The Bairns Vs Peterheid

6 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Hold the bus,we actually got a penalty.

As way of comparison, Tavernier scored his 51st penalty for Sevco today.

21 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

McGuffie hatrick. When did you ever think those two words would be placed together? 

A five aside pitch on a Tuesday night?

What was the point in that Peterhead performance? No tactic to do anything other than put men behind the ball, there was no out ball or even playing for set pieces. Wouldn’t it be better to go down fighting and having a go at some point?

Turned to my mate and said 'this has been a boring game' seconds before the goalie made an arse of it for McGuffie to score his peach from the half way line 😂

Peterheads tactic of sitting 11 men behind the ball made it a hard watch in the first half. Love how McGlynn just went f**k it and chucked every striker we have. 

pars are shiting it x 

2 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Fair play to the wee group of Peterhead fans who travelled down to watch their pathetic excuse for a team get their arses handed to them.

Applause for them . Must be hard watching their team every week. Shows what being a fan is.

They just turned into absolute cloggers. Leaving the boot in and swinging at folk were by them. Rowe in particular was a horrible attempt at a tackle went in on him. 

It's testament to what we are doing to teams though. Out fitness and ball possession is leaving the opposition fucked and totally unable to keepnup with us for 90. 

Peterhead quite possibly the worst team I have ever seen, ever. Still, they could at least have tried to play something resembling football. Brutal bordering on embarrassing tactics. 

Still, you can only beat what's in front of you. Take a bow McGuffie, two absolute peaches including what will surely be goal of the season. Played some nice stuff, Kucheriavyi was different gravy once again when he came on, what a baller. And finally got a penalty. Shame the Pars won as well but we are motoring along very nicely indeed. On to Tuesday 

I thought we were as flat as a witch's tit in the first half, no atmosphere in the ground either. 2nd half wasn't much different until the 52nd minute when the applause for Gary woke everyone up, team included. Once the first went in it was a foregone conclusion. Really nice to know that a man who was a lifelong Falkirk fan could make such a difference! 

There were no failures but no particular stand-outs either (apart, of course from McGuffie) although I though that Sean Mackie completely strolled it. Hope Henderson's ok as we'll need him on Tuesday.

25 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Fair play to the wee group of Peterhead fans who travelled down to watch their pathetic excuse for a team get their arses handed to them.

One could debate we were worse last season. In every league there will be a team(s) with the Peterhead tactics and it's up to the opposition to break it and we tried by throwing everything at them.

A horrible first half watch but I knew as soon as we got the first we would at least get one more.

A good boost for Tuesday night and McGuffie's goals were superb, I've always thought of Mcguffie as a decent squad player but he won't be in the starting 11 on Tuesday or most weeks even after a hat-trick.

Bring on the Fifers 

The dives in the first half from their players should be set to dramatic music like the sequence from Saving Private Ryan, it would be a thing of beauty 😂

it was attack v defence for 90 mins, always felt like once the 1st went in, they would need to come out and quit the timewasting and the diving, probably the most one sided and comfortable performance I’ve seen from us in quite some time. Fair play to the Peterhead fans who drove for hours to watch that.

Kind of thought the 1st half we never really got out of 2nd gear and was as everyone said a case of breaking them down and when the first goal came the collapse was inevitable.

I think that ref will be on the SFA sh*t list for awarding us a penalty, the shock when he pointed to the spot .

Have to agree with everybody that the first half was a hard watch. Was just a matter of time before we wore them down and once we scored they were never coming back. 

Unfortunately I left at 3-0 to get my son home to get ready in time for a birthday party and missed the last two goals ☺️☺️

Fair play to the Peterhead fans travelling that time and distance to see their team get scudded 👏 

Well done to the travelling Peterhead fans. That was one of, maybe the worst performances I have seen from an opposition team. Its OK trying to defend for 90 mins but you'd at least expect them to have a go after going a goal or 2 down, but nothing. Seems like the writing is on the wall. Feel sorry for the fans. 

3 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

We have learned to accept that this season, unfortunately a number of our players have as well 😉