Queen's Park ⚫​​​​​​​⚪ v The Ton 🔵⚪ 4-3-23

6 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Started brightly but faded badly after it went 2-0. Can’t wait to see that penalty non-decision later… looked a stonewaller! 

6 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Started brightly but faded badly after it went 2-0. Can’t wait to see that penalty non-decision later… looked a stonewaller! 

I can’t comment as I didn’t see it, but the referee has been pretty poor so far to both sides already.

At 0-0 that was actually the best we've played against Queen's Park this season, but we've totally lost the run of ourselves since going behind. Crawford should have put us 1-0 up and then we have the dictionary definition of a stonewall penalty turned down at 1-0, but we still can't have any complaints about the scoreline and it should have been 3-0. Queen's Park fans must be livid at Shields for being that casual with a finish in a game with two goals in it.

Queen's Park have been ruthlessly clinical and it's no coincidence both goals came from full backs, they've noted where the defensive gaps are in this lineup and exploited them.

We can get away with one of Quitongo and McGrattan missing defensively, but not both.

Imrie got that wrong from kick-off (the fact we did ok for 10 minutes or so is irrelevant)… but my f**k did he get it right in the second half.

Going to the narrower diamond when Gillespie came on totally changed the game. He needs to start every week.

Queen’s were much better than us middle to front, their full-backs bossed us without the threat of Quitongo, and they were quicker than us all over the park.

Still couldn’t beat us from 2-0 up.

Word for Efe Ambrose, who was total class in the second half.

Oh, and Owen Coyle is a fud.

Can’t Believe we’ve bottled that after going 2-0 up. We played really well we could’ve gone into the second half 4 nil up. our finishing in the second half wasn’t ideal and when Morton got their first goal, they had the momentum and it turned into a game where we couldn’t keep up. Some terrible decisions by the ref for both teams which is the norm and I still have no idea on how Eze’s goal was disallowed. I said before the game that I would’ve taken a point but now the games done it’s honestly 2 points dropped for us but we’re still top so let’s keep going Queen’s.

P.S. Well done Morton on ruining my weekend. What a sad little life Greenock Morton. GG

6 minutes ago, h_w7864 said:

Can’t Believe we’ve bottled that after going 2-0 up. We played really well we could’ve gone into the second half 4 nil up. 

In your fucking dreams - and only if you forget the blatant penalty denied at 1-0.