Queen's Park ⚫​​​​​​​⚪ v The Ton 🔵⚪ 4-3-23

55 minutes ago, The Spiderman said:

Couldn’t agree more, he’s disallowed the goal as Eze’s stronger than him. The galling bit about it is that he’s a good view, he isn’t looking through a sea of bodies. 

It was the linesman’s flag that I saw first however, wonder if that’s what swayed the referee. 

Fox should be doing a lot better for both Morton goals. Poor positioning.

The ref did pause and I wondered if he was taking the opinion of the lino but he had a perfect view himself and the lino could surely only comment on offside. Coyle mentioned in his post match the ref said it was for an infringement on the goalie. Incredibly bad. The club need to report this and the guy needs some time in league one to reflect on that.

I take it the “stonewaller” was the excellent tackle by Boateng? Didn’t actually know what incident I had missed because it looked very clear at the time that Mal had won the ball cleanly. Other referees might even have booked the attacker for diving.

That’s twice Foxy has had a doing from Oakley. He seemed to have the better of him in the first in their endless wrestling match but forgot the basics. On the first one, you can see Fox pointing to Oakley but miles away from him. In fact, he’s making the same mistake Eze got criticised for; going out to where there’s already a defender and leaving the goal area free. Still think Ferrie should be doing better in his 6 yard box as well. Second one, yes Fox was well away from his man again but Davidson was right by Oakley’s side when he started his run and just let him go.

Lots of positives though. Great to see us pressing so high and Savoury did a magnificent job harassing defenders. Thomson was a standout for me, really dominated the midfield which was missing at the Greenock fixture. Our Oakley really looks something special. Two cracking goals, lots of solid possession, shots on target. It was all there. One dodgy ref and a very good striker denied us 2 points. We go again! 

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

1 hour ago, QPSpider1867 said:

That has to be one of the worst refereeing decisions I’ve ever seen. Completed robbed a third goal there. Video is better but just look at the screenshot, the Morton players is wrapped round Eze… what on earth did the referee see there? He was awful all game. 

1D8B7BF5-60CF-4BDE-B8F6-9273C96B0EE0.thumb.jpeg.fb84b1587f9cd93a8dfc9cd6b3b5ebbf.jpeg

He saw a big guy scoring a goal and thought he hadn't quite been bad enough already so disallowed the goal. Surely there can't be any other explanation?

Not a penalty and the disallowed goal should have stood. Poor refereeing in the case of the latter but that's become the norm in the Championship, presumably because they have to double up in the top flight to accommodate VAR.

The standard of refereeing this season has been atrocious. We've been the subject of a number of terrible penalty awards, one famously from VAR.

2 hours ago, GiGi said:

Maybe if you cry about it some more the league will award you some sympathy points.

1 hour ago, port-ton said:

Congratulations on your one point against us this season which is still one point more than your pointless post. 

Talking to us about points hahahaha deary me, put the Stella and needles down and check the table boys. 

That alky Imrie is probably a perfect fit for Morton when I reflect actually.

You've been floating around Championship and L1 for years, we're having a title push in our first season in this league, the Morton bitterness and rage is magic.

36 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I had hoped a Morton fan might have mentioned it but well done to the QP support for the warm applause extended to the memory of Allan McGraw. It’s alway impressive when a well-loved player returns to do an even bigger and better job as the manager.

RIP Allan.

Well said mate.

23 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Talking to us about points hahahaha deary me, put the Stella and needles down and check the table boys. 

That alky Imrie is probably a perfect fit for Morton when I reflect actually.

You've been floating around Championship and L1 for years, we're having a title push in our first season in this league, the Morton bitterness and rage is magic.

Nice to see you're still livid, Owen. Get it up you. 

1 hour ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Watch Imrie's post-match interview yesterday for an example of how it should be done - calm, fair and objective. 

We should just give you's the 3 points for that alone then

Clearly the disallowed goal should have stood, and the penalty shout, which I thought at the time was a stonewaller, was a perfectly timed tackle. Given however the number of horrendous decisions against us recently, most notably the penalties against Celtic, Hamilton and plucky wee Partick, I see this just as a partial evening up of these injustices. 

I understand QP fans won't see it that way though.

Edited by cet homme charmant

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I had hoped a Morton fan might have mentioned it but well done to the QP support for the warm applause extended to the memory of Allan McGraw. It’s alway impressive when a well-loved player returns to do an even bigger and better job as the manager.

RIP Allan.

Why should any morton supporter mentioned the fact that the QP support had given Allan the respect He was due any decent living person stops & gives the person who has passed away  the respect they deserve in any form of life football connection or not.. 

5 minutes ago, cet homme charmant said:

Clearly the disallowed goal should have stood, and the penalty shout, which I thought at the time was a stonewaller, was a perfectly timed tackle. Given however the number of horrendous decisions against us recently, most notably the penalties against Celtic, Hamilton and plucky wee Partick, I see this just as a partial evening up of these injustices. 

I understand QP fans won't see it that way though.

I accept that over a season, any team (or all teams?) will have days when the refs decisions go against them (sometimes even with VAR). Yesterday's ref was particularly poor - for both teams. Questions need to be asked about that performance by some monitoring body, not by either club - we should just get on with the next game.

It's happened, it wasn't our day, bring on next week.

2 hours ago, Skeletar Spider said:

If opposition fans are so concerned that a club with such a small support is top of the league and on course to get promoted, it might be an idea for the giant clubs they support to get their act together and stop us. 

Get our act together... how exactly? Morton started the season with almost certainly the lowest budget in the division (expanded now) - it is a fan-owned club with a necessity to break even this and every other financial year from now on. We've got our act together and will see where it might take us this season. And hopefully next season will further build on the highly encouraging foundations created this time round. 

By contrast, Queens Park are a Walter Mitty outfit throwing money around that you do not even remotely generate, squatting behind Syngenta at Stenny's ground with a handful of fans in attendance. Your club can't even complete the basic admin to stop yourselves being huckled out of the Scottish Cup, and treats its fanbase with open contempt.  

So your 'why don't you just bankrupt your own club to stop our Govanhill Gretna project' argument is by far the most stupid take on this thread. And that's really saying something. 

Edited by vikingTON

18 minutes ago, RigaTONi said:

Let's all hope and pray that this disgusting bubble bursts soon and this pipe dream goes up in an almighty blaze.

Can't wait to watch them beg the SFA for handouts in the not too distant future.

Horrible little club.

Pray all you want, we'll still see more success than yous in the future

We win that game nine times out of ten. Can look at ourselves for the goals, but it’s not a factor if the officials do their job. Anything else I say about dropping points to a rugby team on three occasions will simply sound like sour grapes. 

14 minutes ago, virginton said:

Get our act together... how exactly? Morton started the season with almost certainly the lowest budget in the division (expanded now) - it is a fan-owned club with a necessity to break even this and every other financial year from now on. We've got our act together and will see where it might take us this season. And hopefully next season will further build on the highly encouraging foundations created this time round. 

By contrast, Queens Park are a Walter Mitty outfit throwing money around that you do not even remotely generate, squatting behind Syngenta at Stenny's ground with a handful of fans in attendance. Your club can't even complete the basic admin to stop yourselves being huckled out of the Scottish Cup, and treats its fanbase with open contempt.  

So your 'why don't you just bankrupt your own club to stop our Govanhill Gretna project' argument is by far the most stupid take on this thread. And that's really saying something. 

Just show a bit of ambition, obviously.

That's what clubs like ours, Albion Rovers, Berwick Rangers etc. were told for years, especially when the threat of relegation from the SPFL became very real. Nobody ever actually explained what that meant of course.

Funny how you don't like it when that ambition becomes reality, though. I don't blame you, to be frank; you recognise that it's a matter of time before your wee club is down in the third or fourth tier, and becomes even less relevant than it already has been for your entire life.

Fingers crossed that happens sooner rather than later.

Edited by Zanetti

Why are some Morton fans on P&B in a state of permanent seethe? You'd think they'd be happy with a fightback from 2-0 down, but no, on and on they rage. Worse than Dundee, maybe even rivalling The Rangers for tears and snotters tantrums. You're right up there in a promotion race guys, so lighten up and let's have a smile!

🙂