Lee Bullen's Battalion ⬜️⬛️ -vs- 🟥🟦 Dodds' Dudds

McCall would rapidly improve this team and anyone who thinks otherwise probably gets 40% of their carbohydrates from crayons.

That's not to say that he would or will come back, because he won't. But a cardboard box with a face drawn on it would be more effective in the duguout right now.

Just now, Thumper said:

McCall would rapidly improve this team and anyone who thinks otherwise probably gets 40% of their carbohydrates from crayons.

That's not to say that he would or will come back, because he won't. But a cardboard box with a face drawn on it would be more effective in the duguout right now.

He’d be an absolute disaster for the club right now tbqh. 

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He’d be an absolute disaster for the club right now tbqh. 

There is no such thing as an absolute disaster for Ayr right now, given that the board plainly didn't care about anything beyond getting 40 points. Ayr can pick up zero points for the rest of the season and hit their targets. Which is fortunate for the current coach.

I neither expect nor actually really want McCall to come back, except for the lols. He would still plainly sort the current shit out in ten minutes flat.

Edited by Thumper

Just now, Thumper said:

There is no such thing as an absolute disaster for Ayr right now, given that the board plainly didn't care about anything beyond getting 40 points. Ayr can pick up zero points for the rest of the season and hit their targets. Which is fortunate for the current coach.

I neither expect nor actually want McCall to come back. He would still plainly sort the current shit out in ten minutes flat.

What’s the point in getting a bounce for a few months only for things to go to shit in the long term with him. Mathie being at the club makes the need for a McCall type manager completely redundant. 

That chat about the club only wanting 40 points is the same kind of drivel that folk on the SRE have being saying about the club not wanting promotion for as long as I can remember. It’s conspiracy theory pish and it incredibly boring. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

What’s the point in getting a bounce for a few months only for things to go to shit in the long term with him.

Things only "went to shit" under McCall when his squad disintegrated because of abject short-termism.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Mathie being at the club makes the need for a McCall type manager completely redundant.

The idea that McCall only brought recruitment to Ayr is ridiculous.

Mathie brought in Akinyemi on a long-term contract. Bullen has instructed his centre backs to shell balls into the KA8 postcode and cross their fingers.

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

That chat about the club only wanting 40 points is the same kind of drivel that folk on the SRE have being saying about the club not wanting promotion for as long as I can remember. It’s conspiracy theory pish and it incredibly boring. 

Bullen literally said it a dozen times in interviews.

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

Things only "went to shit" under McCall when his squad disintegrated because of abject short-termism.

The idea that McCall only brought recruitment to Ayr is ridiculous.

Mathie brought in Akinyemi on a long-term contract. Bullen has instructed his centre backs to shell balls into the KA8 postcode and cross their fingers.

Bullen literally said it a dozen times in interviews.

McCall would not suit the club in what they are trying to do. We do not need an egomaniac at the club making us think we are lucky to have him. 

You can criticise for Bullen for direct tactics all you like but you also have to acknowledge that McCall deployed equally direct tactics in his teams. It’s baffling to me when people lambast the way we are playing as if we should be capable of doing things any different. 

And yes, of course he did. Managing expectations is a thing. However, your post suggested that the club have somehow settled on this position and are happy to see out the rest of the season with a bunch of meaningless friendlies. If that was the case then I’m sure they’ll be raging at the likes of Mullin and Maguire saying that we are pushing for promotion. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

We do not need an egomaniac at the club making us think we are lucky to have him.

I don't disagree. On the other hand, McCall wouldn't be totally fucking happy finishing seventh this season after scoring zero (0) more goals.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

You can criticise for Bullen for direct tactics all you like but you also have to acknowledge that McCall deployed equally direct tactics in his teams.

No. No I do not.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

However, your post suggested that the club have somehow settled on this position and are happy to see out the rest of the season with a bunch of meaningless friendlies. If that was the case then I’m sure they’ll be raging at the likes of Mullin and Maguire saying that we are pushing for promotion. 

Clubs rarely put out press releases saying that they are happy with reaching 40 points in my experience, but if this straw man and the now increasingly obvious gamble of signing a plainly unfit former superstar suit you then who am I to stop you from clapping like a seal about it all.

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I don't disagree. On the other hand, McCall wouldn't be totally fucking happy finishing seventh this season after scoring zero (0) more goals.

I don’t think any of us would tbh. I’ve not said otherwise either. It would be incredibly annoying given where we’ve been. I don’t see it happening though. 

No. No I do not.

Fair enough. The point still stands though. And no matter how hard you try it won’t go away. 

Clubs rarely put out press releases saying that they are happy with reaching 40 points in my experience, but if this straw man and the now increasingly obvious gamble of signing a plainly unfit former superstar suit you then who am I to stop you from clapping like a seal about it all.

Even if it was the done thing then I doubt it would be the case for Ayr. I’m sure the signing of Maguire wouldn’t have happened for a start as he’ll be on a presumably good wage with us so it would be a pretty pointless gamble if we’ve apparently rested on our laurels. 

Not sure I follow the logic that McCall coming back would instantly sort any issues on the pitch.

This is the guy who was just sacked from thistle after consecutively failing to manage a title challenge despite having one of the biggest budgets in the league. Their supporters constantly bemoaned the lack of ideas and daft team set ups. 

I'm not saying McCall is a bad manager, he was very good for us. But these things are never guaranteed and he's hardly been a world beater since he left.

Lads, I've not seen the decision, but you have my sympathy on the Scott Lambie front. Sons got six red cards last season (well, seven but that one was overturned) and Lambie dished out five of them. In two games.

It's not even that he's just a hot headed ref who struggled to think with a clear head. It's that he spends games getting wound up by players too. The way he speaks to them, and coaches (or at least how he did last season) was absolutely incredible. I'm delighted we're in the diddy leagues and aren't subjected to him any more.

2 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

image.thumb.png.866228fd120c84d3ca68503ad309d9e0.png

Obviously it’s only a still photo. However it looks even more laughable there that a free kick to us wasn’t given, never mind a foul and red against Daire.

See a ICT player has a fistful of Daire’s shirt also. Ref was a numpty. The Inverness players obviously new that and were calling foul every time an Ayr player challenged them. Not a criticism of the Inverness players but we need to be better at that side of the game too. 

3 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

image.thumb.png.866228fd120c84d3ca68503ad309d9e0.png

Obviously it’s only a still photo. However it looks even more laughable there that a free kick to us wasn’t given, never mind a foul and red against Daire.

Without seeing it in motion, the only thing I think the ref had seen is a high point of contact. Other than that.. Not a scooby

1 minute ago, weirdcal said:

Without seeing it in motion, the only thing I think the ref had seen is a high point of contact. Other than that.. Not a scooby

Yeah that’s why I said about it being a still photo. However I don’t recall the foot being too high. Unfortunately we’re all lumbered with these refs week in week out and it’s not just Ayr these decision do and will go against.