Hamilton Accies v Arbroath

7 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Its been the same ever since he joined us.  I think that's 3 games, and he's scored one goal and spent the rest of the time either running fast or falling over.  

In fairness, he looks as if he’s got a “bit about him” as they say.  But he’ll need to cut that out or he’ll disappear pretty pronto. 

14 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

He was so quick to get the red out though. No way he had time to look around or consult with the assistant. 

Staggered the commentators have said its a clear red. 

Wonder what anyone actually at the game thinks, cause maybe it is just a camera angle thing as you say.

No doubt if he took his sweet time you'd also be complaining. Why would the ref need to look around, he's looking straight at the incident and can see the distance to the covering defender better than the assistant. 

What exactly is it that prevents it being a DOGSO red card? Foul, 30 yards from goal and closing in, ball was at the attacker's feet when fouled so would've had control, only other defender is about 10 yards away and level so wouldn't have been able to close the gap before the attacker got to the penalty area.

Always wondered why Gaston never found himself at a top flight team. No doubt, after saying that, he’ll chuck one in.

5 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

No doubt if he took his sweet time you'd also be complaining. Why would the ref need to look around, he's looking straight at the incident and can see the distance to the covering defender better than the assistant. 

What exactly is it that prevents it being a DOGSO red card? Foul, 30 yards from goal and closing in, ball was at the attacker's feet when fouled so would've had control, only other defender is about 10 yards away and level so wouldn't have been able to close the gap before the attacker got to the penalty area.

Referees giving themselves time and speaking to the people being paid to assist them is never a bad thing. Assistant would have a better view of whether covering defender was in line or goal side or whatever than the ref.

As for the red itself, striker doesnt have control of the ball and the ball is moving away from goal. By the time he got the ball under control, defender would likely be across. Striker still had a lot to do.

Some makings of a good system here but individual shiteness has let it down. Pushing Shiels up Smith in the half space isn't a bad idea, and the right hand side dynamic is OK, but ponderous buildup, a messy centre and a lack of quality has broken things down. It's clear we aren't used to this kind of game though, especially how easy we are to play through when we do lose it. 

Lawson on for De Bolle and maybe eventually Redfern in Smith's area and we're cooking. 

Just now, accies1874 said:

Some makings of a good system here but individual shiteness has let it down. Pushing Shiels up Smith in the half space isn't a bad idea, and the right hand side dynamic is OK, but ponderous buildup, a messy centre and a lack of quality has broken things down. It's clear we aren't used to this kind of game though, especially how easy we are to play through when we do lose it. 

Lawson on for De Bolle and maybe eventually Redfern in Smith's area and we're cooking. 

Fs Zanatta and One

My thought on the red is (taking away the fact that ToB would probably have got across to cover) - what exactly could Little do? He didn’t change his direction or stride and looked to be trying to pull out of any contact. The Accies player ran into/across him. Yes it was a foul and possibly a yellow at worst but red? No chance.

I hate VAR but sometimes I think it’s not a bad thing.

1 minute ago, Tattie36 said:

My thought on the red is (taking away the fact that ToB would probably have got across to cover) - what exactly could Little do? He didn’t change his direction or stride and looked to be trying to pull out of any contact. The Accies player ran into/across him. Yes it was a foul and possibly a yellow at worst but red? No chance.

I hate VAR but sometimes I think it’s not a bad thing.

It was a dive . Look at the way he jumps