Hamilton Accies v Arbroath

Never a red. Napier had an absolute shiter. Get Adarkwa on, he’s the only striker we have who looks any competent. Olusanya and Komolafe are horrendous to watch.

Happy with a point there though, battled well.

1 minute ago, Smokerson said:

Surely you can say something positive tonight??
actually thought olosanya put himself about without looking like scoring. Komolafe absolutely woeful 

We’ve just played 3 “must win” games, 2 of them against our relegation rivals and we’ve scored 1 single fucking goal. 3 draws when this was our best, and possibly only, opportunity to drag ourselves out of this shit.

We also have a manger who makes a fucking fool of himself, and by extension - the club…. yet again, on national tv. 

What exactly is there to be positive about??

That was the worst performance of all time. I gave up getting excited about attacks with 15 minutes to go. 

No point singling out anyone for criticism as they should all be pretty embarrassed by that, although Rankin hung them out to dry by playing such an unstructured system in the second half that made Arbroath look more dangerous from our attacks than we did. You're dominating the ball with 10 men; you need to have a degree of control in stopping counters! That embarrassing buildup with mostly a single pivot and two wide full-backs is also just asking for trouble. We needed Lawson or Mimnaugh in there to actually build better, although I can understand not playing the latter when you're so isolated in transition, but I don't think a single thing came off in the second half. I can't remember the last time I saw a worse 11 v 10 performance from anyone against a similar level of opposition. 

Any positivity built up through January and February has been killed for me after that. 

2 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

We’ve just played 3 “must win” games, 2 of them against our relegation rivals and we’ve scored 1 single fucking goal. 3 draws when this was our best, and possibly only, opportunity to drag ourselves out of this shit.

We also have a manger who makes a fucking fool of himself, and by extension - the club…. yet again, on national tv. 

What exactly is there to be positive about??

The fact that we just fought like f**k for 70 mins against 11 men and pulled a point out the bag. 
Think Dick knew what he was doing with the red card. It stifled the game when Accies were getting control and momentum. 

if you can’t see the players were fighting for the club tonight to stay up and give them a bit credit then I give up. 

4 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

The fact that we just fought like f**k for 70 mins against 11 men and pulled a point out the bag. 
Think Dick knew what he was doing with the red card. It stifled the game when Accies were getting control and momentum. 

if you can’t see the players were fighting for the club tonight to stay up and give them a bit credit then I give up. 

The players aren’t the problem, I’ve been saying it on here for weeks.

Your first point is.

Just back in from the match. A poor spectacle overall that wasn't helped by a questionable red card. I was in line with Ricky Little's poor tackle and thought there was enough ground left for Tam O'Brien to cover, but the referee thought it warranted a more severe punishment. I expected Hamilton Academical to press their advantage but they... just didn't. The build-up play was pedestrian and there was a real lack of urgency given what was at stake. Too many cantered through the match, passing the ball without any purpose or penetration. Scott Martin was the only player who understood the situation and he tried to inject some tempo into the game, but no-one else did. Accies' full-backs were poor and the attackers were generally well marshalled by Arbroath's defence.

Arbroath deserve credit for coming through the match relatively unscathed. The only time Derek Gaston was tested was in the first half with Connor Smith found space inside the box, but that was about it. There are a load of duds in their team, especially in attack - where's Dick Campbell signing these boys from? The big man embarrassed himself with his red card. The sarcastic cheers as he made his way from the dugout to his seat was about as raucous as it got.

38 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I'd take Fosu and Shanks for sure.  I wonder if some of our fans might start to reassess Fosu now.

Shanks yes, but Fosu was a midfielder trying his best at striker. Why has Sean done wrong?  He looked Breyer than the other two. 

2 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Your fist point - i.e. Dick Campbell is the problem.

I didn’t say that once. 

Tgink we would’ve won that tonight with 11 and to get a draw playing against 11 + Napier I thought we dug In well. Bring on the run in

2 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

I didn’t say that once. 

Tgink we would’ve won that tonight with 11 and to get a draw playing against 11 + Napier I thought we dug In well. Bring on the run in

Ok, the topic of your first point. 

That was pretty shite. A valiant effort from Arbroath to claim a point considering the red card. I was pretty much in line with it and felt there was sufficient cover for it to merit a yellow, but I haven't had the benefit of seeing it back from any other angle.

Hamilton were pretty poor though and never looked like taking advantage of the extra man. It was very slow and too often side to side when it was crying out for someone to make a clever run or pass. Arbroath probably had the better of the 'chances', if you can call them that, in the second half but tbh neither side deserved 3 points out of that.

Dick Campbell is a bit of a state. Must hold some sort of record for being sent to the stand. Could see it coming as well, he was waving the bunnet in the air furiously from about the half hour mark.

Seemed like very poor game management from Rankin, in a game where they really should have had enough to win.

Lichties, why is Adarkwa not getting a start? Thought he impressive at Somerset Park a while back and looked a handful. Game tonight was crying out for that kind of presence up top for Arbroath, especially as the game went on as it was clear they had as much chance as of a winner as Accies. The other forwards looked pretty useless.

11 minutes ago, AuAl said:

That was pretty shite. A valiant effort from Arbroath to claim a point considering the red card. I was pretty much in line with it and felt there was sufficient cover for it to merit a yellow, but I haven't had the benefit of seeing it back from any other angle.

Hamilton were pretty poor though and never looked like taking advantage of the extra man. It was very slow and too often side to side when it was crying out for someone to make a clever run or pass. Arbroath probably had the better of the 'chances', if you can call them that, in the second half but tbh neither side deserved 3 points out of that.

Dick Campbell is a bit of a state. Must hold some sort of record for being sent to the stand. Could see it coming as well, he was waving the bunnet in the air furiously from about the half hour mark.

Seemed like very poor game management from Rankin, in a game where they really should have had enough to win.

Lichties, why is Adarkwa not getting a start? Thought he impressive at Somerset Park a while back and looked a handful. Game tonight was crying out for that kind of presence up top for Arbroath, especially as the game went on as it was clear they had as much chance as of a winner as Accies. The other forwards looked pretty useless.

Adarkwa has been carrying a knock 

1 hour ago, ScottR96 said:

Not exaggerating when I say that was one of the worst games I’ve ever been to. A shame, as the £5 entry was a great initiative and there was a decent crowd in considering it was on the TV. 

I've been to some bigger shitfests than that and I don't get to attend as many Scottish games as I'd like.

As for the game. Harsh red card which spoilt the match as a whole. Napper, like majority of Scottish referees, are absolutely woeful. Are Olusanya and Komolafe any better than Isiaka...jury is out.

Effort is there, quality is lacking (or stuck on the bench). Be amazed if we stay in the championship. 

No way was that a straight red for littles tackle potentially could have spoilt a cracking game if both teams had 11 each , Dick Campbell your an idiot remember at Starks Park he got a Red card  aswell a few years back more or less for mouthing off again total in discipline from a so called great of the game well in Mr Campbell’s eyes he’s great 

Also thought ,Scott Martin was lucky to stay on the park.Scott Allan got sent off for something very similar earlier in the season.He took an Arbroath player out ,the ref played advantage,he knew he was getting booked,then wipes another Arbroath player out 5/10 second s later.