Queens v Airdrie

44 minutes ago, Manwithnoball said:

If Bartley goes with same team again apart from Kabia being replaced 🤯. He seemed to say he was happy with the way we played apart from the gaols and we need to take our chances. 

Connelly in for the Ghost hopefully. We were well in the game last week and had we taken a chance or two it could have been a different outcome. A similar first half performance from last week for the entire game with us taking some chances wouldn't be bad. 

MB has said on a couple of occasions that Gibson has been playing too much so I'm expecting him to drop out. 

We clearly still have mistakes in our side so will be as dodgy at the back as ever. Hopefully McKay doesn't come back in though. 

2 minutes ago, Manwithnoball said:

We have lost the last 3 games and he still refuses to make changes. What does he see in Murray surely Connelly has to start over him. Lewis is playing to much football so we start him again. Baffling to say the least. 

Connelly didn't do anything to warrant a start last week tbf but Murray is absolutely honking. The performances under MB haven't annoyed me like they have other folk but I'm getting a wee bit concerned that he can't see how shite Murray is. His attitude in training must be outstanding right enough. 

46 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Connelly didn't do anything to warrant a start last week tbf but Murray is absolutely honking. The performances under MB haven't annoyed me like they have other folk but I'm getting a wee bit concerned that he can't see how shite Murray is. His attitude in training must be outstanding right enough. 

Granted but he is far better than Murray. It annoys me that Bartley can't see through him and what he offers. But he is the manager and is his decision.

Anyone wants to question why I'm expecting little from Bartley should watch that 45 minutes back. I lost count when I was into double figures of how many times we played passes right to Airdrie players or to absolutely no one. Genuinely awful. 

A very bizarre position for us that we're leading in a very even game and 2 ahead into the bargain. Been used to the reverse of that but I'm not complaining. If they could give us a professional 45 minutes the win is there and we might sneak a 3rd if Airdrie push for a goal. My skepticism says we'll concede an early goal and balls this up. Here's hoping I'm wrong. 

First game in person in over a year and irrespective of the scoreline I have liked what I'm seeing. Players are battling for everything, clear desire to get it forward as quickly as possible, lots of crisp passing, and great interchanges across the park. There was a 5 minute period where we kept losing possession as Todd dropped deep next to Cochrane and the forward players were cut off, but once we got in a habit of passing quickly through the lines it's been all Queens. A couple good saves needed from Dabrowski mind, and I was worried going into HT without scoring as Airdrie will no doubt change things up at HT, so delighted we've put a couple in. We may even get a point here!

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

We’ve been the better side without looking great.  A good lead now though. 

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Anyone wants to question why I'm expecting little from Bartley should watch that 45 minutes back. I lost count when I was into double figures of how many times we played passes right to Airdrie players or to absolutely no one. Genuinely awful. 

A very bizarre position for us that we're leading in a very even game and 2 ahead into the bargain. Been used to the reverse of that but I'm not complaining. If they could give us a professional 45 minutes the win is there and we might sneak a 3rd if Airdrie push for a goal. My skepticism says we'll concede an early goal and balls this up. Here's hoping I'm wrong. 

😂 I am evidently wearing rose tinted glasses.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

We’ve only won one game all season where the opposition have scored so I think you’ll be ok!

1 minute ago, Priti priti priti Patel said:

😂 I am evidently wearing rose tinted glasses.

Or you're managing to block it out! Seriously, in the first 22 minutes (looked at my phone at the time) I had got to 10 times they played stray passes - and that's not long balls up to no one, I'm talking about balls to absolutely no one from players under very little pressure. Thankfully for us Airdrie haven't capitalised/we've got back in numbers after the dodgy passes. 

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Or you're managing to block it out! Seriously, in the first 22 minutes (looked at my phone at the time) I had got to 10 times they played stray passes - and that's not long balls up to no one, I'm talking about balls to absolutely no one from players under very little pressure. Thankfully for us Airdrie haven't capitalised/we've got back in numbers after the dodgy passes. 

I think I just accept a certain level of shitness as par for the course, but I do know what you're talking about. Four in the first three minutes of this half. 

17 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Indeed.

8 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

What were we all worrying about?

You're just lucky this guy beat you to the post. 

17 hours ago, DiamondT said:

Somebody is due an absolute tanking from us and I'm thinking it might be QOS tomorrow. We tend to come flying out the traps and have done last few weeks and like Alloa I can see us racing into a 3 goal lead and unlike Dunfermline we will build on that 2nd half. 

5 - 0 Airdrie ♦️

Somebody is due an absolute tanking from us and I'm thinking it might be QOS tomorrow. We tend to come flying out the traps and have done last few weeks and like Alloa I can see us racing into a 3 goal lead and unlike Dunfermline we will build on that 2nd half. 

5 - 0 Airdrie ♦️

😏

5 - 0 Airdrie ♦️

Look what you've done

Well thankfully it'll keep the knicker-wetters quiet for a week. Such a bizarre game for me. Very even first half but unlike the Dunfermline game we took our chances and Airdrie didn't. Then we came out the traps the second half and were playing arguably our best football of the game and somehow allowed Airdrie back in to the game when Hendrie didn't want to have an allergic reaction and used his left foot instead of his right. Absolutely terrible. Thought we were a bit more cautious after that for a spell and then the best play of the game with a clever FK resulted in an absolute cracker from McKechnie. One we were used to seeing King Dobbs bury throughout the years. 

Would love to see the build up for Airdrie's second. Thought Frizzell completely bought the FK and then I've no idea how the corner got through. Again awful defensively. 

A very scrappy game and it's really refreshing that we came out on top. Was genuinely expecting that to finish 3-3. 

A lot of negatives but after a rare win I'll pick the positives and for me Cochrane was brilliant again. Easily my MotM but once McKechnie scored I said he'd get it as he was very good as well. First time I've been really impressed with Brydon as well, totally bossed Gallagher today, winning everything. 

Hopefully push on from here until the rest of the season. 

Didn't deserve anything from that today, lucky to get away with 3-2. Gave away horrendous goals and our own play in the attacking third was hopeless, largely down to Frizzell looking like a pub player today. He could barely control the ball and had no idea what to do around the penalty area. McCabe is also a total passenger in there, McMaster did more in his brief time on the park than McCabe did in the whole game.

Queens made the mistake early on of trying to pass out from the back on an awful surface, once they stopped that and used a bit of common sense there was only one winner.