🔵⚪️Saints v Buddies ⚫️⚪️ 25/02/23

Just now, Torfason said:

I think that is a fair assessment, our strikers are not prolific and our midfield is hard working. Robbo has spent well on his starting 11 but the depth is not there however for a club our size we are still punching above our weight.

I actually think there IS a decent amount of depth in our squad.  

Four first team players out and we’re still competitive.  

Just now, Bobby_F said:

I actually think there IS a decent amount of depth in our squad.  

Four first team players out and we’re still competitive.  

I was looking at the lack of established strikers on the bench (not a slight on the young lads) and the lack of creativity for the midfield both on the pitch and on the bench.

The game was crying out for a bit of trickery and someone who can pick a pass to stretch St J. 

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Behave for fucks sake.

I agree it's accidental. It's a stick on red, all day every day though.

but, but… it’s never a red, our goal should have been ruled out, our throw-ins were illegal, Curtis Main fouled all day and the referee never saw it and, and… never seen such a bitter shower following a decent point gained with ten men too.

Edited by pozbaird

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

You think Main was being fouled?

Hes clever, it’s good forward play if it’s for your team, but he just backs in and blocks the defender challenging, and when they’re tight or it’s in the air he wrestles. 

It’s effective but the ref has to be more clued up.

He must've been watching old videos of Chris Sutton at celtic. Didn't do him any harm.

The red cards a weird one.

Real time you can see theres zero intent and its entirely accidental. Slowed down, zoomed in on and paused, it looks completely different and is a stonewall red.

It wont be overturned and is a waste of time/money either way. 

1 hour ago, Sh*teAndMuck said:

He got the ball and it was an unfortunate landing but no chance it’s a red card for me. Yes it might be a sore one for the player but doesn’t automatically make it a red card. I think the officials are far too quick to make these decisions and VAR hasn’t helped that with freeze frame decisions.  

Even your very own former player and St Mirren man Stephen Thompson said on the radio that he couldn’t see how it was a red card in any way.

🤷🏻‍♂️

Oh dear🙈

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The red cards a weird one.

Real time you can see theres zero intent and its entirely accidental. Slowed down, zoomed in on and paused, it looks completely different and is a stonewall red.

It wont be overturned and is a waste of time/money either way. 

It's a red all day long. There's no intent but it's still very dangerous play. The reasons for appealing are that Callum and Flax haven't got a fucking clue and are getting free reign to do whatever they fucking well want. As for the throw in shite? I hope they're at the wind up.

Edited by tree house tam

On 21/02/2023 at 16:07, Coventry Saint said:

He was probably still just crying about being called a reject.

Just dropping that in for the Aberdeen fans that we all know are still crawling round our matchday threads.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

So St Mirren fans think that was a red card but Marcus Fraser's wasn't?!

Telt ye.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

So St Mirren fans think that was a red card but Marcus Fraser's wasn't?!

No the St Mirren fans agree with the St J fans that there was no intent by the lad but like the Erahon, Fraser red cards it is a red.

Really annoying as in all those cases you can see there is no intent but at least outside of the Ugly SIsters……….the rule is being applied pretty evenly.

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

It's a red all day long. There's no intent but it's still very dangerous play. 

Aye its only weird to me because im weird and im not convinced those incidents should be reds in general.

If its clearly accidental then it should just be a yellow IMO.

1 minute ago, Torfason said:

No the St Mirren fans agree with the St J fans that there was no intent by the lad but like the Erahon, Fraser red cards it is a red.

Really annoying as in all those cases you can see there is no intent but at least outside of the Ugly SIsters……….the rule is being applied pretty evenly.

Don't think you read the Hearts match thread at the time.