Managerless Plastic Whistle v Raith Rovers nil

14 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Still don’t see us winning the league, obviously, but if we can solidify ourselves in the playoff places that would be ideal. 

You should have been winning it this season with the squad you have imo. 

I didn't see any of the game so can't really comment, but our smaller squad and key players like brown being out will have ultimately been a factor in this game. We've upgraded in the striker department since January but Akio shouldn't be starting games. A fit gullan or isma should start with Akio being used to stretch tiring defenders later on. It is what it is and at this stage of the season it was a long shot for us to kick in to winning ways and climb the table. As long as we don't let the gap close at the bottom then I think all things considered, it's a decent season for us. 

23 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Glad to see jagfox being magnanimous in victory 🤣

I had PT on my coupon, they were a shoo in today, pity Elgin fucked me up 🙄

I was triggered from the outset of this thread 😂.

Hopefully, youse can do the cup double. You'll not have much impact on the league, apart from denying us the title on last day of the season 😂

Elgin bastirts

Screenshot_20230304_175653_bet365.thumb.jpg.3127edee39d6ed712ec8694f1d308845.jpg

Edited by jagfox

I know he deserved motm with the goals (tiffoney) but McAvoy was excellent, dont think he put a foot wrong the whole game. Very pleasing.

Only negative for me was McMillan wasnt great (a few shabks/gifting the ball away and he just cant seem to take players on when he gets forward) but luckily raith didnt look capable of exploiting it.)

Players look more up for performing for Doolan than McCall already...

Echo the thoughts on McAvoy, I think he’s been really good since the Ibrox match, definitely should retain his place in the side even if Dools opts to bring Holt back in. 
Tiffoney and Bannigan were particularly good today, best performance from Tiff in a while. Only disappointment was that we didn’t make it 4 or 5, but that’s clutching another brilliant result for Doolan & Co.

Least said about that the better. Thistle a mile ahead of Rovers today and no complaints about the horsing we got. If I’m being kind then perhaps Ibrox next week was responsible for the lack of challenges going in. Everyone was poor but Akio deserves singled out. Abysmal today. Anyway, next. 

3 hours ago, Wardy said:

Opted for the kebab pie and it was fucking glorious. 

The food at Patrick has probably been the best I’ve had a Rovers away game this season. To be fair the competition isn’t hard , Hamilton’s was inedible and both times at Queens Park the pies fell apart. 

No point really talking about the game. We were brutal , Partick were competent. If we play like that against Rangers they could easily reach double figures. 

10 hours ago, I Clavdivs said:

Do they still make Lino in Raith ? .

10 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

They do.

9 hours ago, I Clavdivs said:

Cool,I remember people saying you could smell Kirkcaldy before so saw it because of the reek from the Lino manufacturing process .

7 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

The ingredient that gave off the reek was linseed oil.

Go to 4.10 on this 😆

Thought we looked a bit nervy for the first half hour in a game where whoever scored first would most likely win .Once we got our goal the tails were up and it was pretty much one way after that with Tiffoney ,Milne and Banzo in particular in imperious form.Special mention also  to Mitchel who filled Sneddon’s boots to good effect and the fans who played a big part .

Fair play to the Raith fans who stayed to the bitter end and applauded their team ,however, a big GIRFUY to the big,sour faced numpty carrying a Raith flag outside the CW Stand at full time ….lighten up China .

Edited by I Clavdivs
Alterered

36 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

The food at Patrick has probably been the best I’ve had a Rovers away game this season. To be fair the competition isn’t hard , Hamilton’s was inedible and both times at Queens Park the pies fell apart. 

No point really talking about the game. We were brutal , Partick were competent. If we play like that against Rangers they could easily reach double figures. 

Definitely the highlight of the afternoon from a Rovers perspective. I was having a pish when we got our penalty so I’m glad I even missed that shambles as well. 😂😂

And the award for worst offside appeal 2023 goes to... 

Screenshot_20230305_003406_YouTube.jpg

From the Raith TV highlights our penalty claim looked pretty clear cut and theirs looked quite soft but I'll take those going against us in a game we won comfortably. 

Edited by Fuctifano

23 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

And the award for worst offside appeal 2023 goes to... 

Screenshot_20230305_003406_YouTube.jpg

From the Raith TV highlights our penalty claim looked pretty clear cut and theirs looked quite soft but I'll take those going against us in a game we won comfortably. 

Can’t really disagree…the highlights are truly depressing to watch as we were repeatedly sliced open from a wee bit outside the box. On the plus side, it reduces the set pieces to just 33% vs 44% from open play.

Highlights from Raith TV - 

I would say the referee got the two penalty claims correct. 

Wasn't a good day for Raith but I suppose at least their players kept plugging away. 

Ibrox will take care of itself in terms of players being motivated,  and while an upset would be a longshot, I don't see a major humping being handed out. The cup can still throw up strange results.

You never know, Raith minds might be on the cup final as we celebrate a league title on the last day of the league season 😂

7 hours ago, jagfox said:

Highlights from Raith TV - 

I would say the referee got the two penalty claims correct. 

Wasn't a good day for Raith but I suppose at least their players kept plugging away. 

Ibrox will take care of itself in terms of players being motivated,  and while an upset would be a longshot, I don't see a major humping being handed out. The cup can still throw up strange results.

You never know, Raith minds might be on the cup final as we celebrate a league title on the last day of the league season 😂

I actually just did a little dive into the title race on another thread, and Partick, on current/recent form are pretty much tied up with a Morton in being the possible surprise winner. The upcoming Morton v Partick match will be immense in determining who might challenge for the title. If you play like you did yesterday, you’re in with a shot.

This will have to go down as an all-timer boring thread. Brown, Brown, Brown and more Brown. Thank god this young Busquets didn’t play as he must be something truly special. As for the game I think that’s one of the most comfortable wins I’ve seen for a long time. Raith were utterly toothless and at pretty much no point was I ever remotely worried. When tiff plays like that it does make you wonder how this season might hand went without the injuries because he can really be unplayable. I thought we were brilliant to a man and everyone had a great game right from graham back to Mitchell. I still think the title is a stretch but it’s certainly going to be an entertaining run in. If we could beat Morton next week and Dundee at home then I might start to believe the Doolan fairytale is on.