Hearts OOT V Celtic SC quarter final

16 hours ago, Austin McCann said:

As always a delightful experience to have flat track bullies singing songs celebrating murder. Scottish football you cannae beat it.

It's all they've got now. Seems they got another chasing on the streets. Used to have a half decent record too.

I blame John o'Kane, tbh.

16 hours ago, WeeMentalDavie said:

Wee **** raging about getting pumped and singing about child abuse. Scottish football you cannae beat it.

This is a great post from a Celtic fan, whose fans set up a massive display prior to a national cup final celebrating an Irish terrorist organisation.

3 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

What does the challenge on Hart have to do with the penalty spot like?

Also, it was just a clash. What protectuon is he after exactly? The Hearts players was completely entitle to go for it, he'd spilled the first save.

Both incidents were late challenges on Celtic players but nothing given so to infer Hearts were hard done to by officials yesteray is a far stretch from reality.

4 hours ago, bennett said:

Absolutely amazing that celtic managed to overcome the odds stacked against them and beat Hearts plus the officials. 

You mean unlike some Glasgow clubs, Celtic don't need any help from officials to win their matches.

Absolutely right sir!

39 minutes ago, Eder said:

Both incidents were late challenges on Celtic players but nothing given so to infer Hearts were hard done to by officials yesteray is a far stretch from reality.

Who inferred Hearts were hard done by? I asked if the ref forgot his cards as a genuine question because I seen at least 3 yellow card challenges that went unpunished. 

If you want to play up to the paranoid Celtic fan stereotype by assuming I meant Celtic only challenges then crack on despite the fact I never said that.

Glad that's these two games out the way. Didn't even watch this, to be honest. Enjoyed my day out at Burton Albion instead.

Saw the line-up and knew it was a waste of time. While we may or may not have lost bad goals/played poorly etc, we're playing Celtic without Gordon, Halkett, Baningime, Haring, Snodgrass, Shanklamd, Humphrys, Boyce, and f**k knows who else. Losing 3-0 hardly seems worthy of a raised eyebrow.

And I don't buy this stuff about it being Hearts' biggest game of the season, as seemed to be mentioned in a few places. We were unlikely to win it, and evein had we won it, we'd still have been very unlikely to do the OF double required to win the cup.

2 hours ago, WeeMentalDavie said:

I assume you condone and/or partake in songs about child abuse then? 

Why would you figure that I condone or partake in songs about child abuse? You don’t think anyone should criticise a set of fans of a Scottish football club setting up a massive display celebrating an Irish terrorist organisation?

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Why would you figure that I condone or partake in songs about child abuse? You don’t think anyone should criticise a set of fans of a Scottish football club setting up a massive display celebrating an Irish terrorist organisation?

What are you posting about David?

On 11/03/2023 at 18:26, Tony Wonder said:

Aberdeen and Hibs fans giving it big licks, would like to see them missing 12 first team players against Celtic.

We played OK in spells but never took our chances and gave away two shite goals at horrible times. Not exactly a recipe for success. 

Celtic fans are bigoted wanks, glad they'll be unlikely to get a full end again outside cup games.

Are you suggesting that Aberdeen and Hibs haven't had to deal with injuries/suspensions? Hibs have played for months without Boyle and Nisbet two of their most important players and main sources of goals. Plus all the other injuries they've had.

Celtic were extremely good when they needed to be on Saturday but it smacked of what has been discussed on here ad finitum, the team with 10 times the budget of the opponent winning comfortably.  They are basically flat track bullies they'll do the same to Hibs on Saturday in the league and every other team they play outwith Rangers. It's nothing to be bothered about.

Edited by AndyM

58 minutes ago, AndyM said:

Are you suggesting that Aberdeen and Hibs haven't had to deal with injuries/suspensions? Hibs have played for months without Boyle and Nisbet two of their most important players and main sources of goals. Plus all the other injuries they've had.

Celtic were extremely good when they needed to be on Saturday but it smacked of what has been discussed on here ad finitum, the team with 10 times the budget of the opponent winning comfortably.  They are basically flat track bullies they'll do the same to Hibs on Saturday in the league and every other team they play outwith Rangers. It's nothing to be bothered about.

I wasn't meaning the season as a whole at all. I was meaning specifically for this game, it's not realistic to expect us to compete with Celtic when missing so many players so it doesn't automatically reflect anything about how good or bad we are.

In hindsight though, I was being incredibly thin skinned and shouldn't have dived in two footed to something which was at best, a low level slagging. Much like Hearts, I take my lumps and move on.

On 11/03/2023 at 18:13, kingjoey said:

Celtic score in 2 minutes and their fans immediate response is to sing a song glorifying an Irish terrorist organisation. Not a minority, but the vast majority. 

Not sure how you can confuse the lyrics to ‘we’re Glasgow Celtic’ followed by the Arron mooy song, which is what they sang immediately after he scored.