Lee Bullen's Battalion ⬜️⬛️ -vs- 🟥🟦 Dodds' Dudds

8 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

This could go 2 ways for us both influenced by the grim news a couple of days ago (though our chairman thinks otherwise!).

Either we play excellently and win and say that we used the news to fire themselves up to try and give us something to cheer after the doom and gloom from us when the news broke. 

Or

We play absolutely s***e and lose then the players and management come out and say that the bad press and bad feeling from the supporters affected them. The other thing is, if we lose then calls for change in the dugout will grow louder and these fans won't give a damn about finances etc, they'll just want a change in fortunes that a new manager will bring.   I may be one of these said fans that calls for change or I may realise that we'll have to wait until the summer so you'll have to wait until Saturday to find out which it'll be 😛

It will go one of three ways.

Any comment on the undernoted....

"Some **** on pie and bovril has said that JAMES MCARTHUR is being lined up in a player/manager role for next season so that shows the type of morons that post on that forum!

Some on here seem to have a dislike for me but I'm not as moronic as anyone on that forum, no wonder I prefer this forum to there!"

4 hours ago, sophia said:

It will go one of three ways.

Any comment on the undernoted....

"Some **** on pie and bovril has said that JAMES MCARTHUR is being lined up in a player/manager role for next season so that shows the type of morons that post on that forum!

Some on here seem to have a dislike for me but I'm not as moronic as anyone on that forum, no wonder I prefer this forum to there!"

Here is another exclusive for Shaun et al. McArthur's going to be offered a year's extension at Palace, which has not yet been announced. Initial discussions with various Scottish clubs, including us, about a management or senior coaching role have been cordially ended for now.

19 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Here is another exclusive for Shaun et al. McArthur's going to be offered a year's extension at Palace, which has not yet been announced. Initial discussions with various Scottish clubs, including us, about a management or senior coaching role have been cordially ended for now.

Wait, what? You’re meaning to tell me being the only club in the UK located within a Freeport wasn’t enough to get him signed and he would rather earn in excess of £30k a week for Palace instead?

Games gone.

23 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Meh could see it far enough. It will be a shit game 0-0 or 1-0. Dont think there has been a good game at Somerset since the 5-0 v QP (ET v Elgin aside)

The 4-2 v Partick was a cracking game too - that was 25th October. 

Depressingly, it looks like we have only scored from open play in one home league match since then- Mullin twice on 3rd December v Raith.   The rest have been blanks, set pieces or penalties.   Obv a goal is a goal regardless but certainly backs up the complaint that its pretty fucking boring to watch.  (The Raith one OF COURSE being the only one I wasn't at which is all the more annoying)

Edit as per @No_Problemo pointing out id forgot to add that it was home games i was moaning about 🤣

Edited by Hursty

2 minutes ago, Hursty said:

The 4-2 v Partick was a cracking game too - that was 25th October. 

Depressingly, it looks like we have only scored from open play in one league match since then- Mullin twice on 3rd December v Raith.   The rest have been blanks, set pieces or penalties.   Obv a goal is a goal regardless but certainly backs up the complaint that its pretty fucking boring to watch.  

Unless I am hugely misinterpreting the point - JML the following week against Arbroath, Dipo against Hamilton, Inverness, Partick Hamilton and Cove all had one or more open play goals. 

Albinson

McAllister Kirk McGinty Reading

Mullin Dempsey McAlear O'Connor

Akinyemi Maguire

Subs: McAdams, Houston, Musonda, Hewitt, McKenzie, Murdoch*, Ashford, *JML, Bryden

Really need a big performance this weekend, it's win or bust for the league.

*Smith and Bilham if any of the 2 don't make the bench.

Edited by callum-ayr

14 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Unless I am hugely misinterpreting the point - JML the following week against Arbroath, Dipo against Hamilton, Inverness, Partick Hamilton and Cove all had one or more open play goals. 

My mistake - should read HOME games.   

1 hour ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Should talks resume will Stefan Maierhofer be joining him as his first signing?

Edited by Highland Capital

2 hours ago, Hursty said:

My mistake - should read HOME games.   

They crumble under the pressure of our enormous home support.  

It's not like they can blame teams sitting in and being unable to unlock a packed defence.  

26 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

It's the pitch' fault.

To be fair the pitch has been really poor , seemingly a lot of work been done in it last couple of weeks so hoping we play the ball on it tomorrow rather than looking for the ball dropping out the sky 

3 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

To be fair the pitch has been really poor , seemingly a lot of work been done in it last couple of weeks so hoping we play the ball on it tomorrow rather than looking for the ball dropping out the sky 

Thing is we’ve been playing hoofball for a while now both at home and away on artificial pitches, so I’m not so sure we can use the pitch as a reason 

Edited by malkyshotton

3 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Surprised the pitch has been so poor with the amount of work that was done to it last summer, it looked alright before Partick game but just instantly started breaking up when the game started. 

Hopefully the dry weather since has helped. 

4 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Surprised the pitch has been so poor with the amount of work that was done to it last summer, it looked alright before Partick game but just instantly started breaking up when the game started. 

Hopefully the dry weather since has helped. 

There was actually not much work done on it last close season , massive amount being done this close season