HAFC 🔴⚪ v ICTFC 🔵🔴

11 hours ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

It is… that’s why we’re all raging. What’s so hard to comprehend?

Spot on.

12 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Bizarre post. Two cup runs aside, there is very little between the sides.

You are every bit as much a diddy club as we are.

I’ll bite. 2cup runs? So what constitutes a “cup run” to you? I’m guessing the last 8, as that’s as far as the Accies have been (3 times?) in the 30 years since ICT was formed.

Yet we’ve been there 12 times, which has translated into 4 semis and 1 final. I didn’t bother checking the League Cup for Accies but we’ve been in the final as well as beaten semi finalists.

In the league we were an established mid table team with 3 top 6 finishes including a 3rd place, while Accies were performing their perennial (highly commendable) escape act. 

We had multiple wins over both cheeks home and away and could be considered a stable Premiership club until we were royally fucked in 2016-17 by a combination of Hughes, Foran and the chairman.

So yes, in the diddy scheme of things, even missing out all the crowdwanking, we’ve got a right to be more disgruntled than you.

Coincidentally, 20 years ago today. ICT 6 Accies 1 in the Scottish. Accies score in 2 mins through Bonnar but doubles from Wyness and Robson, plus goals from Ritchie and McCaffrey, see ICT through. What a team that was, our first Hampden semi, and promoted a year later.

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

NorthStand10 hit me with a red for this post.

Seems like he gets upset when I criticise Dodds.

As I said the last time he did this and given he joined in January I reckon he is close to the core.

Now he'll come back with an anti Dods rant again.

Oh Sandy, you really seem to be worked up about this and if you don't mind me saying so, you seem rather too keen to be seeing to be correct as opposed to rational.

Are you suggesting we would have been able to beat Livingston with the players that were previously available to Dodds?

Now that we have a decent cohort of experienced players available we have suffered quite catastrophic dleague efeats and that will precipitate the normal course of events.

1 hour ago, sophia said:

Now that we have a decent cohort of experienced players available we have suffered quite catastrophic dleague efeats

Which somewhat blows the argument that we were only getting crap results because of injuries.

In addition to Dodds denial, I am actually surprised that there are no statements where we all now to consider this is a 'transition' phase with players having to adjust and gel together and blaming the fans for being too impatient and heaving pressure onto the players.

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

Which somewhat blows the argument that we were only getting crap results because of injuries.

In addition to Dodds denial, I am actually surprised that there are no statements where we all now to consider this is a 'transition' phase with players having to adjust and gel together and blaming the fans for being too impatient and heaving pressure onto the players.

No, no it does not.

Again, two things can be true at the same time.

23 hours ago, RiG said:

I thought we were actually decent in spells last night. Easily better than the performance at the weekend though that's a pretty low bar. Henderson was seeing a lot of the ball down the right and he linked well with Carson who got much further forward to support him than he did on Saturday. MacKay on the other side was...okay but his touch often let him down as we've seen so often. Most of our early chances came from crosses or set pieces and there were some decent saves from Fulton in the Hamilton goal. Accies main threat going forward seemed to be our defending as we looked a bit of a shambles at the back giving the ball away a lot of the time and struggling with the physicality of the Accies forward line.

No real surprise that when the goal did come it arrived via poor defending from ourselves. A short corner was whipped in and O'Reilly rose unchallenged and sent his header into the net possibly via a bounce off the ground which took it away from Ridgers. Similarly, given our joy down the right side when we did take a chance it wasn't a massive shock to see it come from a cross into the box. Henderson (I think) sent a low ball in and Accies only partially cleared the ball to the edge of the box and Allardice strode onto it and coolly passed it into the net. A deserved equaliser.

Into the second half and Duffy missed what looked to be an easy chance when he headed wide from a corner and Mckay (Billy) played MacKay (Danny) in but he took a very heavy / awkward touch which looked like it came off his shin before it hit the post.

Then followed some real controversy as Shaw gave the ball away and Accies broke down the ICT right which led to a chance which looked destined to hit the net but for a "block" by Harper (I think) on the line. It looked at the time he had blocked the shot with at least one of his arms but inexplicably Colin Steven and the assistant referee gave nothing. I guess they were unsighted but we definitely got away with one there.

Not long after that Accies did take the lead when MacKay was chasing back and he clipped the Accies player in the box and sent him tumbling. Clear foul and I think a yellow was fair. I don't think it was a deliberate attempt to take out the player I think it was a very tired attempt at a challenge. Regardless, Smith scored with ease from the spot and we were behind once more.

After that we seemed to lose our composure and Mckay went down in the box under a challenge but was booked for a dive. Seemed a bit harsh from where we were but things got even worse when he went down under another challenge in the middle of the pitch and was shown a second yellow presumably for kicking / lashing out or maybe just dissent. Again, I thought it might have been slightly harsh but that's probably with blue and red glasses on.

As he walked off Dodds was barracked by a large number of the ICT supporters in attendance. A half hearted thumbs up suggests he knows his time is almost done here.

All credit to you in making that journey on a tues night and I applaud yer tenacity but after Saturday I was hoping that at least a draw, hard that you had to witness another loss against the bottom team, now we have our only striker suspended from what I believe, by the report, was borne out of sheer frustration given that we seemed to have the run of play.

The 752 attendance figure was a surprise as I would have thought that after their win they would have came out in numbers.

12 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

All credit to you in making that journey on a tues night and I applaud yer tenacity but after Saturday I was hoping that at least a draw, hard that you had to witness another loss against the bottom team, now we have our only striker suspended from what I believe, by the report, was borne out of sheer frustration given that we seemed to have the run of play.

The 752 attendance figure was a surprise as I would have thought that after their win they would have came out in numbers.

Fortunately it was just a short 1 hour or so from Edinburgh so that made it a little easier. Thought we took a decent number along given the circumstances. Certainly seemed more than the 87 claimed by Accies.

40 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

now we have our only striker suspended from what I believe

Fingers crossed its a start for Cairns, looked good from the small glimpses of him I have seen. Young but strong & athletic -a youth player who could actually handle himself in this league of hatchets and cloggers. Highland Haaland

11 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Fingers crossed its a start for Cairns, looked good from the small glimpses of him I have seen. Young but strong & athletic -a youth player who could actually handle himself in this league of hatchets and cloggers. Highland Haaland

He was impressive with his goal against Morton, good box play.

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

That crowd was another act of fiction by the clowns in our Boardroom.

Tuesday night was the busiest the home end has been for a midweek  League game for ages and easily looked treble what they have been declaring when fans were boycotting because of the bans on fans.

In both games I thought Inverness looked decent at times and passed the ball around us leaving us chasing shadows but not taking their early chances cost them. Once it turned into a battle we were always on top.

Edited by Accie1