Lee Bullen's Battalion ⬜️⬛️ -vs- 🟥🟦 Dodds' Dudds

Did not see why Daire was sent off today.  Disappointing & hard on the team to lose him so early in the game.

I thought we were better than we were a few weeks and the players worked hard following the sending off.  We lost the midfield for much of the game though and tbh ICT could have scored a few more if their strikers were in form/better..  Can't see us  getting back into a play off place in our current form.

11 minutes ago, OneTeamInAyrsh1re said:

Clap clap clap, easily impressed you just be 

I’m not easily impressed but I’m happy with the progression from last season. It would be incredibly disappointing to miss out on the playoffs or not make the semis but it’s by no means a sackable offence.

It’s not my fault that there’s sections of the support who fail to see it. 

27 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

That’s a kick in the teeth but can’t fault the team at all. 

I have no idea how the referee came to send Daire off but it ruined a pretty competitive game. Shite from him. 

Big game on Tuesday now. 

I'm surprised at the Ayr fans disappointment at losing today as virtually every Ayr post before the game mentioned that Ayr fans expected to lose.

And now the fans want their manager sacked when only a few months ago he walked on water.

Maybe you'll be lucky enough to get Dodds next season?

Definite progress from last season but I think people are rightly concerned at the serious drop in performance and form, especially at home. Real test now for Bullen to see if he can arrest the slide. From 1st to 5th in a matter of weeks.

Just now, SandyCromarty said:

I'm surprised at the Ayr fans disappointment at losing today as virtually every Ayr post before the game mentioned that Ayr fans expected to lose.

And now the fans want their manager sacked when only a few months ago he walked on water.

The disappointment comes from the fact that the game was still there for the taking in the second half. It wasn’t anything we could’ve done but I think in that situation you need a wee bit of luck to create a chance and we didn’t really get it. 

Caley took advantage of the space we left during the change in formation which was fair enough but I think a draw would’ve been a fair outcome given the way both teams played. 

ICT our bogey team again.

O'connor was doing very well until the sending off. He did great to set it up for Dipo to thunder in. From the North terrace it looked a 50-50 but did think Daire went in a bit studs first but so did the Inverness player.

First goal for Inverness from Ayr's point of view is so so cheap. Cheap free kick/ICT player falling over, then awful defending from us. Their 2nd was coming for a while. Used their man advantage to stretch us out to create the opening.

Referee was atrocious throughout, laughably inconsistent.

Good to see Musonda back on the pitch again.

Felt it was shaping up to be a really good game at 1-1, but basically spoiled by the red card.  I’ve honestly no idea what it was for - I actually thought we were getting a foul when the referee blew his whistle!  Be interesting to see the TV evidence.  Lambie seemed like he was on the verge of losing control inside 10 minutes - looked hopelessly out his depth.

38 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I thought they were odds on to win the league with the way those lot were behaving a few months ago. I forget Ayr should be a top 6 premiership team so the fans are quite right to want the manager sacked. 

Out of the playoffs. Entirely possible that the club will finish seventh now. One fucking abortion of a referee does not change that.

Bullen is in absolutely no danger this season as the club aren't going to get relegated and that was his remit. When he loses Akinyemi in the summer the backroom staff had better have some absolutely incredible plans for rebuilding.

14 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I wonder if the introduction of VAR has seen some lower category refs being bumped up the pecking order undeservedly? 

Of course it has. The premiership now needs 12 refs for 6 games so they would all normally have officiated Championship games. Everyone will have been bumped up a division or so.

I thought it looked like a red card at the time. Both Welsh and O'Connor went in hard for the ball but it looked to me like O'Connor had his foot slightly raised off the ground and he just missed or went over to the top of the ball and caught Welsh on the shin. Given the speed that it happened at I can see why the referee sent him off. Ayr are pretty good at getting the highlights out so I suspect we'll see for sure before the weekend is out. 

24 minutes ago, RiG said:

Ayr are pretty good at getting the highlights out so I suspect we'll see for sure before the weekend is out. 

I hope you have good glasses, Ayr’s highlights are filmed from the Hubble telescope.

I can see why Inverness are in a similar position to Ayr, defensively they have weaknesses. Midfield they have players that work hard but don’t create much and have a lone forward who is pretty isolated. It was a pretty evenly matched game until the sending off. 

Henderson reminds me very much of his dad, good on the ball, intelligent but has an inflated sense of ability. The amount of times he set up to play a Hollywood pass under no pressure before sending the ball out for a throw in on the other side of the pitch.

Both teams look like they they don’t really have an idea of how they want to play. 

3 hours ago, OneTeamInAyrsh1re said:

Bullen needs sacked if we finish outside the play offs and loses to Falkirk

3 hours ago, OneTeamInAyrsh1re said:

His signings in January have been a disgrace, no style of football and now can’t win a game except if it’s against fucking cove

He doesn't make the signings, Glendinning does.

However your top statement may be more difficult to defend come end of the season if things don't improve. Looking like a case of overperformed 1st half of the season and underperformed 2nd half of the season. 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

I hope you have good glasses, Ayr’s highlights are filmed from the Hubble telescope.

I can see why Inverness are in a similar position to Ayr, defensively they have weaknesses. Midfield they have players that work hard but don’t create much and have a lone forward who is pretty isolated. It was a pretty evenly matched game until the sending off. 

Henderson reminds me very much of his dad, good on the ball, intelligent but has an inflated sense of ability. The amount of times he set up to play a Hollywood pass under no pressure before sending the ball out for a throw in on the other side of the pitch.

Both teams look like they they don’t really have an idea of how they want to play. 

What a silly post, did his Dad score against you also?