Airdrie Vs The Bairns

We should go into this confident of getting a result, but for me it really depends on who we have in goals. I said it in our thread but as great a moment as the penalty save was, I don't fancy 90 minutes of Hutton at all. A big game and one I'm looking forward to. Hate to indulge any crowdwanking nonsense but it makes a difference to the atmosphere when the other stand is in use and the place is a bit busier in general. If you score you'll get at least a point. 

5-4 Airdrie (after being 4-0 up) - Salim, Telfer, ATS, Euan Deveney and Kyan Gunn with the goals, Hutton to get sent off, Falkirk finally get a penalty and Liam Prunty saves it and McGlynn to be a slavering mess in his interview afterwards. 

In my head this is a must win if we want to win the league. I know it isn’t on paper but psychologically, if we don’t win on Saturday we can forget it.

Would be a good time to put in a really good performance and come away with a comfortable win but it will be a heart stopper as usual.

Airdrie seem to be in decent form but they did chuck a 3 goal lead with half an hour left last week so who knows.

Huge game this and I'm not particularly confident despite our excellent run of games. Thought we were lucky not to have been punished first half by Alloa from our slack passing in our own half and being a bit leggy. Hopefully McGlynn will have them up for this game as it really is vital.

I'd drop Oliver for this one as I feel that, like Saturday, when teams aren't sitting in against us he isn't as effective, maybe a game for Allan or Wright. I'd also try and keep Kucheriavyi in midfield too although I'm not certain who I'd drop for him.

Hopefully Telfer has one of his invisible games...

Interested to see how we set up for this. Smith is a very important player for us but it would be harsh to drop anyone from last week, especially as it would probably be Stanway who put a real shift in and got the goal. The diamond we played might be more exposed against Morrison and Kennedy though so I wouldn’t be too surprised if McCabe goes back to the usual shape. Expecting a tough game and certainly not another 4-0 to us.

16 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Can see there being goals in this.  Henderson will be a big loss if he doesn't make it.  Kucheriavyi looked good on Saturday but a completely different type of player.  Mackie in defence still gives me the fear.  

2 -1 Falkirk

I thought Mackie had a decent game on Saturday, better than he has been recently anyway.

Our record is dreadful against Airdrie. It’s time for us to stand up and get results ourselves, we’ve been reliant on other teams losing for too long. If we win, I can see us winning the league, if we don’t then it’ll be the playoffs. Always a tough game at Airdrie who seem to save their best performances for us

A410E900-D587-4559-8480-8EC4CF3D136E.jpeg

2 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

Any sort of win will do. 

Same team as Saturday although Mackie and Donaldson need to sharpen in up in possession. Too many stray passes at the weekend. No idea how long McKay is out for but I would've had him for either of them if available. 

Donaldson is our best centre back by some way.

1 hour ago, Mr November said:

Interested to see how we set up for this. Smith is a very important player for us but it would be harsh to drop anyone from last week, especially as it would probably be Stanway who put a real shift in and got the goal. The diamond we played might be more exposed against Morrison and Kennedy though so I wouldn’t be too surprised if McCabe goes back to the usual shape. Expecting a tough game and certainly not another 4-0 to us.

I thought Smith was still suspended for you 

Just now, Reggie Perrin said:

Donaldson is our best centre back by some way.

Its all subjective I suppose. On Saturday his distribution particularly to the right back was very poor. A

By all means he is a solid centre back but between him McKay and Mackie the difference isn't all that much and our goals conceded stats probably show that. 

I'll get shot down for saying that. Against Clyde he was having a shocker before his sending off. 

The only game this season where it was evidently clear we missed him was the 3-3 draw with Clyde when McKay and Henderson had a shocker.