St Mirren ⚫️⚪️ v Celtic 🟢⚪️ 05/03/23 1200 hours

I know it shouldnt annoy me, but st Mirren wearing their away top at home really gets me.

Surely to f**k Celtic can just wear one of their other tops? If all their strips still creates a clash with another teams home top, they should be made to make another or pay a hefty fine for making St Mirren look like idiots at home.

4 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

I know it shouldnt annoy me, but st Mirren wearing their away top at home really gets me.

Surely to f**k Celtic can just wear one of their other tops? If all their strips still creates a clash with another teams home top, they should be made to make another or pay a hefty fine for making St Mirren look like idiots at home.

It was the refs decision. 

Just now, Jacky1990 said:

Based on the fact Celtic dont have an away top that doesnt clash with the home colours of their opponent.

It is Celtic's fault.

That’s prob why both should wear their home strips

Surprised the referee didn't give that penalty straight away given he was looking right at it, but letting play go on that long afterwards when the VAR check was clearly going to happen seems a bit mental to me...

Just now, Jamie_Beatson said:

Surprised the referee didn't give that penalty straight away given he was looking right at it, but letting play go on that long afterwards when the VAR check was clearly going to happen seems a bit mental to me...

It was until the ball next went out of play. Not sure what else he could have done tbh

Just now, Jacky1990 said:

It was until the ball next went out of play. Not sure what else he could have done tbh

I assume that is the correct procedure - and it is probably unusual for the ball to stay in play that long - but you're just inviting controversy if you end up with, say, Celtic scoring up the other end and having to rule it out to award a penalty to St Mirren. Surely the VAR could say a check is required and the play be stopped when it's in a neutral position in the middle of the park or something rather than just hoping for the best.

Dont understand the obsession with playing Maeda every game.

He's fucking guff technically so always seems a weak link when teams sit deep without space for him to run into.

Hes fine against Rangers or in Europe but Celtic have at least two better players sitting on their arse on the bench. Plus Jota is getting played out of position to fit him in. 

I dont see it.

9 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

It was the refs decision. 

The home side can refuse to change.

Forfar turned up at Cappielow with an away kit that clashed. Morton refused to change, so the referee had Forfar wear our yellow away tops.

St. Mirren had to wear Morton tops when they forgot theirs for a game against Clydebank at Cappielow.

I'm sure St. Mirren would have had a kit that they could have loaned to Celtic.

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Just reminds me of that season when celtics away top was just green. Stupid c***s. 

2018-19

Celtic had both the away AND third kit as just green. They had to revert to the previous year's kit at Easter Road.

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Just reminds me of that season when celtics away top was just green. Stupid c***s. 

There was one season recently where both their away and third kits were green. Meaning every kit they clashed with Hibs. Now this season all 3 kits clash with St Mirren. Fully in favour of them being made to wear the opposition’s away kit for being so stupid/arrogant.

18 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

It might be the choice of the kit sponsors. They might be paying to have the away kit played on X number of home games or televised games, and this happens to be the lucky day.