Queen's Park ⚫​​​​​​​⚪ v The Ton 🔵⚪ 4-3-23

I find it incredible Morten fans are complaining about the size of the crowd.

Given that Morten fans obviously must think they are a massive club then surely they should be carrying a large away following to boost the coffers of the little diddy clubs.

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

I find it incredible Morten fans are complaining about the size of the crowd.

Given that Morten fans obviously must think they are a massive club then surely they should be carrying a large away following to boost the coffers of the little diddy clubs.

I’m not one to get into the crowd wanking chat (keep that for the Falkirk inbreds) and absolutely acknowledge that Morton do not have a huge fan base compared to others.

But it is worth pointing out that the official attendance today was 1,059. Morton fans made up 574 of that number, meaning QP - a team at the top of the Championship and having a home game - had a home crowd of 485. I think any fair fan would recognise that for the circumstances that’s a really poor crowd.

2 hours ago, stuartk12 said:

I’m not one to get into the crowd wanking chat (keep that for the Falkirk inbreds) and absolutely acknowledge that Morton do not have a huge fan base compared to others.

But it is worth pointing out that the official attendance today was 1,059. Morton fans made up 574 of that number, meaning QP - a team at the top of the Championship and having a home game - had a home crowd of 485. I think any fair fan would recognise that for the circumstances that’s a really poor crowd.

So what you're saying is Morton took 574 fans to an away game, while Queen's Park took 485 also to an away game. Seems pretty healthy for two diddy teams to me tbh.

Anyone complaining about the size of the home crowd is more than welcome to buy their black & white hoops shirt and get behind the team that invented the game of football as we know it in Scotland. That's what I did 8 years ago when I moved here and when QP were still an amateur club and I haven't regretted it for even a second. I understand if you don't, but at least have the decency to respect the loyal fans who haven't been to a single proper "home" game in the last two years and have been forced to follow their team literally all over the country. 

Edited by EaglesandSpiders

Fair play to Morton for coming back so strongly after we had run over the top of them for an hour. We played some lovely football and should have finished them off.

Bottom line is though, that's another game down and they didn't make up any ground on us. We're still top and we'll see how the next three weeks play out with games at Fortress Ochilview against teams from the bottom half of the division.

Halcyon days for your favourites, however the season pans out.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that Eze goal. Farcical refereeing.

And the penalty shout for Morton, I thought it looked like a stonewaller live, but slowed down you can clearly see Boateng does get a touch on the ball and knocks it out for the corner 

21 minutes ago, behindthelens said:

That has to be one of the worst refereeing decisions I’ve ever seen. Completed robbed a third goal there. Video is better but just look at the screenshot, the Morton players is wrapped round Eze… what on earth did the referee see there? He was awful all game. 

1D8B7BF5-60CF-4BDE-B8F6-9273C96B0EE0.thumb.jpeg.fb84b1587f9cd93a8dfc9cd6b3b5ebbf.jpeg

Morton battle hard and had some decent moments but QP by far the better football side. Morton Manager lacked a bit of class at the end trying to have a go at QP fans, it was a draw mate relax. 

Shields must score the chance before half time. 3-0 at the break and it’s over. Then a perfectly good goal disallowed from Eze. 

Really poor from Charlie Fox for the first Morton goal. There’s only 1 runner into the box just feckin look over the shoulder and get close.

Jack Thomson and Savoury outstanding for me. Loads of good performances but just not enough sadly.

Oh well, congrats on the 2-2 victory it was a good day out for you lot. 

Edited by QPSpider1867

9 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Morton battle hard and had some decent moments but QP by far the better football side. Morton Manager lacked a bit of class at the end trying to have a go at QP fans, it was a draw mate relax. 

Shields must score the chance before half time. 3-0 at the break and it’s over. Then a perfectly good goal disallowed from Eze. 

Really poor from Charlie Fox for the first Morton goal. There’s only 1 runner into the box just feckin look over the shoulder and get close.

Oh well, congrats on the 2-2 victory however it was a good day out for you lot. 

Maybe if you cry about it some more the league will award you some sympathy points.

35 minutes ago, Spiders67 said:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that Eze goal. Farcical refereeing.

And the penalty shout for Morton, I thought it looked like a stonewaller live, but slowed down you can clearly see Boateng does get a touch on the ball and knocks it out for the corner 

As I conceded earlier.

So next time don't get into that time wasting outfit as refs take it on board and make decisions that haunt the perpetrators. Not normally as direct as deleting a goal but like the Hamilton game last year where he gave the Ton some fergie time to find an equaliser.

46 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Jack Thomson and Savoury outstanding for me. Loads of good performances but just not enough sadly.

Congratulations on your one point against us this season which is still one point more than your pointless post. 

47 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Did you edit that post in the hope that it would make you come across as less of a fanny that when you made the original one?

53 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

That has to be one of the worst refereeing decisions I’ve ever seen. Completed robbed a third goal there. Video is better but just look at the screenshot, the Morton players is wrapped round Eze… what on earth did the referee see there? He was awful all game. 

1D8B7BF5-60CF-4BDE-B8F6-9273C96B0EE0.thumb.jpeg.fb84b1587f9cd93a8dfc9cd6b3b5ebbf.jpeg

Couldn’t agree more, he’s disallowed the goal as Eze’s stronger than him. The galling bit about it is that he’s a good view, he isn’t looking through a sea of bodies. 

It was the linesman’s flag that I saw first however, wonder if that’s what swayed the referee. 

Fox should be doing a lot better for both Morton goals. Poor positioning.

2 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Morton Manager lacked a bit of class at the end trying to have a go at QP fans, it was a draw mate relax. 

🤣 This, from a fan of a team managed by Owen Coyle........

If Imrie reacted to something from the QP fans it was in the heat of the moment. Coyles after-match comments though are almost always incredibly one-sided and made after he's had time to cool down - his interview after the last Morton game a couple of weeks back being a prime example. 

Watch Imrie's post-match interview yesterday for an example of how it should be done - calm, fair and objective. 

Edited by Rudolph Hucker