🔵⚪️Saints v Buddies ⚫️⚪️ 25/02/23

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

In keeping with the theme of being helpful, for everyone coming to the game  from Paisley it’s on Monday evening.  See you there.

Even if St Mirren didn't turn up on Saturday Estonia style, Davidson would still set up with a defensive formation and try to hold onto the 0-0. 

I would just put Joe straight in for Dec and leave the rest of the starting XI from last week tbh.

Can't drop Flynn or Kilts after last week IMHO and Gogic was dreadful at Fir Park.

30 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Would be surprised if we see Dec this season and the start of next season. Will Joe be offered a new deal ?  Not too worried about this gig ether we win or lose. Win we will 🙂

Don't think Dec's injury is as bad as first feared. Will be out 3-4 weeks I believe.

Matthews

Wright - Brown - Gordon - Considine - Montgomery 

Phillips - Hallberg - MacPherson

Clark - May

Is surely how we line up, although Murphys moaning about game time brought a change of shape to accommodate him and the awful post World Cup form that followed, so him seemingly moaning again might change things. As could fan criticism of Carey, decent chance he gets wedged in to prove a point.

1 hour ago, Div said:

I would just put Joe straight in for Dec and leave the rest of the starting XI from last week tbh.

Can't drop Flynn or Kilts after last week IMHO and Gogic was dreadful at Fir Park.

Given how good he' been all season in midfield, might it be that he was actually playing with an injury, given that he had to be substituted.

I do agree that last week's midfield was great in the first half.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Matthews

Wright - Brown - Gordon - Considine - Montgomery 

Phillips - Hallberg - MacPherson

Clark - May

Is surely how we line up, although Murphys moaning about game time brought a change of shape to accommodate him and the awful post World Cup form that followed, so him seemingly moaning again might change things. As could fan criticism of Carey, decent chance he gets wedged in to prove a point.

I think the manager’s need to shoehorn Hallberg into the starting 11 has influenced our formation since the rangers cup match. 
He’s a decent player, and a good option, but I certainly don’t feel he’s in the undroppable category.

Arguably a more balanced line up last week would have been:

Matthews

Brown Gordon Mitchell Montgomery 

Wright MacPherson Phillips Wotherspoon

May Clark

but I agree with what you’ve put for how we’re likely to line up tomorrow. Harsh on Brown though.

7 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

I think the manager’s need to shoehorn Hallberg into the starting 11 has influenced our formation since the rangers cup match. 
He’s a decent player, and a good option, but I certainly don’t feel he’s in the undroppable category.

Arguably a more balanced line up last week would have been:

Matthews

Brown Gordon Mitchell Montgomery 

Wright MacPherson Phillips Wotherspoon

May Clark

but I agree with what you’ve put for how we’re likely to line up tomorrow. Harsh on Brown though.

I think he'll start Brown. Hes the least worst option at RCB in his back five IMO as he can make it a back 4 when in possession naturally, whereas Mitchell/McGowan stayed narrower.

With Wright coming inside a lot more this season i think we need the RCB to be able to go outside him.

Ive still no idea what to think of Hallberg. Hes obviously better in the final third than anywhere but he still feels a bit meh to me in general. Zero doubt we've been better with him central behind a front two every time we've played that way though.