Hamilton Accies v Arbroath

Biggest game of the season so far for both teams probably and one Arbroath can't afford to lose. Accies after a good run of form brought down to earth a bit by QP on Saturday. As for Arbroath a bit of improvement lately but still struggling to put the ball in the net but hopefully start hitting the net on Friday.

The start of four Friday night games on the bounce for Arbroath. Crap.

This game comes down to if McGowan plays or not.

With him coming off injuried and revealing it's a calf injury that he's been carrying for weeks is a huge worry. Would be surprised if he played, and after what happened to our defence when he went off, it only spells disaster.

I dont know how fit Easton is these days but we need someone to try and fill the gap. Dan just can't cope if it's him and the likes of Shiels.

Even though some of us have been saying this about every game for weeks, this truly has to be looked at as a “must win” game.

Win and we go 8th, possibly only for a few hours, lose and we’re getting cut adrift.

The time for being cautious and setting out to not lose is gone. Linn to start and play as much of the game as he physically can please.

With 10 games to go and with this and both Cove & Hamilton to come to Gayfield it’s very much in our own hands ⚽🇱🇻🔥 We have the fans and the squad and it’s going to the wire but I am more than confident we will be 8th or even higher come the end of the season. I not convinced Inverness  are fully safe at this point either as they are  in freefall 💩💩💩 and on the verge of administration.

1 hour ago, Smokerson said:

Sadly I dont think there is any way Linn will start

I know but we can hope.

The biggest problem for us imo is that there has to be a fundamental change in how we play… immediately. The longer the season has gone on, the more I’m convinced that that’s the main issue and not the quality, or lack of, of the players on the pitch.

By my reckoning, we’ve tried 9 players as a striker so far this season - Linn, McKenna, Hilson, Adarkwa, Shanks, Isiaka, Fosu, Komolafe and Olusanya and, let’s face it, they’ve all looked poor in that role. I for one also don’t see any noticeable difference in the new guys compared to who they replaced. And we know Linn and McKenna are good players.

Therefore, it must be more to do with how we are playing as a team. If that’s not going to change then I can’t see results improving unfortunately.

3 hours ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

With 10 games to go and with this and both Cove & Hamilton to come to Gayfield it’s very much in our own hands ⚽🇱🇻🔥 We have the fans and the squad and it’s going to the wire but I am more than confident we will be 8th or even higher come the end of the season. I not convinced Inverness  are fully safe at this point either as they are  in freefall 💩💩💩 and on the verge of administration.

Higher than 8th? You’re living on a different planet mate

15 minutes ago, Anotherlichtie said:

I’m not entirely sure how the fans can lift the club up the table either. As you say he’s on another planet 

The fans have been magnificent all season. The level of support is incredible considering the dross we’ve been subjected to. Not sure what else we can do.

8th is still doable, but 7th? not a hope in hell we are closing a 10 point gap in 10 games.

Sorry 36-0 Maroon but can I have some of what you’ve sprinkled on your chips tonight?

Edited by Tattie36

"Its not the players" has been my mantra since about October.  

And now we are seeing the issues with trying to integrate so many new players without a pre season.  If we keep shifting line ups every single game, we are never going to build a proper understanding. 

Are the new players better than those we had before?  I would argue yes.  Are they massively better?  I doubt it.  But can we stop calling for players to be thrown on the scrapheap after a couple mediocre games.  Its not the players!

10 hours ago, Smokerson said:

I would go

Gaston

Banks Little TOB Hamilton

Balde Hetherington

Dow  McKenna Linn

Akwarda

🇱🇻⚽🔥 Perfect

Hamilton’s defense is absolute pipe 💩  so imagine when it starts to tire after dealing with that bringing on absolute workhorses like Stewart & Hilson who don’t stop running and guys like Toyosi & Komolafe with their ridiculous pace & power

Edited by 36-0 Maroon

2 hours ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

🇱🇻⚽🔥 Perfect

Hamilton’s defense is absolute pipe 💩  so imagine when it starts to tire after dealing with that bringing on absolute workhorses like Stewart & Hilson who don’t stop running and guys like Toyosi & Komolafe with their ridiculous pace & power

0-0