. 

2 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Not a chance that's a goal scoring opportunity.