St Mirren ⚫️⚪️ v Celtic 🟢⚪️ 05/03/23 1200 hours

2 hours ago, Div said:

Not massively sure I'd be risking anyone who isn't 100% on Sunday, both because Celtic are absolutely the sort of team who will take advantage of any weakness, but also because we have much bigger battles ahead than this one.

Very much a free hit on Sunday. I want us to win of course, and there is no reason we can't give them another good game in Paisley, but our top six destiny probably lies in the three games against Utd, Livingston and Kilmarnock with a wee sniff of maybe getting something at Tynecastle.

Only having two games in April could be a massive blessing for us given the current injury situation. I definitely wouldn't be risking Greive this weekend since Watt won't be available for Tannadice.

True about it being a free hit but remember in the season after COVID when we missed out on the top 6 by a goal, that came after recent hammerings against Celtic in Paisley and Rangers at Ibrox. Every goal conceded could become vital, even in defeat. Top 6 is decided after 33 games obviously not just 1 or 2 moments we can look back at. Nicky Clarks overhead kick being a prime candidate 🤢.

That being said we will hopefully make Celtic work hard for the 3 points if they are going to win. Sadly we won't be playing against Ralston and Welsh this time, and we are without Ayunga who was incredible in the 2 home games against the OF.

Celtic were sluggish against us at Parkhead in the cup yet still put 5 past us. 

3 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

True about it being a free hit but remember in the season after COVID when we missed out on the top 6 by a goal, that came after recent hammerings against Celtic in Paisley and Rangers at Ibrox. Every goal conceded could become vital, even in defeat. Top 6 is decided after 33 games obviously not just 1 or 2 moments we can look back at. Nicky Clarks overhead kick being a prime candidate 🤢.

That being said we will hopefully make Celtic work hard for the 3 points if they are going to win. Sadly we won't be playing against Ralston and Welsh this time, and we are without Ayunga who was incredible in the 2 home games against the OF.

Celtic were sluggish against us at Parkhead in the cup yet still put 5 past us. 

Yip, I do fully expect the top six race to come down to the final round of games. It's going to be extremely tight with every goal and every point vital.

Suppose we rescued one last weekend but it sure didn't feel like that at the time.

39 minutes ago, Munoz said:

It seems that Celtic are going to be playing in their lucky grey 3rd strip tomorrow. 

Have they played in it since the defeat in Paisley earlier in season? 

Can't remember them playing in it since. There was definitely a bit of a kit clash last time (watching it on TV anyway)

Amid the fallout of losing last year to St Mirren, there was also a mini-stir caused by Celtic wearing their third kit, a silvery grey number. Television viewers did not like it, feeling that it clashed too much with the hosts’ black and white stripes. Postecoglou is also not a fan of the attire, but it will be the same outfit for this match, at the request of match referee David Dickinson.

“I think we are going to play in grey again,” confirmed Postecoglou. “I don’t like it either but it is what it is, mate. I think what people said on the day and what I thought on the day was it is harder to distinguish between players then it would be if there was a clearer distinction between the strips. But it is the referee’s decision and we abide by the referee’s decision.”

When asked if the shirts interfere with the players’ peripheral vision, Postecoglou laughed. “C’mon mate, c’mon,” he said. “There will be numbers on their shorts and socks and I am sure they can tell who is wearing a similar one.” It will help the contrast if St Mirren wear their black away kit, as has been suggested.

On 03/03/2023 at 19:43, Div said:

Yip, I do fully expect the top six race to come down to the final round of games. It's going to be extremely tight with every goal and every point vital.

Suppose we rescued one last weekend but it sure didn't feel like that at the time.

Results went for us until Aberdeen won at Tannadice. Will be interesting to see what our Ben h will look like today. Hopefully have some bodies back.

10 hours ago, Munoz said:

It seems that Celtic are going to be playing in their lucky grey 3rd strip tomorrow. 

Have they played in it since the defeat in Paisley earlier in season? 

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

Amid the fallout of losing last year to St Mirren, there was also a mini-stir caused by Celtic wearing their third kit, a silvery grey number. Television viewers did not like it, feeling that it clashed too much with the hosts’ black and white stripes. Postecoglou is also not a fan of the attire, but it will be the same outfit for this match, at the request of match referee David Dickinson.

“I think we are going to play in grey again,” confirmed Postecoglou. “I don’t like it either but it is what it is, mate. I think what people said on the day and what I thought on the day was it is harder to distinguish between players then it would be if there was a clearer distinction between the strips. But it is the referee’s decision and we abide by the referee’s decision.”

When asked if the shirts interfere with the players’ peripheral vision, Postecoglou laughed. “C’mon mate, c’mon,” he said. “There will be numbers on their shorts and socks and I am sure they can tell who is wearing a similar one.” It will help the contrast if St Mirren wear their black away kit, as has been suggested.

I hope we have refused to wear our away kit. 

Just now, sergie's no1 fan said:

Results went for us until Aberdeen won at Tannadice. Will be interesting to see what our Ben h will look like today. Hopefully have some bodies back.

I hope we have refused to wear our away kit. 

I’ve no idea why we can’t we’re our home kit, never mattered before, we’ve wore the hoops plenty of times in paisley. 

5 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

I’ve no idea why we can’t we’re our home kit, never mattered before, we’ve wore the hoops plenty of times in paisley. 

Stripes v Hoops works better than the stripes v grey.

It wasn't too bad at the game but on TV it will cause issues 100%

Glad Watt’s dropped, he’s been hopeless, at least Grieve will run around a bit and look arsed. Big ask for Small and Dunne to stop Celtic on the left hand side, i expect them to target and probably get joy down that flank. 
We will probably get humped by them for the third time in a couple of months. But you never know, stranger things have happened, like they did the only other two times Ange has visited Paisley.

Meh, not feeling this one today. You can get nearly evens on Celtic to win both halves, which seems generous. 

I'm going 3-1 Saints, but that's just the number of stands offered to the respective supporters.

Routine 3-0 to Celtic in terms of actual goals.