🔵⚪️Saints v Buddies ⚫️⚪️ 25/02/23

1 hour ago, Old Pack said:

Liedown FC and Celtic are old pals and even got the late great Frank Mc Garvey for peanuts from Celtic as a thankyou for there non effort in the final game of the season, mid 80,s, that saw Celtic win the league pipping Hearts who got beat by Albert Kidd.

You simply have to be congratulated for packing so much stupidity into such a short post. Bravo!

FWIW ive built a statical model that predicts scores etc., based on player performance over a season. 

Ill post the technicalities and results in a spoiler since yer da will lose their skull if they read it, but think St Johnstone fans will be happier with the results than St Mirren fans 👀

Spoiler

images(2).jpeg.5dedc825637aab7786cb49397a3a68a6.jpeg

It's looking like I might actually be able to go to this. First game post covid I think. Can I pay at the turnstile or is it all online these days? 

It's this or Stanley v Wolfhill 🤔What a dilemma. 

8 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

It's looking like I might actually be able to go to this. First game post covid I think. Can I pay at the turnstile or is it all online these days? 

It's this or Stanley v Wolfhill 🤔What a dilemma. 

Usually a cash turnstile at the scoreboard end of the East Stand.

Stanley games are guaranteed goals…

2 hours ago, DumbartonBud said:

Are we trying to make this thread as bad and as tedious as the actual game is likely to be or is it a coincidence?

I don’t know, I reckon the thread becoming argumentative, spiky, and veering away from talking about the match itself is a positive development.

Christ, let’s not start talking about the fitba’. 😜

Edited by pozbaird

8 minutes ago, Costanza said:

This thread is almost as tedious as Callum Davidson's tactical approach to games.  Almost.  

St Johnstone fans view on Davidson’s tactical genius v our pish poor record in Perth is exactly why talking about the actual game is to be avoided. St Mirren fans see this movie too many times. Home fans pissed off, not confident at all, unhappy with the manager - then we roll into town. Hopefully St Mirren write a new script this time, because the outcome in situations like this usually goes exactly as it did at Fir Park last Wednesday.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

images(2).jpeg.a084f4547914e4d00a02adca505f6956.jpeg

62879C06-2580-4193-97B1-FDCECC32DBDB.png.af5ffde7218973ecc9c9da5113b0e3e7.png

Edited by Bonksy+HisChristianParade

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

St Johnstone fans view on Davidson’s tactical genius v our pish poor record in Perth is exactly why talking about the actual game is to be avoided. St Mirren fans see this movie too many times. Home fans pissed off, not confident at all, unhappy with the manager - then we roll into town. Hopefully St Mirren write a new script this time, because the outcome in situations like this usually goes exactly as it did at Fir Park last Wednesday.

St Mirren lose this to a scabby Stevie May back post tap in when Tanser slips just as hes about to clear it.

We finish 6th on GD ahead of St Mirren then end up qualifying for Europe due to some freak results.

3 hours ago, Old Pack said:

Liedown FC and Celtic are old pals and even got the late great Frank Mc Garvey for peanuts from Celtic as a thankyou for there non effort in the final game of the season, mid 80,s, that saw Celtic win the league pipping Hearts who got beat by Albert Kidd.

Big team found.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

St Mirren lose this to a scabby Stevie May back post tap in when Tanser slips just as hes about to clear it.

We finish 6th on GD ahead of St Mirren then end up qualifying for Europe due to some freak results.

Going to be difficult with Tanser out injured.