Airdrie Vs The Bairns

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

This. His constant harping about offside on what looks pretty clearly to be a superbly timed run combined with a step up from Donaldson that's half a second late makes him look hilariously stupid. 

The making out of a simple push away to be GBH too. 😂

Fans of other clubs coming onto match threads to be complain about commentary by a Falkirk fan, for Falkirk fans. Lewis Connolly, you are doing something right 💙

Definitely offside btw. 

5 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Fans of other clubs coming onto match threads to be complain about commentary by a Falkirk fan, for Falkirk fans. Lewis Connolly, you are doing something right 💙

Definitely offside btw. 

Shock horror a Falkirk supporting volunteer would be bias on a Falkirk tv stream. 

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

We know you are after your performance in the Falkirk thread the other day 🤣

I was being kind, anyone who thinks that's offside or that it's a red is v silly. 

21 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Shock horror a Falkirk supporting volunteer would be bias on a Falkirk tv stream. 

No ones shocked, afterall no one is shocked that Aftv is biased towards Arsenal, nor that the Rangers fans are horrendous at commentating on their stream. That doesn't stop people quite rightfully laughing at some awful takes, the commentators on the Falkirk TV are really v funny. I'm not sure that's the angle they're going for, but they are. 

Having watched the highlights back Airdrie's goal looks onside tbf. Very tight either way. 

How we didn't get a penalty for that handball though I will never know. McCabe also lucky to stay on the park. Airdrie have had a few discipline problems recently and I would suggest that is down to the manager and the (lack of) example he is setting 

17 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I was being kind, anyone who thinks that's offside or that it's a red is v silly. 

No ones shocked, afterall no one is shocked that Aftv is biased towards Arsenal, nor that the Rangers fans are horrendous at commentating on their stream. That doesn't stop people quite rightfully laughing at some awful takes, the commentators on the Falkirk TV are really v funny. I'm not sure that's the angle they're going for, but they are. 

I personally don't think it's a red card. The offsides touch and go, from that angle you can't tell either way. I personally don't care cause it meant f**k all in the end anyway.

I don't think Lewis will give a f**k what opposing fans think. I know for a fact I'd have some questionable shouts if I were to be handed a microphone and told to commentate live during the game. 

12 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

I personally don't think it's a red card. The offsides touch and go, from that angle you can't tell either way. I personally don't care cause it meant f**k all in the end anyway.

I don't think Lewis will give a f**k what opposing fans think. I know for a fact I'd have some questionable shouts if I were to be handed a microphone and told to commentate live during the game. 

Oh absolutely, commentating, especially live at a game will be extremely difficult. However it doesn't stop people laughing at what is bad commentary, who doesn't love a good chuckle at the despairing Rangers fans doing there stream etc? On the flip side you've got the likes of the Arbroath streamer who has went viral with his "Jeezy Peeps" line. 

I'm not sure why the live commentary is included in the highlights tbf, it doesn't enhance the footage and all it does is open up your commentators for ridicule. And while I appreciate Lewis might not care, likewise. It can't be surprising that anyone not of a Falkirk persuasion finds his takes a bit wild. 

14 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Definitely offside btw. 

Falkirk fans again failing to understand the concept of a multi club forum. If you don't want to read other people commenting on your games and highlights, stick to One F. 😝

12 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Falkirk fans again failing to understand the concept of a multi club forum. If you don't want to read other people commenting on your games and highlights, stick to One F. 😝

The comment relates to accessing and using Falkirk FC services then complaining of bias. Nothing to do with the forum.

it looks like you ‘failed to understand’ this tbf….

Offside looks really tight, looks like their feet are level, but leaning opposite directions, so would only really know by the stupid VAR lines. Normally you see these decisions even out over a season, but we've had hee haw from refs all year. We're due a penalty every other game for rest of season for that to happen.

For the Kennedy McCabe altercation, was i shouting for a red, absolutely. Did i expect one? Not a chance.

45 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

The comment relates to accessing and using Falkirk FC services then complaining of bias. Nothing to do with the forum.

it looks like you ‘failed to understand’ this tbf….

The comment's plain stupid. There's a link to highlights on here. There's no "Don't watch these if you don't support Falkirk" rule. I'll watch them if I like, and then comment on ridiculous commentary as I see fit.

He was STILL rabbiting about it at the full time whilst. And he's STILL wrong.

23 minutes ago, Trump said:

You’ve had a mare here, much like your team this year.

My team has absolutely had a mare. Me, not so much.

Aside from the Airdrie goal debate, (funnily enough I thought 'off' at the game; seeing the highlights I do think its well-timed and fair enough) I'd like to see again Henderson's 'goal' that got chalked off by the same linesman in the second half.  (The same linesman who also missed the blatant shirt pull by Telfer on Morrison when he burst clear from halfway, and missed a couple of Telfer's sly digs at McCann on the same touchline). So all in all, the penalty miss was an absolute treat. 

14 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Oh absolutely, commentating, especially live at a game will be extremely difficult. However it doesn't stop people laughing at what is bad commentary, who doesn't love a good chuckle at the despairing Rangers fans doing there stream etc? On the flip side you've got the likes of the Arbroath streamer who has went viral with his "Jeezy Peeps" line. 

I'm not sure why the live commentary is included in the highlights tbf, it doesn't enhance the footage and all it does is open up your commentators for ridicule. And while I appreciate Lewis might not care, likewise. It can't be surprising that anyone not of a Falkirk persuasion finds his takes a bit wild. 

I disagree, highlights with commentary is better - there's a visual aspect and an auditory one which is better for keeping attention. Tone, pace and volume can convey the seriousness or lack thereof in a chance and they do add a lot to the game. Of course, live commentary editing on the other hand is a difficult skill because conversations can go on while a bit of play is developing and choosing where and when to cut is an acquired skill.

With Falkirk TV I think there's an issue of being too authoritative - they want to tell you a narrative which can be quite jarring when there's no substance to it beyond Falkirk FC = good . As commentaries go though I don't think the Airdrie one was particularly bad. 

56 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The comment's plain stupid. There's a link to highlights on here. There's no "Don't watch these if you don't support Falkirk" rule. I'll watch them if I like, and then comment on ridiculous commentary as I see fit.

He was STILL rabbiting about it at the full time whilst. And he's STILL wrong.

My team has absolutely had a mare. Me, not so much.

Again, no one’s suggesting that you don’t watch it otherwise it probably wouldn’t be available to you, but it looks like you’ve failed to understand that too……

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

It's class that there's people in here offering up ridicule towards those who are saying it's definitely offside, whilst they themselves are saying it's definitely not offside. 

The irony is quite astonishing. 

Was thinking that myself. Guy used to be very helpful with the obvious knowledge that he has but he seems to be turning a bit sanctimonious now.