Dumbarton vs Elgin City

5 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

Yeah, I'm never ever confident as a Dumbarton fan... this had all the makings of a comfy away win.

Top of the league vs team in worst form (just about).

Our home record at risk.

Team looks good pre match.

Will be 0-3 by the end of the match, no doubt.

I know nothing...

But we are rubbish and I expect us to lose.

*please prove me wrong sons!*

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Quite how we have managed to go in at half time with scoreline level I do not know. Elgin must be sick. We look absolutely all over the place all over the park.

Totally agree. Cracking strike aside we have been hopeless. 

6 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Joe McKee isn't working. He isn't doing anything and Elgin are able to play through us. We need to sort out midfield  we've been hopeless.

I do wonder if the state of our pitch handicaps some of our players. The likes of McKee who likes to play football and Orsi who likes to dribble and run at the opposition.

15 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

It'll come. You'll win, we'll lose. The signs have been there for a few weeks now that we really are starting to struggle.

H.mmm. Elgin have a tendency towards 2nd half collapses. Not convinced on that prediction at all

2 hours ago, Clarko_son said:

McLean and Wallace dream team starting together pleases me greatly. Which is almost a guarantee that we'll create nothing 

So we did create nothing and also just completely forgot to defend in the most basic senses. Both goals completely avoidable yet here we are. 

Didn't actually didn't test their keeper as well as far as I can remember except some crosses and stuff 

We were so, so bad there. Thoroughly deserved to lose.

The way we gave away the penalty was comical, I wouldn’t even know where to start in describing it. Endless long punts in the second half, didn’t trouble the Elgin keeper at all. There’s no criticism too harsh for that performance.

As for the pitch… what a state. That’s a big problem.