Airdrie Vs The Bairns

26 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Donaldson and McKay have only started together twice at CB and conceded 5 goals. 

On that logic does that make Mackie our best centre back? Not saying he is but there are way to many variables to make this argument. 

Bottom line for me is that a combination of any 3 makes us comfortable but not one centre back is a stand out. That is why they are with us in League 1.

Maybe the best way to look at this is that Donaldson has made way fewer complete f**k ups than the other two. IMO anyway. McKay has improved immensely, no doubt about that (although that may be because he's playing with better players), however, we all know that he will f**k up again at some point. Mackie I think hasn't make so many huge mistakes either although he obviously hasn't had as many opportunities to do so.

Donaldson would definitely start for me and I'd probably pick Mackie ahead of McKay simply because he's left footed so we wouldn't have to play anyone out of position.

57 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Disagree with this, I think the eye test, and the fact McGlynn picks Donaldson over the others when he's available makes him a standout

55 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

You are defending the indefensible just admit you are in the minority of 1 amongst the support and move on. 

30 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Maybe the best way to look at this is that Donaldson has made way fewer complete f**k ups than the other two. IMO anyway. McKay has improved immensely, no doubt about that (although that may be because he's playing with better players), however, we all know that he will f**k up again at some point. Mackie I think hasn't make so many huge mistakes either although he obviously hasn't had as many opportunities to do so.

Donaldson would definitely start for me and I'd probably pick Mackie ahead of McKay simply because he's left footed so we wouldn't have to play anyone out of position.

We'll need to respectfully disagree. I'd love to see us go from now to May with Donaldson at the helm and win the title whilst conceding no goals. That will shut me up.

He's clearly a very competent defender, that was never in question, however i do not get the hysteria. 

I'll leave it there as we could probably go back and forth all day.

1 minute ago, latapythelegend said:

We'll need to respectfully disagree. I'd love to see us go from now to May with Donaldson at the helm and win the title whilst conceding no goals. That will shut me up.

He's clearly a very competent defender, that was never in question, however i do not get the hysteria. 

I look forward to it:D

10 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

No hysteria at all, just recognition that the lad is currently best option in his position.

22 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I still think that Marshall was far from blameless.

Aye and the ball takes a wee change of direction just when Holmes thinks he's got the situation under control. He was a good player for us over the piece I would say.

1 hour ago, latapythelegend said:

Great to read a debate on who is best rather than us trying to decide who is the most shitty

19 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Great to read a debate on who is best rather than us trying to decide who is the most shitty

So true, can’t remember the last time anyone was arguing/discussing this exact debate. Brings it home what an absolute pile of shite we’ve witnessed for too many seasons. Although the discussion has closed, I think on current form there’s not much between the three CBs, for me Donaldson gets it by a nose as he makes better use of the ball (just)

Now that the painful debate about McKay and Donaldson is finally over, I’d like to offer an opinion.

I feel that falkirk are a much improved side from when we played them at the start of the season although so are we. Our only downfall being our inability to sustain a lead.

I think we should go into this feeling confident considering how well we played over the last two weeks but shouldn’t expect an easy game. 

Falkirk do still give me the sense that all could collapse at any moment and there’s no better place for that than in ML6 on Saturday 👍

On 20/02/2023 at 13:25, Shabba said:

Our record is dreadful against Airdrie. It’s time for us to stand up and get results ourselves, we’ve been reliant on other teams losing for too long. If we win, I can see us winning the league, if we don’t then it’ll be the playoffs. Always a tough game at Airdrie who seem to save their best performances for us

A410E900-D587-4559-8480-8EC4CF3D136E.jpeg

Don't flatter yourselves. We've been fairly average against you at times and still won. 

8 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

You will need to be much better than fairly average this week to have any chance.

No doubt. I also don't doubt that we will be. Whilst you're all fawning over your defence, with someone suggesting it's you've best CB pairing in the league, I'd suggest we've the most inform midfield in the league right now. Including Mr Telfer who is just getting better with every game he plays. 

Dunfermline couldn't handle us 2 games ago. But for a daft sending off, it could've ended more than 3 nil to us. Even on Saturday, we played them off the park at times. 

I see no reason why we can't do the same to you on Saturday given we've done it plenty in recent seasons. Yes, you may be an improved team now, but we too are a stronger team than when we beat you 4 nil at home earlier in the season. 

Some of the comments on here are funny as. Edinburgh have been our bogey team so we are cautious about when we play them. It's fair to say we've been your bogey team yet the confidence / arrogance on some posts is laughable. Bring on Saturday. 

Edited by Glenmavis Diamond

19 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

No doubt. I also don't doubt that we will be. Whilst you're all fawning over your defence, with someone suggesting it's you've best CB pairing in the league, I'd suggest we've the most inform midfield in the league right now. Including Mr Telfer who is just getting better with every game he plays. 

Dunfermline couldn't handle us 2 games ago. But for a daft sending off, it could've ended more than 3 nil to us. Even on Saturday, we played them off the park at times. 

I see no reason why we can't do the same to you on Saturday given we've done it plenty in recent seasons. Yes, you may be an improved team now, but we too are a stronger team than when we beat you 4 nil at home earlier in the season. 

Some of the comments on here are funny as. Edinburgh have been our bogey team so we are cautious about when we play them. It's fair to say we've been your bogey team yet the confidence / arrogance on some posts is laughable. Bring on Saturday. 

I wasn't suggesting, it's fact.