Airdrie Vs The Bairns

There’s 4 or 5 disabled parking bays in the away car park accessed via Petersburn Road. Not always all used but I guess with Falkirks massive support they will be so advise to get there early: The bays are a fairly short walk from the away stand (opposite main stand) and have the added bonus of being free for disabled blue badge holder which have to be shown on entry.

3 hours ago, Wind Chime Jimmy said:

Airdrie are hands down best footballing team in this league. I'd real concern about playing them recently over 2 legs. Happy with the Pars 4 points tbh. Much as I detest Airdrie (worse than Falkirk), I hope them pump Falkirk. 

Right that's plenty from you wee guy. There's nothing wrong with a wee snidey input on a match thread for your league rivals, god knows the Falkirk lads can attest I've been a dick on their threads through the past few years enough times, but three genuinely bad attempts in the space of a single page or so is just a bit sad. So away any play with your Duplo or something and leave the needle (attempt 4, heroin joke incoming) to folk who are actually half decent at it.

Edited by cb_diamond

19 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

There is plenty yes, accessible via both front and rear entrances too I believe. There's stewards on the gates who can direct you. 👍

18 minutes ago, weigh cider said:

There’s 4 or 5 disabled parking bays in the away car park accessed via Petersburn Road. Not always all used but I guess with Falkirks massive support they will be so advise to get there early: The bays are a fairly short walk from the away stand (opposite main stand) and have the added bonus of being free for disabled blue badge holder which have to be shown on entry.

Cheers for the info!

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
14 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Right that's plenty from you wee guy. There's nothing wrong with a wee snidey input on a match thread for your league rivals, god knows the Falkirk lads can attest I've been a dick on their threads through the past few years enough times, but three genuinely bad attempts in the space of a single page or so is just a bit sad. So away any play with your Duplo or something and leave the needle (attempt 4, heroin joke incoming) to folk who are actually half decent at it.

Shut up you sanctimonious,  post editing tart. Changed my mind, 3-0 Falkirk. 

1 hour ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

And losing 4 nil to us the last time you were at our ground wasn't a complete capitulation? 

But you 'properly managed' to forget that I'm sure. 😘

losing the keeper and being a man down when there were no more subs to be made was a major part in that, not to mention honking officiating, and am sorry bud but that pitch looks as if the young team have had a swally session on it not to mention the state of it, not that ours is in the best shape either but damn site better than what that is.

Added in the fact we didn't turn up that day was another deciding factor in the result.

4 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

losing the keeper and being a man down when there were no more subs to be made was a major part in that, not to mention honking officiating, and am sorry bud but that pitch looks as if the young team have had a swally session on it not to mention the state of it, not that ours is in the best shape either but damn site better than what that is.

Added in the fact we didn't turn up that day was another deciding factor in the result.

Sounds like a whole lot of excuses to me. Accept the spanking and move on wee man. 

Edited by Diamond1924

3 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

losing the keeper and being a man down when there were no more subs to be made was a major part in that, 

So just to confirm:

Airdrie lose 4 goals while a man down = capitulation.

Falkirk lose 4 goals while a man down = not capitulation.

Gotcha

1 minute ago, Diamond1924 said:

Sounds like a whole lot of excuses to me. Accept the spanking and move on wee man. 

Just a combination of things that went wrong but as I say losing the keeper and being a man down didn't help,

Anyway you lot lying down to Dunfermline the last couple of weeks with having a keeper and a striker sent off but no doubt will turn up for this one.

Tbf McKay went off injured when we had no more subs to make, it wasnt a needless red card. We were already 2-0 down but still shouldn't have conceded two more goals. We also lost our keeper to injury. I wasnt there but we didnt seem to have much luck that day based on those two incidents alone.

20230225_101011.thumb.jpg.bad1df8a99758c768f0fbbd5d99ecc10.jpg

The team that lines up for today's game will look quite different. Guys like Rowe, Henderson, Kennedy, McCann & Oliver have been ever present during our good form, and the others we have added give us some great options off the bench.

We are bound to lose at some point though (unbeaten in 10(?) league games + 3 good wins in the SC) and I wouldnt be surprised if it is at a ground where we seem to nearly always get beaten. Whatever the set of results if we dont lose any ground on Dunfermline I think that will be a good afternoon's work 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

31 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Right, so you're excusing your performance to being a man down, yet the initial post was about our collapse, also when a man down...... Interesting. 

And blaming the pitch. Jeezo. 😂

18 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Right, so you're excusing your performance to being a man down, yet the initial post was about our collapse, also when a man down...... Interesting. 

And blaming the pitch. Jeezo. 😂

All contributing factors, however, lets talk about your own 3 nil up against Dunfermline and managing to lose 4-3.  I mean we had to appoint Gary Holt to have a collapse on that proportion although we did do it twice once in a cup game against Hibs and another collapse in the league.

If you had been down a couple of goals already I could get that under the circumstance, but lying down to Dunfermline at 3 goals up. you could have at least tried to make the capitulation convincing.

Edited by AL-FFC

6 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

All contributing factors, however, lets talk about your own 3 nil up against Dunfermline and managing to lose 4-3.  I mean we had to appoint Gary Holt to have a collapse on that proportion although we did do it twice once in a cup game against Hibs and another collapse in the league.

If you had been down a couple of goals already I could get that under the circumstance, but lying down to Dunfermline at 3 goals up. you could have at least tried to make the capitulation convincing.

Err... I think I already have talked about our result. We also were down to 10 men. Are you just going to skim over the fact that you're happy using that excuse but don't think it applies to other teams too? 

Our collapse was brutal. No doubt about it. Hard to take given we dominated Dunfermline. Even McPake said we are the best team they've played this season. Home and away. The sending off turned the game. We still shouldn't have lost. But if that sending off doesn't happen, we win. Simple as that. So if we csn outplay them, even at their own park, then we've nothing to fear today. Even the mighty Falkirk. 

11 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Err... I think I already have talked about our result. We also were down to 10 men. Are you just going to skim over the fact that you're happy using that excuse but don't think it applies to other teams too? 

Our collapse was brutal. No doubt about it. Hard to take given we dominated Dunfermline. Even McPake said we are the best team they've played this season. Home and away. The sending off turned the game. We still shouldn't have lost. But if that sending off doesn't happen, we win. Simple as that. So if we csn outplay them, even at their own park, then we've nothing to fear today. Even the mighty Falkirk. 

I think today will be a tough call tbh, most bairns are going into this one grounded in the reality of where we are we are on a good run and it has to come to an end at some point i do think if it does it it will be today.  How are you with your suspensions with the 2 sendings off the past couple of weeks ?

its probably been asked but have you got a PATG today ?

4 minutes ago, Wind Chime Jimmy said:

Airdrie are a better team than Falkirk. I agree with Messiah McPake. However not good enough to beat the Pars. You both got me? 

We've already witnessed slavers like yourself kicking off at people suggesting Falkirk are a better team than Pars, pointing to League position. So with that in mind, goin stop talking absolute shite, you boring boring clown

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

We've already witnessed slavers like yourself kicking off at people suggesting Falkirk are a better team than Pars, pointing to League position. So with that in mind, goin stop talking absolute shite, you boring boring clown

He's word vomiting like this across multiple threads in the last 24 hrs or so, like some kind of bizarre, left field heads gone.