Hearts OOT V Celtic SC quarter final

• 2 weeks later...

The unwashed and their IRA/sky fairy songbook can make the most of a full Roseburn as it will never happen again for league matches. If anything you'll be pumped down to one section from next season - and even then with how segregation is laid out, it's not even a full section.

As for the game, if Neilson hasn't learned a single thing from the recent shoeing at home to the Buns, and doesn't flood the midfield then I don't know what to tell you, tbqh. Realistically, the 3-4-3 needs binned for games against the Old Firm and in Europe. Devlin and Grant or Halliday must start with Snodgrass as a minimum. Frankly, you could even play the four of them. McKay can stay on the bench or at home for this one.

Can't see anything other than a Tic win unfortunately, would love to be proven wrong and us actually turn them over for once but I honestly just can't see it.

If shankland Is fit we have an outside chance imo but it is still a slim one tbh it seems like half our team are out through illness as well.

You never know though I felt the same when we played them at Hampden in 2012 and we won that day so hopefully its a good omen.

I would go with a back 4 and try to throw them off a bit

Clark 

Smith Sibbick Rowles Cochrane

Devlin Snodgrass

Gino Grant McKay

Shankland

Prediction is 1-2 to them after ET. Hope I'm wrong.

On 05/03/2023 at 10:21, Elixir said:

If anything you'll be pumped down to one section from next season - and even then with how segregation is laid out, it's not even a full section.

Absolute fucking state of this 🤣🤣🤣

10 hours ago, RudiSkacel51 said:

Can't see anything other than a Tic win unfortunately, would love to be proven wrong and us actually turn them over for once but I honestly just can't see it.

If shankland Is fit we have an outside chance imo but it is still a slim one tbh it seems like half our team are out through illness as well.

You never know though I felt the same when we played them at Hampden in 2012 and we won that day so hopefully its a good omen.

I would go with a back 4 and try to throw them off a bit

Clark 

Smith Sibbick Rowles Cochrane

Devlin Snodgrass

Gino Grant McKay

Shankland

Prediction is 1-2 to them after ET. Hope I'm wrong.

I feel this is a good call. Shankland van hopefully be at the front end, but Gino can support. I think that Grant has come onto a game of late so definitely worth considering.

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

Do you have a problem?

Aye mate, the driver side jet on my window pipers is blocked, tried using the sharp bit of an earing to clean it out but no joy, been like that for a few weeks now. 

Could be worse I suppose, could be an absolute fucking wet wipe who gets excited about allocations for away teams visiting his side's stadium being cut, to the point where he goes over the hypothetical and unlikely scenario's in his mind to the finest detail, that would be beyond fucking tragic. 

11 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

I feel this is a good call. Shankland van hopefully be at the front end, but Gino can support. I think that Grant has come onto a game of late so definitely worth considering.

I'm assuming Shankland was rested last night and not injured, same with Snodgrass?

1 minute ago, Stylish Kid said:

I had assumed that. But radio said "minor injury" 🤷

I thought about five or six years ago Brendan Rodgers might have taken a punt on Snodgrass, a player who can cover several positions, excellent dead ball variety and very creative with the ability to chip in a few goals. 

I always think of him in a similar vein to Shaun Maloney in the sense that, despite the obvious talent he didn't quite hit the heights his talent merited due to his versatility and not being a nailed on starter in any one position, can play up front, in midfield, out wide as well as the 'number ten' role much like Shaun Maloney but never as prolific in any one of those roles as others.

Where do Hearts tend to use him most?

14 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

I thought about five or six years ago Brendan Rodgers might have taken a punt on Snodgrass, a player who can cover several positions, excellent dead ball variety and very creative with the ability to chip in a few goals. 

I always think of him in a similar vein to Shaun Maloney in the sense that, despite the obvious talent he didn't quite hit the heights his talent merited due to his versatility and not being a nailed on starter in any one position, can play up front, in midfield, out wide as well as the 'number ten' role much like Shaun Maloney but never as prolific in any one of those roles as others.

Where do Hearts tend to use him most?

People say defensive midfielder, but he's probably more of a deep-lying playmaker. He's strong and his range of passing is incredible. Wasn't really a massive pace player ever, but the quality is there 

So, assuming availablity of various players, I think I'd go with:

Clark

Sibbick Rowles Kingsley

Smith                                         Cochrane

Snodgrass  Grant  Halliday

Shankland Gino

Edited by Stylish Kid

Hopefully Gino is fit after going off midweek, but if he's not I'd quite like to see Kuol thrown in to provide a bit of pace upfront. 

Worst case it shuts up the Aussies & Newcastle fans on Twitter moaning about his lack of game time.