Acads v QP

Need to hope McGowan isn't out for any great length of time as we're much weaker defensively without him.

Queen's Park are best attacking team I've seen this season but they can be got at defensively if you keep the ball on the deck, we didn't do enough of that.

Luckily not much damage done with Cove losing & Arbroath only getting a point.

12 minutes ago, cdhafc1874 said:

Need to hope McGowan isn't out for any great length of time as we're much weaker defensively without him.

Queen's Park are best attacking team I've seen this season but they can be got at defensively if you keep the ball on the deck, we didn't do enough of that.

Luckily not much damage done with Cove losing & Arbroath only getting a point.

I'm guessing McGowan was one who played through pain on Tuesday. Sparrow was warming up on his own before McGowan even went down. 

Some of the stuff we played today was blinding. Really pleased to see the return to form of Thomson.

Thomas untouchable; Shields outstanding. All in all, a great day for your favourites with everyone putting in a great shift.

I was expecting more from Accies although they competed well in the first half and had a wee burst round about the time they scored.

Simply a superb result and a fantastic performance to go with it (2nd half especially). We looked back to our usual selves when it came to knocking the ball about and some of the football throughout the 2nd half was unbelievable. Hamilton couldn’t cope with our press and fortunately we took full advantage of it. 

Everyone on the pitch played their apart. Oakley was a machine at right back.  Scoring the opener seemed to restore the confidence right back into Jack Thomson who completely suffocated the Hamilton defence with his running and constant pressing. Also buzzing for Aaron Healy. First start in senior football and gets himself a goal. He looked a wee bit tentative in moments throughout the 1st half but I’d imagine that’s down to confidence. Very tidy player who will only get better 

Man of the match a toss up between Dom Thomas and shields. Thomas had been quiet for a few weeks but he was breathtaking on many occasions today. He absolutely ragdolled the left back and his build up play for the 3rd goal was outrageous. On his game, there is no better winger in the league 

Is it too early for me to suggest that Shields is a better all round player than Murray ? The guy has been magnificent for us. He holds the ball up brilliantly, he’s rapid and his link up play is terrific. Most importantly he knows where the goal is, 4 goals in 4 games now. I know he was played out wide for Motherwell but my goodness I can’t believe they didn’t give him a proper shot up top. 

Dundee dropping points today was huge and there’s now genuine pressure on them to get a result against thistle which won’t be easy. Even if they win, it’s still in our hands. Need to be incredibly wary of Morton now also 

29 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Simply a superb result and a fantastic performance to go with it (2nd half especially). We looked back to our usual selves when it came to knocking the ball about and some of the football throughout the 2nd half was unbelievable. Hamilton couldn’t cope with our press and fortunately we took full advantage of it. 

Everyone on the pitch played their apart. Oakley was a machine at right back.  Scoring the opener seemed to restore the confidence right back into Jack Thomson who completely suffocated the Hamilton defence with his running and constant pressing. Also buzzing for Aaron Healy. First start in senior football and gets himself a goal. He looked a wee bit tentative in moments throughout the 1st half but I’d imagine that’s down to confidence. Very tidy player who will only get better 

Man of the match a toss up between Dom Thomas and shields. Thomas had been quiet for a few weeks but he was breathtaking on many occasions today. He absolutely ragdolled the left back and his build up play for the 3rd goal was outrageous. On his game, there is no better winger in the league 

Is it too early for me to suggest that Shields is a better all round player than Murray ? The guy has been magnificent for us. He holds the ball up brilliantly, he’s rapid and his link up play is terrific. Most importantly he knows where the goal is, 4 goals in 4 games now. I know he was played out wide for Motherwell but my goodness I can’t believe they didn’t give him a proper shot up top. 

Dundee dropping points today was huge and there’s now genuine pressure on them to get a result against thistle which won’t be easy. Even if they win, it’s still in our hands. Need to be incredibly wary of Morton now also 

Great summary

Feel Stephen Eze worth a mention as well.  Distribution much better and generally solid. Need to see some consistency from him now. 

3 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Great summary

Feel Stephen Eze worth a mention as well.  Distribution much better and generally solid. Need to see some consistency from him now. 

Absolutely. Most pleasing aspect about Eze was his distribution on the ball. He seemed to be in control of what he was doing for almost all of the game. Something we’ve generally not seen from him.

Like you say, need that consistency now as he’ll be tested against two big and capable strikers for Morton next week 

Yeah not much to say, we were very poor QP got down out left hand side so easily it was ridiculous. O’Reilly and Shiels were diabolical.

Queens park were excellent though everything we aren’t - recruited well with a good manager. While we have only bothered our arse to make some decent signings in January when all hope looked lost.

Will be interesting to see where you lot end up playing next season if you are in the premiership.

2 hours ago, qpfc said:

Need to be incredibly wary of Morton now also 

You'd better believe it, laddie. Fabulous result against an on-form Accies today, fair play to Queens. You're still 100% the team to beat, and you aren't top of the division by accident. The next few weeks will be enthralling for all of us.

Edited by Chippyminton

Really happy to see Connor Shields doing well. He was unfairly hung out to dry out of position in an awful Motherwell team and looked a player drained of confidence. 

Glad he's back on the goal trail and presumably enjoying his football, looks to have worked out well for all parties. 

3 hours ago, qpfc said:

Thought we were excellent today some fantastic performances throughout the team . Great football and very entertaining. 

Very impressed by Queens Park,the best away performance I have watched in years at our ground.

They knew where our weaknesses are and capitalised on it and once big McGowan went off, the defensive frailities of the first half of the season came back big time.

Don't know what Rankin was doing moving left back Shiels up front again while the young lad Stephenson from Newcastle languished on the bench.

Some fans think this was a message to the clowns in The Boardroom refusing to get him the striker he was asking for.As usual with that mob,they try to do "just enough" and if we end up going down or in the Play Offs,it will be testament to their continued folly.

17 hours ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Who needs Simon Murray - We've got Connor Shields...

Seriously, I think we got a terrific break when Simon chose to leave. Much as I admired him and enjoyed his goals and enthusiasm I think Shields is a much more complete footballer. He looks altogether a premiership quality footballer. If we should get promoted he is the type of player we will need up front and I would hope we would pull out the stops to keep him.

3 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

Seriously, I think we got a terrific break when Simon chose to leave. Much as I admired him and enjoyed his goals and enthusiasm I think Shields is a much more complete footballer. He looks altogether a premiership quality footballer. If we should get promoted he is the type of player we will need up front and I would hope we would pull out the stops to keep him.

Not too sure how much Simon put into researching his new employer. Shields’ a much more rounded striker, no question. 

image.thumb.png.bea977daeef3b58252805e43ddf2434b.pngimage.thumb.png.7ea4c148916c4447272c1fd48faf0c00.png