Hearts OOT V Celtic SC quarter final

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

Not sure how you can confuse the lyrics to ‘we’re Glasgow Celtic’ followed by the Arron mooy song, which is what they sang immediately after he scored. 

I may have been out by 30 seconds.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

I may have been out by 30 seconds.

There's no point getting into it with them. Free speech and pedantry are the go to defences. There are a few tbf willing to call it what it is, but the rest are happy to explain it away or trivialise it.

36 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

There's no point getting into it with them. Free speech and pedantry are the go to defences. There are a few tbf willing to call it what it is, but the rest are happy to explain it away or trivialise it.

The Celtic fans on here are very aware of the songs that are sung at each game from the home and away support most of them are intended to offend.
Don't bring it up if you're not willing to debate about it M8. 

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Sorry David are you posting about the cup final display? I didn't see it was travelling to Spain but heard it was a Phoenix did it offend you M8?

Of course not, I'm thick (skinned).

17 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

I wasn't meaning the season as a whole at all. I was meaning specifically for this game, it's not realistic to expect us to compete with Celtic when missing so many players so it doesn't automatically reflect anything about how good or bad we are.

In hindsight though, I was being incredibly thin skinned and shouldn't have dived in two footed to something which was at best, a low level slagging. Much like Hearts, I take my lumps and move on.

Whether you follow Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen,  I don't think it's realistic to expect to get even results against Celtic right now whether you have your full strength side or not. The financial disparity is an oceans  width and whilst you might be getting benefactor cash from Anderson it's not going to cause a ripple when up against the Old Firm. That point was hammered home last week as the Edinburgh clubs played Celtic and Rangers.

5 hours ago, AndyM said:

Whether you follow Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen,  I don't think it's realistic to expect to get even results against Celtic right now whether you have your full strength side or not. 

"Expectation" would seem daft but with a full strength Hearts side I reckon we'd at least have had "hope" .