Airdrie Vs The Bairns

Excellent performance outside 10 minutes in the first half just after they scored. Once we got a grip of them in midfield we dominated. Nesbitt my MOM sprung them a good few times and we were a massive threat on the break second half.

Airdire goal offside and the PK save was a huge bonus. Kinnear looked assured and I would think as he has the jersey now he will keep it. We also now have a replacement for McGinn (who looks like he is carrying an injury) in young Max. Absolute quality.

In the end we could have scored a good few more with the Wright miss especially bad. 

To our friends from over the bridge, we ain’t going away.

Edited by Back Post Misses

Train back to Glasgow, and fair play to a couple of Airdrie fans who thought we played the best football (second 45)seen at their stadium by a country mile. Interesting to hear them say that our balance across the park may just be enough to run out as top team. Their MOM Nesbitt (can’t  argue) 

8 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Wrong manager

Can’t decide if this is the case or not. We have a 30 year old manager with no experience, with a 30 year old assistant with no experience, with absolutely no support structure. There will be mistakes, yes, but it’s the galling regularity with which they occur and the desire to not learn from them. Lack of discipline is also a huge issue with this team.

The difference is that Falkirk went for McGlynn and backed him clearly to build a team, and have allowed him to turn them into a usual McGlynn team - streetwise and seemingly efficient. Quite literally the opposite of our approach.

If Falkirk don’t go up automatically they will almost certainly beat us in the play-offs (if we make them), and most probably after we go 1-0 up.

Disappointing performance from us today. Got the goal and had them rattled and then fair play to MCGlynn he made the tactical changes to get Nesbit and Morrison into the game a bit more. Maybe converting the penalty would have changed the course of the game will never know  Credit to Falkirk who played well and deserve the win. Guess our dominant few years run had to end at some point. Our key men didn't show today Falkirks did. 

Still looking forward to smashing them over both legs in the playoffs though.  ♦️

The first half today played pretty much exactly as I expected when I saw the teams. We started well and were well on top for the first twenty minutes or so, with the midfield four pressing high and overwhelming Falkirk. After that Falkirk realised they could expose our lack of width, particularly down our left where Stanway fell out the game completely, and it was one way traffic from there. The goal, as most of the ones we concede do, came from really sloppy play but it had been coming for a while. We then get a great chance to go back in front but as usual blow the penalty. 

We made the right change at half time, as it was clear we had to change shape and use Smith’s pace and work-rate. Unfortunately yet more sloppy play in the middle from a needless pass from Telfer led to the second and Falkirk strolled it from there. I thought Watson was very poor for the third goal too and to be honest it could easily have been five or six towards the end but for some poor finishing. 

The difference in experience between management showed today. Falkirk had a tough start but McGlynn worked out how to play around Airdrie and from then on we never had an answer. McCabe did the right thing changing shape but there were no real attempts to change the game beyond that bar bringing on McGregor (who doesn’t appear suited to playing against a deeper defence) and swapping the left back. I’d have brought Salim on just to try and cause some chaos and at worst just to give @FFC 1876a laugh. 

I thought Falkirk would win the league this season and while Dunfermline seem a bit too strong, I do fancy them to win the play-offs. They’re far better now than they have been at any other time since they came down. I think Falkirk are decent enough defensively but as we saw today and against Dunfermline, if you put their defences under pressure they can struggle. Unfortunately the same is even more true for us and that’s why those two teams are deservedly well above us. 

On 20/02/2023 at 15:48, DiamondT said:

With Smith back and hopefully the loan keeper is who we all think it is we can go into this game with Falkirk with real confidence. As well as Falkirk have been doing recently they always seem to play right into our hands especially at our place. Can see us blowing them away like we did to Alloa and Dunfermline in the first half and hopefully unlike the later we keep 11 men on the park and we will comfortably see this through. For me we this will be vital to keep us firmly in playoff spot and dent Falkirks title hopes as I'd fancy us against them in a playoff as well.  👍♦️

On 21/02/2023 at 19:18, Diamond1924 said:

Now that the painful debate about McKay and Donaldson is finally over, I’d like to offer an opinion.

I feel that falkirk are a much improved side from when we played them at the start of the season although so are we. Our only downfall being our inability to sustain a lead.

I think we should go into this feeling confident considering how well we played over the last two weeks but shouldn’t expect an easy game. 

Falkirk do still give me the sense that all could collapse at any moment and there’s no better place for that than in ML6 on Saturday 👍

On 21/02/2023 at 19:22, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Don't flatter yourselves. We've been fairly average against you at times and still won. 

On 21/02/2023 at 21:40, Aufc said:

4-0 to airdrie and at least 6 falkirk Fannies to be punched out their trainers. Maybe topple a few disabled fans whilst we are at it. No mercy

On 22/02/2023 at 08:33, Diamond1924 said:

A few of my favourites against the most delusional fan base in the country. 

24381934-5630-422C-BA04-2B4594B5C4AC.jpeg

D6CEC2EE-36B6-4D10-8A62-0BD28E546DB1.jpeg

42CA4665-C9D1-4ECE-B040-9DE89543339D.jpeg

56C6D828-A23E-4302-B063-470356EFD071.jpeg

9A4A41A1-F790-4159-B7A6-2C2460186C1C.jpeg

18AC26CE-0674-46EC-BE16-55E21A8F3BA5.jpeg

On 24/02/2023 at 08:33, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Must be good supporting a team that don't occasionally f**k up and blow an opportunity. Oh wait..... The Mighty, huge, massive Falkirk are still here after years of perpetual failure. 😉

Let's see come Saturday. Here's hoping the 'Mighty Charlie Telfer' shows what he can do when he's managed properly. 👌

On 24/02/2023 at 09:09, DiamondT said:

Nothing to fear going into this. At our worst stage of season it was a draw however I do think Falkirk have improved so I'm going for only 3 -0 to The Diamonds this time. 

Screenshot_20230224-090323.png

17 minutes ago, DiamondT said:

Disappointing performance from us today. Got the goal and had them rattled and then fair play to MCGlynn he made the tactical changes to get Nesbit and Morrison into the game a bit more. Maybe converting the penalty would have changed the course of the game will never know  Credit to Falkirk who played well and deserve the win. Guess our dominant few years run had to end at some point. Our key men didn't show today Falkirks did. 

Still looking forward to smashing them over both legs in the playoffs though.  ♦️

Delicious. Enjoy your night. 

43 minutes ago, Mr November said:

The first half today played pretty much exactly as I expected when I saw the teams. We started well and were well on top for the first twenty minutes or so, with the midfield four pressing high and overwhelming Falkirk. After that Falkirk realised they could expose our lack of width, particularly down our left where Stanway fell out the game completely, and it was one way traffic from there. The goal, as most of the ones we concede do, came from really sloppy play but it had been coming for a while. We then get a great chance to go back in front but as usual blow the penalty. 

We made the right change at half time, as it was clear we had to change shape and use Smith’s pace and work-rate. Unfortunately yet more sloppy play in the middle from a needless pass from Telfer led to the second and Falkirk strolled it from there. I thought Watson was very poor for the third goal too and to be honest it could easily have been five or six towards the end but for some poor finishing. 

The difference in experience between management showed today. Falkirk had a tough start but McGlynn worked out how to play around Airdrie and from then on we never had an answer. McCabe did the right thing changing shape but there were no real attempts to change the game beyond that bar bringing on McGregor (who doesn’t appear suited to playing against a deeper defence) and swapping the left back. I’d have brought Salim on just to try and cause some chaos and at worst just to give @FFC 1876a laugh. 

I thought Falkirk would win the league this season and while Dunfermline seem a bit too strong, I do fancy them to win the play-offs. They’re far better now than they have been at any other time since they came down. I think Falkirk are decent enough defensively but as we saw today and against Dunfermline, if you put their defences under pressure they can struggle. Unfortunately the same is even more true for us and that’s why those two teams are deservedly well above us. 

Nearly cleared the stand with a shot in the warm up.

Was quite happy to see Smith starting on the bench as he's normally on fire against us but I thought Rowe handled him brilliantly when he came on.

Be interesting to see the Mccabe handball incident back as from first viewing it looked to me as if he's popped his arm out to block it.

12 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Nearly cleared the stand with a shot in the warm up.

Was quite happy to see Smith starting on the bench as he's normally on fire against us but I thought Rowe handled him brilliantly when he came on.

Be interesting to see the Mccabe handball incident back as from first viewing it looked to me as if he's popped his arm out to block it.

He probably handled it but we are Falkirk and we dont do penalties

Falkirk impressed me today eventually but again missed chances prevented us from going 2 or 3 up. Falkirk definitely won the midfield battle and looked comfortable in the second half. Fair play, they are much improved and in my opinion much better team than Dunfermline. Must feel good to beat us as we've owned you for a large number of games and even the 1 game you did previously you shouldn't have. What I don't understand is how your boy avoids at least a booking at the penalty?