🔵⚪️Saints v Buddies ⚫️⚪️ 25/02/23

31 minutes ago, double deluxe said:

The nick of the buddies here saying that was ‘two points dropped’ for them

They're lucky to get the draw. Fuckin toothless all day. 

29 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Your playing a team beneath you in the league, and they are down to 10 men for over half the game.  

Would you not see that as 2 points dropped ?

On that display today?? Really? Don't think so. You scraped a point at best. 

5 minutes ago, double deluxe said:

Add to that every one of Shaughnessy‘s long throws he entered the pitch, foul throw after foul throw ignored by linesman

As long as any part of his foot is on the line is legal now, don’t have to be behind the line now 

Edited by glenrothes 1884 saint

8 minutes ago, Sh*teAndMuck said:

So nobody noticed that the St Mirren goal should’ve been chalked off? 

The start of the attacking phase of play or whatever they call it was a throw in taken in the completely wrong place (ok that happens all the time) and the guy who took it is walking along while throwing the ball. It’s a foul throw all day long. 

Now I know a lot of the time they’re not pulled up for these things but it leads to the goal so they must be checking that on VAR and disallowing it. 

Even without VAR the ref and lineman should be seeing that. 

Very much robbed of the points today with that and the sending off which shouldn’t have been either as we already know. 

Season 2 Lol GIF by Friends

4/10 poor effort.

3 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

That’s a wind up surely?

No it’s not. It’s not something I’d normally claim and I know it sounds like sour grapes but it was so blatantly obvious. I was actually convinced the goal would be chalked off so wasn’t worried when the ball went in the net. But how wrong I was! 🤣

5 minutes ago, Torfason said:

They’ve only scored 24 😛

I do wonder if things would have changed for Brophy if he had stayed with us or if we are lacking creative players for him to be successful 🤔

Don’t know if things would have turned for Brophy. All I know is that he’s scoring and setting up goals for a division rival, while we have Ayunga and Greive out injured, two young untested strikers recalled because of those injuries, another striker on loan at Arbroath, and in Watt, someone just arrived and needs a few games to fully settle in. The entire striking situation at present smacks so much of ‘typical St Mirren’.

18 minutes ago, Sh*teAndMuck said:

I’m serious. Watch the highlights without your black and white tinted glasses on. Seriously. Should not have stood. 

The red card wasn't a red card? Ooookkkk 😮💨.

I think even the StJohnstone fans are selling their team a bit short here. Yes we were toothless but we were up against a very well organised team who defended their box well. We are the same, we done a number on Killie when we were down to 10 men for 90 minutes. 

Probably why the games between us, especially in Perth, are always an eye sore. 2 teams with similar styles and aren't the best on the eye to watch.

Our lack of options on the bench fucked us today, Ayunga and Grieve would have given us something different to work with up front, Watt and Main could have been subbed much earlier had that been the case. Main has been limping for about 2 weeks now

15 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

The red card wasn't a red card? Ooookkkk 😮💨.

I

He got the ball and it was an unfortunate landing but no chance it’s a red card for me. Yes it might be a sore one for the player but doesn’t automatically make it a red card. I think the officials are far too quick to make these decisions and VAR hasn’t helped that with freeze frame decisions.  

Even your very own former player and St Mirren man Stephen Thompson said on the radio that he couldn’t see how it was a red card in any way.

🤷🏻‍♂️

He got the ball and it was an unfortunate landing but no chance it’s a red card for me. Yes it might be a sore one for the player but doesn’t automatically make it a red card. I think the officials are far too quick to make these decisions and VAR hasn’t helped that with freeze frame decisions.  

Even your very own former player and St Mirren man Stephen Thompson said on the radio that he couldn’t see how it was a red card in any way.

🤷🏻‍♂️

Pure shite and muck.

🤷🏻‍♂️

You really are at the wind up.  

Lucky to get the ‘0’ in 0/10. 

St Mirren biggest issue will be a lack of depth, i think.

Kind of looked at their sub options at half time worrying theyd push on and try and pin us back but it wasnt that much of a worry. A better bench and i think a team couldve used how deep we were sitting better, a midfield of Flynn/O'Hara, then Gogic, was never breaking anything down.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Kind of looked at their sub options at half time worrying theyd push on and try and pin us back but it wasnt that much of a worry. A better bench and i think a team couldve used how deep we were sitting better, a midfield of Flynn/O'Hara, then Gogic, was never breaking anything down.

I think that is a fair assessment, our strikers are not prolific and our midfield is hard working. Robbo has spent well on his starting 11 but the depth is not there however for a club our size we are still punching above our weight.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yup, loss of Baccus, Grieve, Ayunga and Gallacher really hurting our options.