Airdrie Vs The Bairns

With Smith back and hopefully the loan keeper is who we all think it is we can go into this game with Falkirk with real confidence. As well as Falkirk have been doing recently they always seem to play right into our hands especially at our place. Can see us blowing them away like we did to Alloa and Dunfermline in the first half and hopefully unlike the later we keep 11 men on the park and we will comfortably see this through. For me we this will be vital to keep us firmly in playoff spot and dent Falkirks title hopes as I'd fancy us against them in a playoff as well.  👍♦️

2 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

Its all subjective I suppose. On Saturday his distribution particularly to the right back was very poor. A

By all means he is a solid centre back but between him McKay and Mackie the difference isn't all that much and our goals conceded stats probably show that. 

I'll get shot down for saying that. Against Clyde he was having a shocker before his sending off. 

The only game this season where it was evidently clear we missed him was the 3-3 draw with Clyde when McKay and Henderson had a shocker.

Donaldson is miles better than McKay and Mackie…

31 minutes ago, DiamondT said:

With Smith back and hopefully the loan keeper is who we all think it is we can go into this game with Falkirk with real confidence. As well as Falkirk have been doing recently they always seem to play right into our hands especially at our place. Can see us blowing them away like we did to Alloa and Dunfermline in the first half and hopefully unlike the later we keep 11 men on the park and we will comfortably see this through. For me we this will be vital to keep us firmly in playoff spot and dent Falkirks title hopes as I'd fancy us against them in a playoff as well.  👍♦️

There's no need to bring in Murray Johnston just get Davie Hutton played.

Donaldson is a significantly better player than McKay in all aspects of his game. McKay has been fine when called upon, especially considering how badly he played last season, and fair play to him for filling in at RB as well. In terms of a pairing with Donaldson, you'd really want a left footed player in there, and Mackie and Henderson have both had some suspect moments. Overall though Mackie has been solid and with Henderson getting better and better in midfield I would stick with those two at the back until the end of the season 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

59 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Interesting stats. Do you have the same for Mackie and McKay to compare?

Donaldson and Mackie have started 7 league games together as a centre back pairing and conceded 4 goals.

Mckay and Mackie have started 4 league games together as a centre back pairing and conceded 5 goals.

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Donaldson and Mackie have started 7 league games together as a centre back pairing and conceded 4 goals.

Mckay and Mackie have started 4 league games together as a centre back pairing and conceded 5 goals.

That stat doesnt surprise me tbh. Considering we are fairly free scoring at the other end of the pitch it is exactly that kind of tightening up at the back which should see the NBJ go on another winning run and steamroller over Dunfermline to the title. 

27 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Donaldson and McKay have only started together twice at CB and conceded 5 goals. 

On that logic does that make Mackie our best centre back? Not saying he is but there are way to many variables to make this argument. 

Bottom line for me is that a combination of any 3 makes us comfortable but not one centre back is a stand out. That is why they are with us in League 1.

8 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Donaldson and McKay have only started together twice at CB and conceded 5 goals. 

On that logic does that make Mackie our best centre back? Not saying he is but there are way to many variables to make this argument. 

Bottom line for me is that a combination of any 3 makes us comfortable but not one centre back is a stand out. That is why they are with us in League 1.

Disagree with this, I think the eye test, and the fact McGlynn picks Donaldson over the others when he's available makes him a standout

8 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

You are defending the indefensible just admit you are in the minority of 1 amongst the support and move on.