Hamilton Accies v Arbroath

Red card terrible decision, 16 stone man falls as though he’s been shot, manages to twist looking to the ref before he’s hit the deck. Going to look up the ref and see what shit he served us up this season.

😳 Christ he doesn’t do League 1 he’s a top level ref. Fuk Sake 

Edited by NUMBER 7

Was a red card all day long.

1. Little does make contact so was a foul.

2. Yes ToB is further back by a yard or so but is still a good 5/6 yards off to the side and the ball moving away from him. So very little chance he would get there in time to mmake a challenge.

3. The pass was perfect. Was slowing up right in front of the player and Gaston would never have got to it.

So the red card was for denying a clear goal scoring opportunity.

Just now, NUMBER 7 said:

Red card terrible decision, 16 stone man falls as though he’s been shot, manages to twist looking to the ref before he’s hit the deck. Going to look up the ref and see what shit he served us up this season.

It’s clearly a foul. 

In other news, Caroline Weir is hilariously thick.  “Hola, flat white, por favor” counts as speaking Spanish.  

Just now, RedLichtie86 said:

2. Yes ToB is further back by a yard or so but is still a good 5/6 yards off to the side and the ball moving away from him. So very little chance he would get there in time to mmake a challenge.

3. The pass was perfect. Was slowing up right in front of the player and Gaston would never have got to it.

Get in the sea.

1 minute ago, RedLichtie86 said:

So any contact denotes a foul and possible yellow/red depending on where it happens in the pitch?

I think it was physically impossible for Little to not make contact due to the way they were running prior to the pass.

18 minutes ago, smpar said:

Always wondered why Gaston never found himself at a top flight team. No doubt, after saying that, he’ll chuck one in.

Gaston was a keeper I’d love to target when he was at Morton,  always looked vulnerable, especially to long shots which he loved to knock into onrushing strikers.  He suits arbroath a lot more tho.

On the red(the only taking point?) I thought it was harsh, to me TOB was likely meeting the player towards the 18 yard line which isn’t a clear goal scoring opportunity.  

However WTF is little playing at?  He’s relaying on a ref making a call that isn’t 100%,  there is no need to risk taking the player out there.

I thought it was a red. If the other defender comes over to cover he leaves another Hamilton player on his own through on goal. It's essentially a 2 on 1 at this point. The guy either had a clear one on one with Gaston or he plays the other attacker in to slot it into the empty goal. Either way it's a clear goalscoring opportunity. 

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

It’s clearly a foul. 

In other news, Caroline Weir is hilariously thick.  “Hola, flat white, por favor” counts as speaking Spanish.  

She's a professional Scottish footballer playing for Real Madrid, who gives a f**k if she's not fluent in Spanish yet. 

8 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

My thought on the red is (taking away the fact that ToB would probably have got across to cover) - what exactly could Little do? He didn’t change his direction or stride and looked to be trying to pull out of any contact. The Accies player ran into/across him. Yes it was a foul and possibly a yellow at worst but red? No chance.

I hate VAR but sometimes I think it’s not a bad thing.

Very harsh red , ref couldn't wait to dish it out , Arbroath by far the better team up till then