Ross County -1 vs Dundee United -1

7 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

There's no need to fucking patronise us

Honestly thought alex samuel was going to score at the death, the shame of letting him score would be eternal

1 hour ago, silver said:

Cast your mind back to the end of last season when County played Utd in Dingwall. We just failed to get in to a European spot and the Utd fans invaded the pitch with many goading and taunting the home support. We were denied the opportunity to applaud our team who were going to do a lap of the pitch at the end of a remarkable season...

Yeah, there was a few round in the East Stand discussing that point too😂

Once Mulgrew gains a bit more match experience he will learn that:

For the first goal - if in doubt kick it out.  Wee flicks in situations like that are crazy.

For the build up to the second goal - don’t let the ball bounce.

For the third goal - get close and stop the cross.

Basic stuff that an experienced player would deal with better.

On 24/02/2023 at 15:39, Pete the Jakey said:

I do not know what to expect, it could easily be 3-0 to either side.  We have the ability to win this, but I dont think we will.  I will have one eye on my phone hovering near the bowl party rings hoping for a goal to go in.

Close. But you did suggest it could go either way. I'm disappointed in you.

8 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

It's actually really good goal , a hard working striker forced the error , then calmly finished from a tight angle . Brophys Agent will have the Sportsene highlights sent to about 200 clubs trying to get Brophy a move this summer . 

If County stay up, I’m sure we’ll be throwing the boat at him.   Simon Murray can take a running jump back to Queens Park, because he’s nowhere near the player.  

There’s no chance County can afford him though.

35 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

If County stay up, I’m sure we’ll be throwing the boat at him.   Simon Murray can take a running jump back to Queens Park, because he’s nowhere near the player.  

There’s no chance County can afford him though.

I don't get this, did he sleep with your wife or something? 

I thought he looked alright when he came on, obviously the game was done as a contest but he linked up well with White and the midfield and  contributed to some promising attacks, if Simms had chosen to pass to him on a couple of occasions he may well have added to the score line.

Is there more to this than Simon Murray's 20min performance to your criticism?

1 minute ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

I thought he looked alright when he came on, obviously the game was done as a contest but he linked up well with White and the midfield and  contributed to some promising attacks, if Simms had chosen to pass to him on a couple of occasions he may well have added to the score line.

Nah.  I just think he’s one of these rentaplayer guys who bounces around  doing very little of note, and I had thought County were doing their best to avoid those signings.   He’s been tried and failed at this level too many times.  

In short: his career shows absolutely nothing to suggest he’ll get 15+ goals next season in the top flight,  which is what he was signed to do. 

45 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

He's just not really a top flight player. I don't think it's anything personal.

17 minutes ago, forkboy said:

He's just not really a top flight player. I don't think it's anything personal.

He's not good enough for the top flight. Never has been. He'll give you 100% every time though, which is a vast improvement over most of our squad.

Murray works hard and is a solid second tier player- much like Colin McMenamin when we first got promoted. Will run and work all day but it's just a step too far.

1 hour ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

He's not good enough for the top flight. Never has been. He'll give you 100% every time though, which is a vast improvement over most of our squad.

Of our approximately twenty three centre forwards, that sums up about 20 of them.  At this point though, it’s only fair to say we’d be utterly fucked without the much maligned Jordan White.