Dunfermline Athletic vs Alloa Athletic

Can't think of a game this season we've blown a team away. Sitting thinking "oaft we are flying here" a la Faissal/Cardle League One season. 

Certainly some good football in spells, some nice goals too but got many a slip up in us. 

I've missed a few games right enough. 

3 hours ago, Kevchenko said:

There's a match preview in this weeks podcast if you fancy a listen before Saturday. Preview starts around 25 minutes in.

https://waspsnest.buzzsprout.com

Apologies @Stellaboz, I ran out of time for getting you on this time, will get you on before the last game of the season!

Absolutely no worries, haven't had time to record our own one past couple weeks. 

1 hour ago, Stoo61 said:

Can't think of a game this season we've blown a team away. Sitting thinking "oaft we are flying here" a la Faissal/Cardle League One season. 

Certainly some good football in spells, some nice goals too but got many a slip up in us. 

We’ve got a better points total at this stage and it’s a tougher league this time too.

2 hours ago, Stoo61 said:

There were some truly terrible teams in that league......Cowdenbeath being one of the worst. 

We lost five times 2015/16 against some pretty weak teams in there. I think we could afford to be more gung ho in that division. Ayr were not near the Falkirk team we're competing with now. The Airdrie team now is much better this time. No Kelty Hearts team spending money, No other full time side in the league like QOS

Pos Team P W D L F A GD Pts PPG
1 Dunfermline 36 24 7 5 83 30 +53 79 2.19
2 Ayr 36 19 4 13 65 47 +18 61 1.69
3 Peterhead 36 16 11 9 72 47 +25 59 1.63
4 Stranraer 36 15 6 15 43 49 -6 51 1.41
5 Airdrieonians 36 14 7 15 48 50 -2 49 1.36
6 Albion 36 13 10 13 40 44 -4 49 1.36
7 Brechin 36 12 6 18 47 59 -12 42 1.16
8 Stenhousemuir 36 11 7 18 46 80 -34 40 1.11
9 Cowdenbeath 36 11 6 19 46 72 -26 39 1.08
10 Forfar 36 8 10 18 48 60 -12 34

It was a dreadful league. Albion Rovers almost got a promotion play-off place ffs: a team we drew with twice that season. There was some proper pish-poor results, even though we blew a lot of teams away. This season, the standard is far superior. Falkirk and ourselves have obviously Championship-standard squads, and there are only two truly dreadful teams. There were much more than that in 15/16. 

The tide is only going to turn now if we drop points this weekend and Falkirk beat us. If we can keep it at 5 points minimum, by the game against Peterhead, I'd be 99% sure of winning the league. We go on a run of 4 games after that where we should be getting maximum points. Montrose away s a difficult one, and they are the only team to beat us, but plenty others have went up there and got a result, and their form has somewhat took a nosedive since the last game up there. 

42 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

All Falkirk fans ( apart from one eejit ):love Alloa and Ricey. Get into  them bros. Well unless we are playing them then .......

I think a lot of Pars fans like Alloa (nearby, plenty of fans of Dunfermline who live there and who'd have the Wasps as a second team) and Rice (who also played for us, although he's more associated with Falkirk, and Hamilton I guess, than us) too, tbf. Rice was also helping out Hughes when he was here and when he left things got even worse. That said, I hope we batter them tomorrow. 

I like to Hear  into the Valley when I attend , we have had some decent results over the years  at EEP

apart from that no love lost here either .

As for Fawkirk fans liking us 

I hope they love us to bits tommorrow night

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
2 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

I like to Hear  into the Valley when I attend , we have had some decent results over the years  at EEP

apart from that no love lost here either .

As for Fawkirk fans liking us 

I hope they love us to bits tommorrow night

To love someone or something, you have to love yourself first.