Dunfermline Athletic vs Alloa Athletic

KRH must be full to bursting after aw the Alloa full back on toast he had........am I rite?! 

KRH easily man of the match...but Eto'o was given it? Is that right? Wild if true. 

Don't begrudge the young lad a poor performance, especially as it cost us nothing, I sense he's used to having bags of time with Celtic. Hoping Edwards being out was a precaution ahead of a suspension. 

Like the look of McGowan when he came on, doesn't look like he loses the ball often. 

Edited by Stoo61

1 minute ago, The Toun Clock said:

Wasn't there today. What actually happened to Comrie? 

I didn't see it. It was off the ball. The guy behind me seems to think his studs caught in the turf. Didn't look good at all.

2 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Wasn't there today. What actually happened to Comrie? 

Went flying into a 50/50 and I think he booted the boys studs and very quickly realised it wasn't good at all. 

If he was less nails then he wouldn't have gone so hard into it. But he is nails. 

14 hours ago, Kevchenko said:

After a brutal first 10 minutes I thought we looked decent enough up until the goal, yet another one conceded from a set piece this season. 

Would say it’s the first time in the 4 games this season that I’ve thought Dunfermline looked a bit shaky at the back and the boy Otoo looked a bit of a liability defensively no matter where McPake tried to hide him, but we are so toothless up top just now that we never looked like taking advantage of him. 

2nd half performance was pretty rotten until the last 5 minutes. Obviously loosing Scougs at the break was a big loss but we could hardly string more than a couple of passes together at times. 2nd goal is a really well worked goal and Ritchie-Hosler looks an exciting watch - he ran Church ragged in the 2nd half. 

Sammon was an empty jersey again today, how Rice didn’t see fit to haul him off and give one of the youngsters a run is beyond me. Great having wee Kev back but wasting his talents initially at right wing back, before letting him actually go and have an impact on the game further forward when we changed shape. 

A must win next week in Edinburgh. 

When I saw Cawley and LD coming on I assumed Sammon and Coulson were going off. Very disappointed Kev got put at RWB, both because it is, as you say, a waste of his talents, but also because Doyle was solid defensively.

I agree Sammon was poor. Has been generally for a while now. Really thought he wouldn't start today after the team played so well without him in last week's second half. Thought LD would start too.

We played well first half after a very shaky start and the goal was a really sore one to lose, coming just before the break. Pretty soft too. Second half we huffed and puffed a bit, but didn't cause Dunfermline any problems. Of course it had to be O'Hara who got the second goal.

Dunfermline are a good side. Tuesday's match should be very interesting, which is why I've got myself a ticket!

ETA Rice explains why LD didn't start, so need to give him that one.

Edited by printer

9 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

KRH must be full to bursting after aw the Alloa full back on toast he had........am I rite?! 

KRM easily man of the match...but Eto'o was given it? Is that right? Wild if true. 

Don't begrudge the young lad a poor performance, especially as it cost us nothing, I sense he's used to having bags of time with Celtic. Hoping Edwards being out was a precaution ahead of a suspension. 

Like the look of McGowan when he came on, doesn't look like he loses the ball often. 

We've signed Samuel Eto'o?! Even at 41 he could rip up League 1.

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

I hope it’s a a precaution too but it will have nothing to do with suspensions giving he’s 6 cards away from getting one

Oh. Having a mare today. Heard someone sitting by me thats what it was and sighed the sigh of sweet relief. 

10 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Mark Yardley was scoring goals at 17st in his 30s.

Samuel Eto'o will do just fine.

.....fine. Sign him up. 

(First time Mark Yardley and Samuel Eto'o have ever been mentioned together)

If you’re actually capable of watching a game of football and assessing it then Etoo was fine defensively overall. He struggled a bit when he went to the right hand side of a back three but that’s understandable as he is left footed. Apart from that he defended very well, he was solid and should slot in fine if he is played on the side he is comfortable with. He won’t play ahead of Edwards but should slot into the centre back slot fine if needed.

33 minutes ago, Islay said:

If you’re actually capable of watching a game of football and assessing it then Etoo was fine defensively overall. He struggled a bit when he went to the right hand side of a back three but that’s understandable as he is left footed. Apart from that he defended very well, he was solid and should slot in fine if he is played on the side he is comfortable with. He won’t play ahead of Edwards but should slot into the centre back slot fine if needed.

Islay is Otoo's da.

(While also not knowing his own boys surname)

38 minutes ago, par-adise said:

Harsh from rice hanging the CBs out to dry when it was a pretty comprehensive win for us. Really should have had more than 2. 

I don't think he hung them out to dry, just explaining where the game was won and lost and he's certainly right re the first goal. That should have been headed clear - if not by the centre backs then by big Conor.