🔵⚪️Saints v Buddies ⚫️⚪️ 25/02/23

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

That’ll be just shy of about 800 then I think, good effort. Be funny if you shift them then we’re forced to open the North Stand for a dozen or so folk.

Only the top half of The Alan Main Stand away section was originally opened, they’ve sold about 500 tickets thus far.

That’ll be just shy of about 800 then I think, good effort. Be funny if you shift them then we’re forced to open the North Stand for a dozen or so folk.

That's a good effort. It does seem that there is an increase in away fans at most grounds this season for whatever reason. Not sure if the stats back that up though, just feels that way.

Assume the reasonably generous pricing by Saints for families helps at McD for visiting fans?

I always prefer the away fans to be in the North stand, but I suppose the decision whether to open it or not is determined by what the away club advises Saints around how many fans they expect to bring.

On the game, I think this is a bit of a test of where St Mirren are mentally. A win for them and top 6 looks likely and probably kills off St Johnstones chances. A loss and it feels like history may be repeating. For those reasons, i expect a pretty cagy game all round.

Been impressed with the Buddies this season and totally applaud the approach over limiting away fans to the single stand. The impact on home crowds and results is pretty obvious, even beyond those particular games. 

2 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

That's a good effort. It does seem that there is an increase in away fans at most grounds this season for whatever reason. Not sure if the stats back that up though, just feels that way.

Assume the reasonably generous pricing by Saints for families helps at McD for visiting fans?

I always prefer the away fans to be in the North stand, but I suppose the decision whether to open it or not is determined by what the away club advises Saints around how many fans they expect to bring.

On the game, I think this is a bit of a test of where St Mirren are mentally. A win for them and top 6 looks likely and probably kills off St Johnstones chances. A loss and it feels like history may be repeating. For those reasons, i expect a pretty cagy game all round.

Been impressed with the Buddies this season and totally applaud the approach over limiting away fans to the single stand. The impact on home crowds and results is pretty obvious, even beyond those particular games. 

See DD’d post above, apparently only offered them the Upper tier of the end sections of the Alan Main Stand so nearer 500.  Still a couple of days to go.

Regarding the north stand I agree, much better having visitors in there, but I feel it’s just down to the over zealous stewarding we get these days, as in lets keep them as far apart as possible, unless we really need the extra space for the bigger travelling supports from Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Utd etc in which case we give them both.

Was expecting 1000+ away fans so less than 500 is a surprise. 

Fallen giant in good form + best side most of their fans have seen in their lifetime + winnable game v bigger side usually equals a big away support.

In all seriousness im a bit worried about Gordon v Main, as Gordon's struggled physically this year IMO and it sounds like Main is having a stormer of a season?

This feels like itll be game of individual battles. Strain v Montgomery maybe the most important depending on St Mirrens midfield selection.

If Tanser is out then id fancy Wright against any other option they have on that side, mind you.

Section A now open for Away support. This seems to happen a lot to us. Away club allocates a small area and we have to ask for it to be increased. You would think Clubs have a good idea of a typical Away support for each team in the League.

24 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Section A now open for Away support. This seems to happen a lot to us. Away club allocates a small area and we have to ask for it to be increased. You would think Clubs have a good idea of a typical Away support for each team in the League.

I don't understand why clubs don't just completely open away sections and let folk sit wherever the f**k they want, tbh.

Opening things up in stages will absolutely put folk off going, especially if things sell quick.

Yes it’s a nonsense. Think it was Jamie Beatson that was taking about it for the game at motherwell a fortnight ago.

Supporters either have a choice of buying shite seats down the front, or hold off in the hope someone else does so you can get your pick of the seats when the next section is opened up for sale. 

It’s not such an issue for st Mirren fans this week, as the Main Stand at McDiarmid offers superb views and legroom from wherever you sit, but in general terms it’s part of this weird new obsession for squeezing away supports into as small an area as you can and surrounding them with stewards.

Yes it’s a nonsense. Think it was Jamie Beatson that was taking about it for the game at motherwell a fortnight ago.

Supporters either have a choice of buying shite seats down the front, or hold off in the hope someone else does so you can get your pick of the seats when the next section is opened up for sale. 

It’s not such an issue for st Mirren fans this week, as the Main Stand at McDiarmid offers superb views and legroom from wherever you sit, but in general terms it’s part of this weird new obsession for squeezing away supports into as small an area as you can and surrounding them with stewards.

The game in Paisley in November is the perfect example, as I’m sure Jamie said 

8 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

The game in Paisley in November is the perfect example, as I’m sure Jamie said 

My example was from a Motherwell game a few years back where it actually was a free for all but they only let us sit in one tiny section of a 5000 seater stand so as such we had to sit in shit, partially restricted view seats down the front even though there were literally thousands empty.

Its just such a pointless exercise.

1 hour ago, Mordecai said:

Looking at the thread title it was doomed from the start, considering the game is on the 25th February.

That’s my glaring mistake. Sometimes you just get so excited at the prospect of a St Johnstone v St Mirren clash that you lose focus.

If I work out how to edit the title I will do…

7 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

That’s my glaring mistake. Sometimes you just get so excited at the prospect of a St Johnstone v St Mirren clash that you lose focus.

If I work out how to edit the title I will do…

Backwards Perthshire bumpkin in 'unable to comprehend basic technology' shocker.

If I was helpful, I'd tell you just to edit your original post as that includes the option to change the title. 

But I'm not helpful. I'm a c**t.

• PauloPerth changed the title to 🔵⚪️Saints v Buddies ⚫️⚪️ 25/02/23