Queen's Park ⚫​​​​​​​⚪ v The Ton 🔵⚪ 4-3-23

4 hours ago, virginton said:

By contrast, Queens Park are a Walter Mitty outfit throwing money around that you do not even remotely generate

Once again you come out with this. The Rae family bankrolled Morton for years, recently writing off almost £2 million in shares they bought and a £400,000 loan. That's great for you, and I'm genuinely happy that your club is on a decent footing, but no more telling us about guys throwing money about when you've had money thrown at you too.

33 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

Like Morton, QP are also fan owned and we generate our income the same as any other fan owned club - Sponsorship, prize money, player transfers, gate receipts etc ... and also donations from fans, season ticket holders and members.

It just so happens that one of our long standing members is a multi millionaire  who decided to donate a lot more than the rest of us.

We're just lucky I guess 😉

Fooling absolutely no-one champ.

58 minutes ago, spiders4ever said:

Anti-Morton referee. The first QP goal should have been disallowed because the goalkeeper fell over and the second because there was a donkey on the pitch wearing a number 5 Morton top.

FFS........ 

Can you miserable arseholes not just shut the f**k up and enjoy the moment??  You're still top of the second tier of Scottish football, a position you haven't been in for donkeys years  - it might not last, why not enjoy it while you can without all this shite?? 

2 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

😳 Wow, I know this thread has plummeted to to the depths but (apart from the Molotov cock tales, obviously) this has to be one of the worst. To still be spouting Trump-style shite the day after the game is ridiculous enough, but the guff about Stella, needles and alkies - honestly, have a word with yerself. You've just taken your first point of the season from Morton, albeit it's taken you till March to do it - you should be at least reasonably content to still be clear at the top of the division at the moment. 

And that last paragraph.......   you didn't think that through at all, did you? Queens Park have been stinking out the lower divisions for more than a century now; it's taken a millionaire Celtic fan adopting you as his pet project of the day to  get you where you are right now.  Without his cash you'd still be grubbing about in League Two.  Getting to the top of the Championship at this stage has clearly given you delusions of grandeur, as well as a nosebleed, whereas after the last couple of seasons Morton fans are delighted to be fan-owned, debt free and in with a good chance of reaching the playoffs. The "bitterness" and "rage" you speak of is all your own work.  Seek help, sunshine. 

I don’t recall Trump calling Morton fans spoon burners. Have a laugh tiger even if yer team plays pish fitbaw.

The utter hypocrisy of Morton fans moaning about investment into a club, another QP poster just covered it. People investing in football clubs is nothing new, get over it, and yes, it does show your bitterness. 

24 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

FFS........ 

Can you miserable arseholes not just shut the f**k up and enjoy the moment??  You're still top of the second tier of Scottish football, a position you haven't been in for donkeys years  - it might not last, why not enjoy it while you can without all this shite?? 

Sincerely hope it doesn't last and they return to their rightful place stinking out the lower tiers.

3 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

Like Morton, QP are also fan owned and we generate our income the same as any other fan owned club - Sponsorship, prize money, player transfers, gate receipts etc ... and also donations from fans, season ticket holders and members.

It just so happens that one of our long standing members is a multi millionaire  who decided to donate a lot more than the rest of us.

We're just lucky I guess 😉

Did Partick Thistle not also have a wealthy benefactor in Colin Weir and are fan owned?

I don’t understand the hate towards QP.
Considering what QP have achieved throughout their history as an amateur team and now moving onwards as a professional team it’s great to see progress being made.

Morton might be classed as fan owned but they had to rely on shares being gifted and debts wiped out by wealthy benefactors. 

5 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Did Partick Thistle not also have a wealthy benefactor in Colin Weir and are fan owned?

Considering what QP have achieved throughout their history as an amateur team and now moving onwards as a professional team it’s great to see progress being made.

Morton might be classed as fan owned but they had to rely on shares being gifted and debts wiped out by wealthy benefactors. 

Honestly, just turn the phone off now. 

1 minute ago, Molotov said:

Let's be honest, no club in Scotland would say no to a wealthy benefactor gifting them millions of pounds, regardless of whether they're a fan or not.

And the fans of any club would also be delighted with the success it brings and would enjoy it for as long as it lasts.

Will we still be this successful when that funding inevitably comes to an end?  I think we're better placed to do so than most give us credit for, but only time will tell.

I remember being jealous of the likes of Cove and Edinburugh City when they were beating us in league 2 with a bit of money behind them, so I fully expect all the teams we pass on the way up to be jealous of us too.

We'll just enjoy it while it's still our turn to "buy" success.

1 hour ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

FFS........ 

To be fair, Rudolph, there is nonsense "banter" from both sides. Some of it is puerile but some is really quite funny. I try to ignore the abusive stuff but still get annoyed sometimes. I suppose that's what folk are trying to do - annoy the supporters of the other team.

That said, there's also some great comment from people as well - sometimes shrouded in banter.

OK help me out here what the #### does your handle stand for?

GM just so fits with you being one of us. Or is it some higher level code.

Edited by Paisley Ton
Why not

26 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

OK help me out here what the #### does your handle stand for?

GM just so fits with you being one of us. Or is it some higher level code.

Glasgow’s Moneyteam (actually it’s my initials) and 1867 was when Queen’s were founded. 
Sorry for any confusion caused. It was not my intention.